• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

Thanks Scott!

Naga Turning:

AnnsGlog7-1Naga_zps5d46b617.jpg

About all pods are turning on this Naga . . . but thankfully loaded with flowers too. And couple more Nagas in other places.

Yellow Brain shots:

AnnsGlog7-1YellowBrainstrain1_zps53755704.jpg

and another brain shots--quite a few on this monster plant:

AnnsGlog7-1YellowBrainstrain2_zps9a0a7130.jpg

Good start to NaBrainer.

Others. Ramon/Walkgood JA Hab loaded and growing:

AnnsGlog7-1JARedRamon_zps5f0837c1.jpg

Serrano Tampequino (salsa verde XXX will happen; a few brains and 7's never hurt s-verde) . . . pico de gallo will happen:

AnnsGlog7-1SerranoTampequino_zps5a7569e6.jpg

freakin' wheat straw sprouting in background . . . no big deal. Should have let it get wet before putting down

Pasilla de Bajio:

AnnsGlog7-1Pasilla_zpsd84d99f3.jpg

Poblano San Martin:

AnnsGlog7-1PoblanoSanMartin_zpsa5821fc2.jpg

Aconcagua monster:

AnnsGlog7-1Aconcagua_zpsc6f2f256.jpg

I pulled it as I think plant is too small to be toting around something this big.

Also had a nice green but tasty Carib Red because the pod was keeping the plant from forking. Or that was my excuse. Nice sweet taste. Anyhow, mosquitoes were HONGRAY this morning . . . wish they ate negative bugs.

Thanks for looking and thanks for bump, Scott! Be well, everybody!

Annie!

Things are looking good! Pods, flowers, and healthy plants.
Naga turning, Brain looking brainy:)
I know you were worried early on, but now things are hopping!

Devv said:
Annie!

Things are looking good! Pods, flowers, and healthy plants.
Naga turning, Brain looking brainy:)
I know you were worried early on, but now things are hopping!

True enough on all of the above, Scott, but the health thing is not too much me! Heck: nurture, plant, hope? I still understand that we're a month behind here. A month behind "normal." Which is just fine!! Gotta go over check and make sure my mother doesn't try to lift anything. She has an inflamed bursa in her right shoulder. (They think.) Made dinner for them this afternoon for tonight but not trusting her even if she can't move her right arm. Hard-headed woman, mhmm. Thanks, hon. ;)

After reading your very descriptive review of the Madballz, and, um after effects, I nominate you to do all the female super reviews!   Can't touch that!!!  (she says with a little MC Hammer running through her head)

Your grow seems to be over the hump now, and picking up steam!  Looking good!

A truly enjoyable read an a remarkable way to paint a canvas with descriptive Madballz words, great review TD mon woMon!

Every ting looking wonderful in da garden, lush plants, pods a ripening and to think you were worried a few weeks back ;) You have set yourself up for a wonderful pepper madness summer, enjoy as you deserve it cause of all your hard work, hats off muchacha \o_

Am sorry about not responding to posts but my mother had to go doc and uh, well with heart-disease, diabetes . . . none go well with cortisone in inflamed bursa in shoulder--her b-sugar's been all over map and found some uncharted lands while at it. Thanks for patience!

JJJessee said:
Yes you are getting close to some serious pepperage.
Glad your rain has calmed down.
Lookin great!

Maybe, Carl; you guys get the off-on rains? Thanks hon!

highalt said:
After reading your very descriptive review of the Madballz, and, um after effects, I nominate you to do all the female super reviews!   Can't touch that!!!  (she says with a little MC Hammer running through her head)

Your grow seems to be over the hump now, and picking up steam!  Looking good!

Lol. I think Pia could do one too. Just need to scare her more with spiders than peppers: be a breeze. I love your grow, Bonnie: nice not-so-superhots, but ya know, really I go for taste. Big time. Thanks! Oh yeah, since my mother's been sick I canned some dill and bread'n butter pickles yesterday IN HER KITCHEN. I forgot how uh, difficult that is. I seriously had forgotten. "I usually do mine . . ." :rolleyes: I mean the woman can hardly wipe her uh, nose because of that arm. I was nice and didn't say, "Then I'll bring you some cucumbers and you can do them . . ." but I just gritted through it. The woman doesn't do well with cortisone. Need to call before go to bed to make sure my father's not checked into a motel!

WalkGood said:
A truly enjoyable read an a remarkable way to paint a canvas with descriptive Madballz words, great review TD mon woMon!

