• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

Sanarda said:
What a wonderful review.  I am so glad you liked it.  It is one awesome pepper.  Its a grow for me too.  We can thank Denniz for tossing these seeds around.

Thanks and praises then to Denniz! And to you, Pia! Astounding pod.

Devv said:
Nice review Annie

I got a chuckle out of this line.

Enjoy the week!

You enjoy week as well, Scotty. Yeah, every now and then I get that teeth/gum numb and really would love to have one those things, which beats drool drip. :rolleyes:

GA Growhead said:
Long lasting for sure! Twenty minutes of pain is not uncommon with mine.

No doubt, Jason. Got whole lotta fire time. Amazing taste, though! :drooling:

The BG7......
You said:"Brings to mind an old Alice Cooper song. "Only women . . . " (and if ya missed that, ya way too young or lived in cave). Pia just mentioned the West Indies Hab--that thing is killer--does taste like a really warm apple--but more on that later. My endorphin ADD has to stay on point."

...and right after that, Alice tags the follow up that all screamin' 7's are known for.... :fireball:
"NO MORE..MR NICE GUY...!!!!!! :hell:

Annie another sensational read, great review too! Were you asking when you said “pineapple coals?” or inferring possible pineapple taste? If that’s the case it sounds wonderful and would go great in sauces and powder blends, cut back yea I hear ya, ROFLMAO.

Now the bad :/ I have to work with you on some photoging, maybe we can hook up your next trip to FL or via PM’ing but with a little work your pictures will make your reviews kick serious azz all over da net.

Hab a great week muchacha and nice home run \o/

gnslngr said:
The BG7......
You said:"Brings to mind an old Alice Cooper song. "Only women . . . " (and if ya missed that, ya way too young or lived in cave). Pia just mentioned the West Indies Hab--that thing is killer--does taste like a really warm apple--but more on that later. My endorphin ADD has to stay on point."

...and right after that, Alice tags the follow up that all screamin' 7's are known for.... :fireball:
"NO MORE..MR NICE GUY...!!!!!! :hell:

Ah, Dave . . . Seriously, DJ friend of mine followed up a Midol commercial with "Only Women Bleed." :party: Heck, Charlotte news should begin, to "No More Mr. Nice Guy" as they always, smiling announcers, "Four children were axe-murdered this afternoon." Or "Careful with That Axe, Eugene." I can't seem to get the hang of why they always do that on that station, grinning that Botox . . .

WalkGood said:
Annie another sensational read, great review too! Were you asking when you said “pineapple coals?” or inferring possible pineapple taste? If that’s the case it sounds wonderful and would go great in sauces and powder blends, cut back yea I hear ya, ROFLMAO.

Now the bad :/ I have to work with you on some photoging, maybe we can hook up your next trip to FL or via PM’ing but with a little work your pictures will make your reviews kick serious azz all over da net.

Hab a great week muchacha and nice home run \o/

Thank you, mi hermano! Excellent pepper!

On the "photoging" if you can correct macular dystrophy, have at it. :shocked: (I wish! Been there or dxed in 1996.) Not degeneration. Only vision I have great is peripheral, so we can set lens up side-ways? :pray:

romy6 said:
 Great review A money. I was feeling your pain but enjoying it a slight bit more than yourself. Just got some seeds from Denniz and after your review will be germinating some seeds today. No more Mr . Nice Guy  ;)

Aw, you'll always be my sweet Jamie to me :rolleyes:  Grow it painful! :dance:  Denniz via Pia gave great, great pod!!

Such a nice thing for "someone" to deliver yesterday's mail to me. I wondered why had NO mail. Got key back, grrrrrrrr.

Jeff/Bodeen sent some powder to die for, I suspect has his delicious burgundy 7 in! :P

Thank you, Jeff! After FINALLY processing JA Hab ferment today, gonna try some this the right way on something easy like omelet tonight. Again, thank you so much, sweetness :party: :

AnnsGlog10-23JeffBodeenpowder_zpsef907ff0.jpg

annie57 said:
Such a nice thing for "someone" to deliver yesterday's mail to me. I wondered why had NO mail. Got key back, grrrrrrrr.

Jeff/Bodeen sent some powder to die for, I suspect has his delicious burgundy 7 in! :P

Thank you, Jeff! After FINALLY processing JA Hab ferment today, gonna try some this the right way on something easy like omelet tonight. Again, thank you so much, sweetness :party: :

AnnsGlog10-23JeffBodeenpowder_zpsef907ff0.jpg

I hope you enjoy the powders.  I am currently working on my medley blend that I will finish after all the pods either ripen or don't.  Will have more heat than this powder I think, but I am still shooting for flavor over heat.

