• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

annie57 said:
...  JA Habs so sweet, didn't need sugar other than dab sprinkled on pineapple for roasting ... ...
I feel da same way, I don't use sugar with the JA Habs, they just seem to be at the right sweetness for me
 »» Foobar2k ::: Byron Lee & the Dragonaires - Soca Engine (1996) - 10 - Weakness for Sweetness ::: 1:32/3:25 (••••••••••) ::: 465 kbps «« [SIZE=12pt]♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪[/SIZE]

Da pumpkin sauce with Madballz sounds good but I think that one will need some sweetness for sure :D

Hab a great one \o/

Penny said:
Pumpkin sauce....now that sounds good Annie!! ;)

With Jamie's Madballz, whew: be warm even in small batch. But really good as I love that crazy MDBZ! And he sent seeds for Kevin/Wayright's burgundy version of it for 2014.

Devv said:
Sauce looks great Annie!

Thanks for posting the recipe too!

Don't eat too many brains!

Zombies don't care for pig brains and scrambled eggs (nor do I, but they tried that mess on me growing up: not); unless the pig's alive, as is the chicken.

Not a problem with recipe! Try it. Tweak it, warp it: Let us create and share together! I'd probably give sauce secrets away if selling. Heck, I told music rag "journalists" chord progressions and virtually wrote out sheet music, for those weird nuances, when asked, for my copyrighted songs, but therein does lie a difference, reckon.

Happy to report after a one day mingle, pineapple is nicely shining through and JA Habs more up front in test batch, or my bottle, than last night. Yay.

WalkGood said:
I feel da same way, I don't use sugar with the JA Habs, they just seem to be at the right sweetness for me
 »» Foobar2k ::: Byron Lee & the Dragonaires - Soca Engine (1996) - 10 - Weakness for Sweetness ::: 1:32/3:25 (••••••••••) ::: 465 kbps «« [SIZE=12pt]♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪[/SIZE]

Da pumpkin sauce with Madballz sounds good but I think that one will need some sweetness for sure :D

Hab a great one \o/

Holy synchro, RAMON! BP and I were talking about doing that song for an upcoming benefit at lunch! Weird! (And de puta madre!) Great minds. :cool: Although we were thinkin' Natalie Burke but then we wondered if that was one she did. lol.

No doubt: that Madballz need some dulce. "Habbin'" brief break in action and glass of tea with lime :D .

Sanarda said:
That sauce looks devine. :drooling:  :drooling: :drooling:  

You on a "certain list," Boo! "An' if it don work out, and if it don work out/then you can tell me 'get f*ed.'/An' you'll have a woozy bottle/to fi-ii-ii-ll." :rofl:

GA Growhead said:
Mad Pumpkin sound good!

Dang, Jason: ya just named the sauce! :party:

Okay, talking with neighbor and don't know why I ask this stuff. She says, "Supposed to get cold Monday." I checked weather on lunch break. :shocked: Not Monday. Try tomorrow night? Booked outta office, swooshed into garden gear when got home. Near dark. Headlamps again. 

So, got 4 5 gallon buckets full and still didn't get everything. But as Scarlett said, "There's always tomorrow." Left 4 outside and the difference in frig would be? Not much, long as get in before warms up tomorrow. But this came in for the chicken/fish powder blend:

Near aerial view: left to right, Yellow Bouquet, Trinidad Perfume, Aji Limon, Yellow CARDI and in middle main event, Yellow 7's, brains, TSMB Yellow, some BMJacques aka what I could grab. 5 gallon bucket full of peppers.

AnnsGlog10-24YellowArialView_zps5202becf.jpg

AL and Trin Perfume:

AnnsGlog10-24AjiLimonTrinidadPerfume_zps979d009a.jpg

Main event of 7's:
AnnsGlog10-24Yellow7YellowBrainTSMBYellowBondaMaJSBonnet_zps8c0ec6c6.jpg

CARDI and yellow bouquet (some CARDI still in bucket):

AnnsGlog10-24YellowCARDIYellowBouquet_zps647673d8.jpg

And then they went:

AnnsGlog10-24AjiDehydrator_zps4a0a9f5c.jpg

AnnsGlog10-24TrinidadPerfumedehydrator_zpsa6c9994e.jpg

AnnsGlog10-24YellowCARDIdehydrator_zps32b6b582.jpg

And these will have to wait until 7 trays dry, the "mains" deseeded, bagged:

AnnsGlog10-24MainActYellowSeededandbagged_zpsc6b61bd4.jpg

Just 3 more buckets--still some in garden--could be a brief freezer stint for everything before smoking to add to ferments remaining to process, and to smoke'n dry for some darker meat rub . . . Trust not thy neighbor as thyself. smh

