• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

PIC 1 said:
Annie sorry to read about your hardship.......always a difficult and trying time when its family

.I'm sure you have many comforting memories to think back on....

Thanks Greg. Today, better, as I remembered more of the funny or prankster stuff Johnny did! Not much into the formal stuff to follow next couple of days but . . . thanks, hon!

Sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing Annie. I'm not a prayin' man, but I believe that nobody who touches us that deeply ever truly leaves... they still live while we remember, and it sounds like your uncle John left some vivid memories.

Annie,

Nice stories and memories, I know you won't ever forget them. I'm glad you have all those good memories, that in itself is a blessing that many don't get to enjoy...

Remembering is what its about...keep those memories close sista! Be watching your mail around Thursday! I had to sell a bunch of pods so I could hide yours in the group so mama wouldn't ask any questions! Stay strong...

Its a going Ms Anne,and its a :fire: :hot: :fire:   one !

Think'n about mozy'n on over to da Hot Sauce thread,and seeing whats I can learnt!
My plants are finally starting to bud up,so it wont be long before I get to try somin fresh from this years crop(That I didn't grow last year). This is what I get for playing the "boohoo" game, to start 2013. As you know,that game doesn't have a winner(maybe a whiner?LOL). So thank you for showing the rest of us(maybe just me) what real strength is....You have been through a bunch,but you don't need me telling you that! I just really enjoy how passionate you are in everything you do,and wanted to say you thank you for sharing your memories,stories, knowledge, tom foolery,and even a few tears! Thank you very much!!

Keep think'n dem positivohhh vibes

Annie you are a very caring person and I have no doubt you have clout with the big guy and I am very sorry for your loss. Very touching story you tell that reminds me of how our family has gotten along over the years when they were alive. They are sorely missed and from what I read the same on your side but the good thing is that they are in a better place than us with their perfect grows, no bugs, mas fish and endless array of pods, veggies, fruits ect. … … …

stickman said:
Sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing Annie. I'm not a prayin' man, but I believe that nobody who touches us that deeply ever truly leaves... they still live while we remember, and it sounds like your uncle John left some vivid memories.

roper2008 said:
Sorry to hear of you uncle's passing.  Will keep him in my prayers.

Devv said:
Annie,

Nice stories and memories, I know you won't ever forget them. I'm glad you have all those good memories, that in itself is a blessing that many don't get to enjoy...

stc3248 said:
Remembering is what its about...keep those memories close sista! Be watching your mail around Thursday! I had to sell a bunch of pods so I could hide yours in the group so mama wouldn't ask any questions! Stay strong...

Fremp said:
Its a going Ms Anne,and its a :fire: :hot: :fire:   one !

Think'n about mozy'n on over to da Hot Sauce thread,and seeing whats I can learnt!
My plants are finally starting to bud up,so it wont be long before I get to try somin fresh from this years crop(That I didn't grow last year). This is what I get for playing the "boohoo" game, to start 2013. As you know,that game doesn't have a winner(maybe a whiner?LOL). So thank you for showing the rest of us(maybe just me) what real strength is....You have been through a bunch,but you don't need me telling you that! I just really enjoy how passionate you are in everything you do,and wanted to say you thank you for sharing your memories,stories, knowledge, tom foolery,and even a few tears! Thank you very much!!

Keep think'n dem positivohhh vibes

WalkGood said:
Annie you are a very caring person and I have no doubt you have clout with the big guy and I am very sorry for your loss. Very touching story you tell that reminds me of how our family has gotten along over the years when they were alive. They are sorely missed and from what I read the same on your side but the good thing is that they are in a better place than us with their perfect grows, no bugs, mas fish and endless array of pods, veggies, fruits ect. … … …

JJJessee said:
Sorry to hear of Johnny's passing. Sort of like Stickman said, a lot of him still walks in your shoes.
Peace.

Many thanks to all of you! It was . . . the best funeral ever been to. Johnny couldn't leave it without shaking it up some: his dear friend, a black female minister, amazing pianist and singer, rocked that service with joy! We were all just grinning and crying at same time. I sat between my baby bro and his oldest son; went out to eat after and his son says, "No disrespect, but man, that was a really cool funeral! Kinda fun!" Word. Not ironically, the minister talked about Johnny's light remaining in all of us. With that said, off to peppers, and growing. Again, thank you!

annie57 said:
Many thanks to all of you! It was . . . the best funeral ever been to. Johnny couldn't leave it without shaking it up some: his dear friend, a black female minister, amazing pianist and singer, rocked that service with joy! We were all just grinning and crying at same time. I sat between my baby bro and his oldest son; went out to eat after and his son says, "No disrespect, but man, that was a really cool funeral! Kinda fun!" Word. Not ironically, the minister talked about Johnny's light remaining in all of us. With that said, off to peppers, and growing. Again, thank you!
I like your synopsis and hope all da family is fine ...

Again, thank you everybody, on my uncle's passing. Stuff almost back to normal, aside from hanging with my mother some. Just, just to do that.

Received two!! SFRB's in mail today from Shane!! Choc Habs and some nice elongated choc habs, some charapita yellows--been snacking on--whew--that little pepper is packin'! And the following:

Bubble Gum 7:

AnnsGlogShanes8-83_zps94366ed9.jpg

Love the red blood on the stems! :party:

Some Congo Reds:

AnnsGlogShanes8-81_zps3c6d9db8.jpg

And a really nice pepper I hope I can "evolve" into the same strain next year. Shane says the name's not official but calls them NagaReapers. Man, does this pepper have an excellent, sweet, :hot: fruity taste! (I've since labeled it.):

AnnsGlogShanes8-82_zps19ca27e8.jpg

My nagas--harvested a few today--nice to get back in garden for a few minutes--aren't this sweet. Thinking maybe some cranberries and/or pomegranate to ferment with these. Some ginger root maybe or just might keep it simple, standard onion, garlic in ferment.