And yes this has those burgundy pods in it.  It is the dominate pepper in this powder.

I got a box of pepper love from you and posted some questions on pods in my 2013 glog.  Many thanks hun.

GA Growhead said:
Got mine Too! Thanks Annie!
brown 7 x nagas are way cool looking! killer shaped.
You might want check your mail on Saturday. And i got your choc barracks pre-ordered in a dream pre post. ;)

That made me think, besides the orange thai and 7 pots is that yellow lanterns or something?  What did I get :onfire:  :onfire: :onfire:  :party:  

annie57 said:

... Thank you, mi hermano! Excellent pepper!

On the "photoging" if you can correct macular dystrophy, have at it. :shocked: (I wish! Been there or dxed in 1996.) Not degeneration. Only vision I have great is peripheral, so we can set lens up side-ways? :pray:

My bad, I didn’t know you had vision issue of MD, so please accept my apologies muchacha. Only suggestion I would try is when ever you upgrade cam get one with real good AF (auto focus). I’ve found it better to shoot a little further away (inches) which will typically yield a better focus and do the serious zooming in when I edit them. If peripheral is great that would come in handy during the editing phase, good luck with it if you decide to use. Any help I could offer please let me know via pm.

Hab a great week!

Bodeen said:

I hope you enjoy the powders.  I am currently working on my medley blend that I will finish after all the pods either ripen or don't.  Will have more heat than this powder I think, but I am still shooting for flavor over heat.

And yes this has those burgundy pods in it.  It is the dominate pepper in this powder.

I got a box of pepper love from you and posted some questions on pods in my 2013 glog.  Many thanks hun.

I think the heat/flavor is great on these, Jeff! Sometimes hard to get that heat without sacrificing flavor. I'll check your glog to see if you decoded the blend names ;) . Was so tired tonight had pizza delivered and then took me forever to want to chew but these powders gave much inspiration to do so. Thank you!

GA Growhead said:
Got mine Too! Thanks Annie!
brown 7 x nagas are way cool looking! killer shaped.
You might want check your mail on Saturday. And i got your choc barracks pre-ordered in a dream pre post. ;)

I will, I will, Jason!! Man, the idea of choc barrack . . . is but a dream but the reality would be . . . yum!

Sanarda said:

That made me think, besides the orange thai and 7 pots is that yellow lanterns or something?  What did I get :onfire:  :onfire: :onfire:  :party:  

Some Bonda Ma Jacques. Some Aji Limon. Aji Limon go great with Y7's in powder blend. Killer on fish/chicken as rub. Some yellow Brains, YellowTrinidad Perfume, 1 Black Cayman, few 7 Pod Brown x Naga, a TSMoruga Blend Red as I see in pic and down below that's a Yellow Trini Perfume too. I remember you talking about fish/crab/clam/oyster ? seasoning. Those Aji Limon, TPerfume go with all those yellows, B Cayman is small but you said didn't get one turned.
WalkGood said:

My bad, I didn’t know you had vision issue of MD, so please accept my apologies muchacha. Only suggestion I would try is when ever you upgrade cam get one with real good AF (auto focus). I’ve found it better to shoot a little further away (inches) which will typically yield a better focus and do the serious zooming in when I edit them. If peripheral is great that would come in handy during the editing phase, good luck with it if you decide to use. Any help I could offer please let me know via pm.

Hab a great week!

No prob, hon. It's just a thing when looking dead-on. If had bigger lens could go a little side-ways and be fine. But will PM you, because at one time I was a good photographer, more people in action and b&w but . . . I found a work-around to drive, a work-around to read, to write, obviously; thus, there has to be a work-around shooting pics because am fed up with this myself. Ditto that on shooting further and zooming in edit. Lighting has a lot to do with it too, as more light, more cornea gets, more middle of cornea gets. Even if reflected. (I'd made a great pepper seedling! lol) So, thinking about using more white . . . or making a sunbounce. I will PM you though and thank you for the help, mi hermano!

GA Growhead said:
Your avatar is freaking me out Ramon!

No doubt, Jason! Coulrophobia! (I don't have that but avatar is twisted :twisted: :rofl: .)

Might just stay up tonight and let Halloween begin for my kids tomorrow with me as zombie, which shouldn't scare them as surely they know I don't want their brains.

Cleaning up flats, outside before wind picked up. Then went 3-6 houses down, collecting 1020 flats blown all over neighborhood. Same deal for a "few" 4 in. pots. Hmm. Except for what one neighbor's dog chewed to shreds.