Every ting looking wonderful in da garden, lush plants, pods a ripening and to think you were worried a few weeks back ;) You have set yourself up for a wonderful pepper madness summer, enjoy as you deserve it cause of all your hard work, hats off muchacha \o_

Thanks mi hermano and am sorry thanking you so late: Mama's shoulder, arm (mouth) . . . and trying to work in HER kitchen . . . hmm. Thank you! ;)

Sorry to hear about your mother.  I will be sending prayers her way. :pray:

Plants are really starting to go off. Can't wait too some huge harvest shots in a short bit

Happy Birthday young lady  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:

romy6 said:
 Sorry to hear about your mother.  I will be sending prayers her way. :pray:

Plants are really starting to go off. Can't wait too some huge harvest shots in a short bit

Happy Birthday young lady  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:

Thank you, sweet Jamie!!

And while ya praying, say one for my dad. Pray he's still there and really not checked into motel room. Corticosteroids and my mother are not good fits. At. all. But she'll feel the prayers. I've been praying for her ALL DAY, for 2 days straight. :party: I made myself a cake, since she couldn't. (In her kitchen. Red Velvet.) So, this morning I went over there with some cake for my father since she's diabetic and my mother is "Cut me a big piece of that, please." I said, "But Mama you're diabetic. You don't eat stuff like this and haven't for . . . " She said, "I said, da-aaamn-ii-itT, cut me some cake!" Daddy got up and whacked her a piece. "There ya go, honey." :rofl:

Friend of mine had joke to share in 12 meeting one night. "So I get home from the meeting the other night and I just announced to my husband how much God loves me for being sober. He said, 'No, hon; God loves me.'"

Have a great 4th, Jamie!

Hi Annie, Sorry to hear about family troubles, but Happy Birthday anyway... I guess the good and bad fairies are both out on the anniversary of your naming-day, but you seem to have kept your sense of (black) humor, so no lasting harm, eh? Do something that really gets your blood moving and have a relaxing time after. Take care sister!

My apologies I missed your Natal Day yesterday muchacha, hope you had a great one!

I hope amidst all da troubles in the world and at home that you found happiness from family, friends and all those beautiful plants you are growing, nurturing and loving. I think your biggest present is soon to come, you will be blessed with a huge pull … have a great 4th !!!!

stickman said:
Hi Annie, Sorry to hear about family troubles, but Happy Birthday anyway... I guess the good and bad fairies are both out on the anniversary of your naming-day, but you seem to have kept your sense of (black) humor, so no lasting harm, eh? Do something that really gets your blood moving and have a relaxing time after. Take care sister!

Not family troubles at all, Rick. Damn, this is kinda normal. Of course I have a noir sense of humor about my insane family! I have phone off-hook/turned off for rest of today: it's one of my brother's turns. OH, and another bro is having a bbq and wants them to come meet his son's (their grandson's) future in-laws this afternoon, pre-fireworks. Yeah. :rofl:  My father's afraid to take her out in public "on steroids." The bro having bbq called me and said, "What's gives with Daddy?" Me: "What do you mean? Of course they want to come!! My goodness. Call and talk with Mama; she's stir-crazy. Getting out of house would be good for her." :cool: (I owe him one.) Again, thanks, Rick!

GA Growhead said:
Happy happy joy joy :bday:

Thanks Jay/GA!

WalkGood said:
My apologies I missed your Natal Day yesterday muchacha, hope you had a great one!

I hope amidst all da troubles in the world and at home that you found happiness from family, friends and all those beautiful plants you are growing, nurturing and loving. I think your biggest present is soon to come, you will be blessed with a huge pull … have a great 4th !!!!

Mi hermano, thank you . . . some friends of ours doing a meet-up to hit fireworks tonight after some Q at anothers' house. If it doesn't rain-out them out . . . regardless, taking it eaaaaaaaaaaasy. ;)

JJJessee said:

Maybe, Carl; you guys get the off-on rains? Thanks hon!

Yeap,  stuck in  the rinse cycle. Peppers taking it in stride so far. Maters are whiney though.

True that. Stuck. Maters absolutely not enjoying but peppers just fine; let's hope some sunshine on everything by weekend that perks up the "other" nightshades!

DocNrock said:
Pods are looking great.

Happy Belated Birthday.

Happy 4th!

Thanks Doc and happy 4th to you as well! Happy 4th to everybody and be safe and have fun!! :party:

Keeping you and your family in my prayers! Your hubby sounds awesome btw! LOL

Happy bday(late),and Happy July 4th!
I also have this weird feeling you're about to post some awesome foodie pics!!
;)
Like maybe a new Caribbean cuisine ?!

Brief Review of Barrackpore (Jamie/Romy6) and some pics. Also, Jamie, have got the box, wrapped, need to run to PO and send it: a H. St. Barts pineapple/mango sauce that's not too terribly hot and Fatapple or Fatalii applebutter (thanks Unk Bill) that I thinks killer slathered on pork ribs as finishing sauce--pretty sweet. Most can take the heat; I imagine be an easy hang for most folks used to your warm cooking. Am really sorry not sent. Forgive me, please.