No pics at moment but will be saving all seed from that gonzo yellow brainstrain. Pods are huge. Got a few more naga today, a few red fatalii and be danged if I can tell what they taste like. Kinda weird. Some red Trinidad MScorps. A couple of Ramon's JA Red Habs, and hark! The Douglah on one plant are turning. Meanwhile, everything but a couple Harold St. Barts, are taking sweet time. An orange thai appears to be turning. Lord only knows on the Datil. And ironically after all this rain, some Black Krim tomatoes have decided to turn. Some butternut squash are ready to come off vines. Just in time for a fermented sauce too; might get mixed with a sweet potato for a Caribbean feel. Never fermented mango, but if it takes away some sweet but leaves flavor of mango, good deal. Or pineapple, dunno. Add a little of the fruits, which couldn't mess it up too badly and then if needed or wanted, add some more after ferment. Fermented thyme?

My mother asked me today if I could make a sauce that wouldn't peel paint off walls. :rolleyes:  I see no reason why a JA Hab couldn't be mixed with some jalapeño and serrano, smoked with some pasilla, more of a straight-up table sauce. Tomatillos . . . fermented cilantro? I know, I know, all this goes in hot sauce making forum but as soon as can get the valet to get my oil changed tomorrow, the maid to go snag some groceries, and the butler on mower, and my assistant to arrive to run down to school and run off copies of syllabi . . . neh; all that can wait: pepper ferments take precedence.

Again, thank you, Shane! Soooooo much!
And Rick, many thanks for PMing me with Yeolmu Mulkimchi and Kakduki recipes! Peace.

You're welcome muchacha! You deserved some good karma! Can't wait to see the sauces...and hear the STORIES! Well...or read the stories, but then again I always put a voice with a profile...so I hear it too. Then when I hear them talk for real it makes it weird??? Anyone else have that issue? Enjoy!!! 

stc3248 said:
You're welcome muchacha! You deserved some good karma! Can't wait to see the sauces...and hear the STORIES! Well...or read the stories, but then again I always put a voice with a profile...so I hear it too. Then when I hear them talk for real it makes it weird??? Anyone else have that issue? Enjoy!!! 

Shane, headed to cousin's now for some of his garlic--boy grows some kickbutt garlics. My accent . . . you've heard of "code switching" right? Welp, mine is strange in Spanish too. I decided to just be from Argentina since Latino clients have asked what part of Argentina am from :rolleyes: . You can call my voice mail :rofl: . (Explain that one on your bill.) That's actually my voice. But if I take the wrong road around 'ezze hyar parts, run up on a still? I go mountain in a fraction of NYC nanosecond. Since even the young guys remember my grandfather, usually gits me outta it.
"Out of what?"
"Gittin' shot."
"You mean that they would kill you?"
"Soonez lookit me."

I go into the same code when talking to freshmen who have enormous difficulty reading a syllabus. Well, half Jewish mother and half-po'ed hillbilly. I try: I have some clips of The Exorcist that I show them from jump to warn them. Then revise to, "You're going to die in here." Looking forward to ferments too! On that note . . . Thank you so much, Shane.

The BG's (thought I'd call it "Stayin' Alive" sauce if it turns out). . . man, superb taste, sweet/fruity smell/taste like a Y7 and HOT! Only went for 1/4th as want to do a sauce after saving some seeds. Ironically, didn't torture my throat as bad as thought it would. :party: 

stickman said:

You're welcome to them Annie, enjoy.

I will, Rick. Since they can take lower temps and less time . . . but my mother mentioned after funeral at lunch (to my brothers) :rolleyes: "Annie made us the best Reuben last spring from her kraut she did last fall." It was the look she gave me. Like "score one for me." And my brothers looked at me like, "And you've not made any more for our dear parents?" Actually, I gave my baby bro a kimchi recipe because he loves it. Maybe he can lay a little lovin' on Ma. My SILs were, "Are there big jars all over the kitchen for this?" I kicked "somebody" in shins. "OW! Uh, not really." Nice lie. Thank you for all, Rick!!! ;)

Master James, as headed out of town to the way organic garlics of choice, went by PO!!! :dance:

Sweet Jamie, THANK YOU!

And, Jamie, identification, pasaporte ;) por favor? I recognize some but when thangs got tails or could be nice twist to same pepper . . .

AnnsGlogJamies8-91_zps2ca42c83.jpg

The upper reds: are those Red Congo "sa'em"? Moving right from top, brain, moruga yellow, doo whu?? Is MDBZ at bottom and a Bih above? Yellow 7's far left? Madballz in middle?

I see some Douglah in next shot:

AnnsGlogJamies8-92_zpsfec8adcf.jpg

Are 2 reds at top same as other reds at top in first pic? Choc Hab--but one at least is not . . .

Thank you, hon!! I reckon I could just wash, dry, blender, start a sauce but could be a nice seed in here, ya know ;) Thank you again, Jamie! :clap:  Homebrew place gonna get more my business for airlocks :onfire: .

Glad they arrived in giood shape girl. Here be what i sent ya :) 

Top plate

8 not douglah's ( thinking maybe scorp douglah cross from shape and taste) 

2 yellow scorps. 3 dorsett nagas, 2 small madballz's, and 3 dorsett nagas. 

Bottom plate
top left
2 more not douglah's. 

top right 
3 brainstrains

mid section dougies and choco habs
2 choc habs
3 douglahs's

bottom

couple barrackpores more ribbed with little baby tail

couple naga crosses( Might be nagaboms) 

Enjoy girlfriend.