Dont piss the pumpkin off till the other madballz get there. ;) He won't be "mad" enough without them.
Slight frost chance tonight and seriously cold tomorrow night. I am digging up the rest of the over winter candidates tomorrow and picking any ripe looking pods with them. After this blows thur, looks like it will warm back up for a bit though. Forecast is 32°F, and it's always a few colder when I'm at, so I'm looking at some possible damage.
Had the brown7 x naga cross today with lunch. Nice flavor and all over mouth burn. Will have to see if I can figure out more info on when and what (F1 cross?), via search. Will be cool to see what grow out next season from them.
Stay warm tonight!

GA Growhead said:
Dont piss the pumpkin off till the other madballz get there. ;) He won't be "mad" enough without them.
Slight frost chance tonight and seriously cold tomorrow night. I am digging up the rest of the over winter candidates tomorrow and picking any ripe looking pods with them. After this blows thur, looks like it will warm back up for a bit though. Forecast is 32°F, and it's always a few colder when I'm at, so I'm looking at some possible damage.
Had the brown7 x naga cross today with lunch. Nice flavor and all over mouth burn. Will have to see if I can figure out more info on when and what (F1 cross?), via search. Will be cool to see what grow out next season from them.
Stay warm tonight!

Yeah, Jason: see my post above. Earlier this week, talking to neighbor. "You got time. Not getting cold until Monday." Wrong and my bad for not checking it . . . until lunch today. Freaked out.

Wait . . . you said other Madballz??!!! "And the great pumpkin shall wait to rise over the great punkin patch . . ." :party: Thank you!

Yeah, like that 7 Pod Brown x Naga for a lasting warm. Lip vibrator, lol. It made my stomach almost cramp once--and they ripen pretty early in season. X makes 7 Pod Brown edible. Collected a lot of them this afternoon/night? Surely was not expecting this cold front because like moron, not checking. Jamie sent seeds in December. No clue where he got them but glad you liked it okay!

Penny said:
Nice haul again Annie!! Make some awesome sauces with that!!

Penny, have two more 1/2 gallon ferments/mashes ready to process. 1. A naga/Tabasco/jal for a warmer version of Tab/Sriracha type sauce for red meat injection or just for food, whatever sauce. Smoking some Tabs to go with it, aka "chipotle Tab." lol. And 2. another 1/2 gallon smoked Douglah, 7 Pod Brown x Naga, choc habs, jals, fresno, serrano, way back when; added some fresh ripe jals for sweetness and mellowing of the ugh, Douglah to make it palatable and ferments do that. Adding few 7 Pod Brown x Naga, Poblano, Pasilla, Guajillo, red jals and serrano tampequino, smoked, to that sauce to make a beef/steak sauce and can get a Tex-MeXXX sauce out of it: not for the timid. Plus, since Jason is sending Madballz, might have enough for small ferment to send a couple of select woozys for Christmas--to those who sent Madballz. And Fatalii Apple Butter pork glaze, since am out and friends cleaned me on that one last year. Not too hot but great glaze. (Thanks Rocketman/Bill for idea.)

OH and have to go snag some red Cayenne for ristras and collect rest of regular bell-family to whack and freeze for winter use. (Thanks for reminding me, lol, and this all has to get down before tonight, yeah. Frost expected.) Frozen pods might go for harissa later own. Roast'n go. Didn't expect frost so soon, so doing meat/fish rub type blends.

And also want to send SFRB Orange Thai today, maybe some 7 Pod Brown x Naga. Hmm. That might have to wait until Monday?

So, working on powders for chicken/fish rub blends with those yellows. After those dehydrate, begin the red meat rub blends dehydration. Right now, damnit, having coffee. :dance:

How's weather there? Visited friends who went to Mac--met them in Valencia, Spain. Jr. Year at UValenica. Took a long trip--in winter--to Wasaga Beach, Georgian Bay. Even with snow and cold, or esp. with, was gorgeous! Had not known better could sworn was an ocean: stunning. Friend's parents had cabin up there near water, really, really "postcard." Imagine has been developed a good deal since then: everything has. Have a good day and thanks for looking!

Forgot to mention the brown7 cross had my mouth nice and warm so about a hour. Really cool pod.
Whoops, spoiled the surprise!Some other goodies that your aren't expecting in that box. Ha! Now I got you wondering.
Happy Friday!

GA Growhead said:
Forgot to mention the brown7 cross had my mouth nice and warm so about a hour. Really cool pod.
Whoops, spoiled the surprise!Some other goodies that your aren't expecting in that box. Ha! Now I got you wondering.
Happy Friday!