Did something risky but got to PO while processed sauce was heating. After walking forever picking up flats and pots because was inside finishing up Cloroxing down grow areas . . .

Then time to make sauce. But while doing that was gonna miss post office, so ran out to do that and . . . :party: :dance: Package from Jamie!!

Seeds, powder and peppers. Seeds are: 7 Pod Chiguana Yellow, Yellow Primo, Burgundy Madballz from Kevin/Wayright, Madballz Romy6/Jamie, Jay’s Peach Ghost Scorpion,Yellow Jonah, 7 Pod Yellow x Chocolate Bhut Jolokia F3, JR/Cmpman/Chris, Brown Moruga from Pepper Lover, Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise x Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate F2 from Jungle Rain :onfire:
Powder is excellent! Need to taste it when not finishing bottling sauce. And going to!

Peppers are: left clockwise to right, MADBALLZ!!!, Sepia Serpent, Birgit Locoto, Peruvian Serlano, some big reds of some sort, White 7 Pod; in middle, a Jonah, Yellow Primo, and Orange Primos: THANK YOU, Jamie!!

AnnsGlog10-23JamieRomy6peppersseedspowder_zpsb74e49a5.jpg

And the Habapiña Sauce: yield 14 woozys and 2 pints. Last fruit-addition sauce making, aside from Fatalii-Apple Butter pork, etc. glaze.

AnnsGlog10-23HabapintildeaSauce_zps087168ac.jpg

Recipe:
1/2 gallon Jamaican Red Hab mash, drained, blendered, run through food mill
roasted fresh 1.5 pineapple with lime, sea salt, brown sugar blended with cognac
roasted tomatillos, white candy onion, garlic blended with white rum
1 inch fresh ginger, minced
1/2 cup pineapple juice to thin
2 Tablespoons lime juice to keep pH down
1 teaspoon toasted, ground cumin seeds
1.5 teaspoon toasted, ground coriander
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon allspice
1 Tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon Sazon Tropical
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blendered all twice after heating. Heated all to 200F. Cooled some sauce in frig, checked pH. (PH 3.6.) Bottled in hot woozys/inverted. Pints, pressure canned as is easier. Verdict so far is that needs more onion. But gonna let my test pint sit and let flavors mingle a week. It is what it is, regardless.

Thanks for looking! Will check others' glogs tomorrow with my new 19-20 year old brains digested. Totally. ;)

GA Growhead said:
Your avatar is freaking me out Ramon!
Den it’s working … it’s Halloween, we should all get in da spirit mon \o/

annie57 said:
Might just stay up tonight and let Halloween begin for my kids tomorrow with me as zombie, which shouldn't scare them as surely they know I don't want their brains. …

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc :D

Whoa dat JA Habapiña sauce looks wicked mon, what a great time to pump it out, Halloween rocks!

Hab a great day!

WalkGood said:
Den it’s working … it’s Halloween, we should all get in da spirit mon \o/

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc :D

Whoa dat JA Habapiña sauce looks wicked mon, what a great time to pump it out, Halloween rocks!

Hab a great day!

Aw . . . this year's gonna be rough. For all the negative, Halloween was the one holiday he loved. Had motion-detector, very sensitive spiders and bats that dropped down on kids (no child too small) on porch, black, purple, orange motion lights set to slow glow, scary jack-o'-lantern's, we liked to carve those and eat roasted pumpkin seeds, had lit skulls lining drive-way, and paid a golfing buddy to jump out of a crepe myrtle tree to scare kids to death. We went to some parties and finally hit the cool 12-step dance one group has every year. Not much in spirit. But trying! Gave the decorations back. Ya know, that seals the deal. :rofl:

Angelica/Morticia sees your " :D," Fester, and raises. :cool:

Wanna do pumpkin sauce with Madballz, quick, maybe 10 day ferment. And have great small, tasty punkin source. "Specialty sauce." lol. JA Hab with all that roasted is weird, fruity but taste of pineapple not coming through yet. Just subdued fruity, which will take. But allowing flavors to mingle. JA Habs so sweet, didn't need sugar other than dab sprinkled on pineapple for roasting.

"Hab a Great Day" be wonderful name for that sauce or a powder: Hab a Great Day too, mi hermano!

Penny said:
Nice looking sauce Annie, well done.....keep the pics coming! ;)

Oh, I will Penny. Thank you for looking and commenting. Last harvest, probably pulling vines and ripening in bags with apples all that are not ripe, this weekend. If weather holds for frost predicted Monday night. Starting on fish/chicken rub blend tonight or deseeding and dehydrating.

Everybody hab'n-have great one!

Back