First, a fam member being sick or having an issue, i.e., say one's mother, brings out the worst and best in everybody in fam. I apologize for not being on here more, but kinda been taking care of my mother or "Mama and her shoulder"--right arm--she can't use it; and cussing out my meddling SIL doctor, because what another doc says, prescribes, diagnoses, prognoses--beyond her realm of practice is just that--beyond her. (Y'all can see that a cat-fight happened :dance: ), and more interesting, my bro, husband to said SIL calls the next day to tell my mother what she "needs" to do. That was early this week. It so did not go over well with Mama. "I love you and lemme tell ya one damn thing, I have lived . . ." but it was exciting, in a mischievous way, for me to hear. I heard her bitch-slap the boy when he was a child. WTF? Did he forget? :rofl:

It's been crazy. My oldest younger brother called and said, "Hey, my wife, da nurse of all nurses, and I, just got into a fight over Mama's shoulder; ya wanna go cat-fishin' tonight?" I said, "But who's gonna stay with Mama?" He said: "My wife for about 10 minutes until Mama runs her off." I bet him that she wouldn't last that long and won the bet. We didn't catch any fish because it was storming, but we still sat on friend's dock in lightening, in ponchos. Talked about how natural electrocution would be an exhilarating way to go. Also, I won the bet before we even sat down. His wife sent him a text that almost ate all of his memory on cell. "I was only trying to help. WHY ARE YOU NOT RESPONDING TO ME?!!!" Hmm. I took out my phone, sent her a response: "Please. We are trying to get killed, in peace; okay?" Whew.

Barrackpore was:

Taste: sweet and REALLY liked it!! Fruity and sweet. Can't figure the fruit but sort of like pear, maybe?
Burn: all over mouth and for some reason got my lips pretty good but that's okay.
More on burn and high: blissfully so (but then I wanted to get hit by lightening FWIW) with the usual: sweating, drooling--tongue numb like post-dentist, but numb on one side more than other (must've chewed more there); lots of snot and tears. More back of throat burn than Madballz but could've been that I ate it too fast (didn't chew thoroughly); however, didn't eat it on empty stomach. No stomach issues. Endorphin rush lasted less time than Madballz but was nice. But then had hour long discussion with my bro on how cool gittin' fritoed by . . . never mind.

Here's a pic of it before de-seeding and just sticking it in my mouth and chewing (Again, thank you, Jamie!):

282701c6-29e0-4ce8-8a42-a77db68600ac_zps3fcb15c0.jpg

Onto some pics and then got to jet back to my mother's. I know how to anticipate what she wants and also allow her to hurt herself if that's what she has to do, to prove she's competent, because I'm not dumb enough to tell her what she needs. However. I did harvest two little Nagas when I took these pics earlier; she ate part of one that I took her, got the nose runs, etc. Said shoulder felt better afterward. :cool:

After one whole DAY without rain, peppers looking better.

Harold St. Barts:

AnnsGlog7-11HaroldsStBarts_zps8b39e6e7.jpg

Don't ask what white stuff is. But the grasshoppers are GONE.

Jamaican Red Hab (Ramon/Walkgood):

AnnsGlog7-11JamaicanRed_zps38fc5568.jpg

Yellow Bouquet (Kevin/Wayright) (said good for power with yellow 7's but might happen with yellow brain):

AnnsGlog7-11YellowBouquet_zpsc0832fe4.jpg

Yellow Brainstrain:

AnnsGlog7-11BrainstrainYellow_zps1fda714f.jpg

Huge Pods! Yellow 7's are just starting. Do not follow, does not compute but they are at least podding.

Yellow Scotch bonnet but we know it is NOT a MoA, not in 2013 for me:

AnnsGlog7-11ScotchBonnetYellow_zps8f6a0347.jpg

They do have little lobes on them. But eh, while not . . . but glad to have them!

Another of Ramon/Walkgood JA Habs:

AnnsGlog7-11JamaicanRedRamon_zpsbf6a1faf.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques that does look like a small fatalii yellow:

AnnsGlog7-11BondaMaJacques_zps344b978d.jpg

Massive Fatalii Yellow poddage:

AnnsGlog7-11FataliiYellow_zps114e6cf8.jpg

Fatalli Red:

AnnsGlog7-11FatalliRed_zps871643ef.jpg

That's 10 and have others. Peace. Thanks for patience. Will have ltop at "the stubborn one's" house.

You're going to have lots of ripe pods soon.

"I heard her bitch-slap the boy when he was a child. WTF? Did he forget?" - We men never learn.

"Please. We are trying to get killed, in peace; okay?" - Ok, I know I shouldn't, but I laughed at that.

"Said shoulder felt better afterward." - Isn't that a little like, "I have a head ache."  "Okay, take this hammer and hit your thumb real hard with it." 

Back