Jason, I got the box . . . just now. When I took a break from the other 2 5 gallon buckets, deseeding for smokes for sauces and drying, and my back said, "Eff it; gotta break." This was after trying one of Jamie's delicious White 7's and I see you did not disappoint! Thank you! Madballz! And found the Brown Eggs--those are brown eggs?--I bit off bottom of one and unless that's the sneakiest brown 7 X in world, what a lovely taste! Will probably be tomorrow before I post pics, as I still gotta go snag Tabs--just pulling plants and hanging--along with fatalii plants and hanging them. Might cover 'em with something. (Might not. Cold this morning didn't dent a thing.) Thank you :party: and will post some pics, questions and comments on Jamie's box, Pia's, but you seriously think am eating that Infinity? Like Jamie seriously thinks am eating that Sepia? After deseeding a ton of 7 Pod Brown x Naga? While down in basement dehydrator is running? Open window? Cold out there. (And after a little sweat from White 7, really cold! lol Actually, already tried the Sepia and am going  to KILL Sweet Jamie--I say I won't do it but I do: your last Infinities nearly murdered my stomach but recovering from Sepia, need to go to store, get Maalox.)

Thank you hon! Have comments like on Pia's W. Indies, and Hurrikan, that delicious Peruvian Serlano that Jamie sent (where has it been all my life?) but right now, just want to get warm and pretend that half table of peppers is still not over there. And by golly every brown 7 has generally ripped my guts up. As if that Sepia Serpent :shocked: . . . whew.

Sanarda said:
Aahahahahaaaaaaa. Too funny. A woozie to fill. Ahahahahaaaa

Don't get so excited, Boo. I wrote, "woozy" not "floozy." You're safe until ya husband comes home :rofl: (Pia, if I didn't love ya girl, I'd not mess with ya!)

romy6 said:
Annie I received the naga x 7 brown from Jon ( megahot). Not sure where he got them from. I will try to pm him and get a definitive answer my lady  :party:

Awesome harvest. 4 5 gallon buckets. That is stunning girl  :fireball:

JAMES . . . why didn't you warn me about that gd**$#@m Sepia Serpent? Outta Maalox and hate milk, but drank it. A quart with a lot of prayer; would have sung hymns if had been able to speak. No "got milk" jokes. Huntuh. Just kidding wid ya. :D My stupidity for checking on dehydrator at 2 am and eating half of the thing. I mean, looked in frig and it called to me.  :rolleyes:  No gloves, nah, just bit into it. Like who'd do that with some brown version of a brain (if one had a brain) at 2 in morning? It wasn't the heat but my stomach . . . :shocked: I survived. Twice. :rofl: While ya looking for origins of 7P Brown x Naga, from whence did the SS come?

Really, thank you, Jamie for introducing me to levels of my idiocy I didn't know I had! :dance:

Brown egg are c. chinense, but taste otherwise. Low heat. Have heard people describe it from raspberry to watermelon. I get red bell mixed with apple and watermelon. Prefect for adding to salads. A very interesting one. Glad you got it already. You gotta do a review and compare on the two whites for me. I found them pretty much identical.
Don't remember what else I threw in. I had set some pods aside for you and couldn't find them when i was packing the box, pods everywhere! but.... Found them the other day though. So you didn't get everything i intended. Looks like they can go to Pia now! Just got her address. muuhaha!
Got Pia's box just now.... Thanks Pia!
Come on now.... you know you want to pop a few infinities and chew them up good. ;)

That's amazing that you've been to my neck of the woods Annie!! You're right though that you probably wouldn't recognize it now, how long ago was it that you were here?

A lot of people are amazed by the size of Georgian Bay, its large and its also huge tourist destination, always busy up here.

I'm on my phone, so I can't quote. Floozy as it be, that shit was funny. Aahahaa. I'm a poet and I know it :) ! You can mess wit me. I'm not sensitive and it would probably go over my head anyway. I'm a dim witted Saggitarius so it's all good my Boo. Muahh

@ Muchacha love dat sync, I was working on my telepathy ;) Both Byron Lee and David Rudder are two of my favorite English speaking bands from da Caribbean. Too many bands to list from da Español list …

romy6 said:
Sepia serpent. From silver Surfer . douglah X choc scorp=  pure pain  :fireball:
Dat my friend was a great tasting pepper, I enjoyed da serpent over da Madballz but once cooked they were all great! Not sure if the serpent being more ripe made that difference but the Madballz was on the side of acidic for my palette ...

Hab a great weekend all ^_^

Back