• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

Wow, had two pages to "ketchup" on... lots goin' on here Miz Annie! You'd be amazed (or maybe not) to find that most Chinense seem to be OK with close to freezing temperatures. It's gotten down to as low as 30 degrees here with them taking no harm. The pods don't ripen at those temps, but the plants keep chugging along. Early this morning it was 24 degrees here, and that's all she wrote I think. We'll see if the Red Rocoto and Omnicolor survived, but I'm sure the rest will die. No complaints though... it's been a productive season. Good luck with the rest of yours!

Annie your  pepper garden was HUGE success......................I remember when the seedlings were stretching for light...... :)
Big time harvests, and look at that JA hab sauce....I bet Ramon was proud to see that one processes....such a great tasting/ versatile pepper.
I hope you have fun through the holidays with the sauce making and other processes you're involved in...

Grow on...

Devv said:
Wow 20gals of peppers?

Nice haul Annie!

And the peppers look great too!

Have a great weekend and don't work too hard!

Hey, darlin,' Scott. How's your knee? What did the doctor say? (I know you didn't go. I hate them too.) Didn't check your glog yesterday but no mention of doc on Thursday. Yes, docs suck but so does torn patella meniscus. Dunno about you, but as we get older, gradoux hurts, so we blow it off, since a lot hurts.

Them haul's is haulin' me. Just crunched across the frost--first one--and while the plants are kaput except for manzanos--weird--those Tabs and fatalii are better on vine than woulda been in buckets or hung. Fruit's fine; plants dunno. Could recover. lol I'm ready to pull 'em and just process. God bless Texas! I miss sustained warm. Sunburn end of January . . . ahhhaaa. Really, we were lying in sun, drinking SBs, a lot of, planning a friend's b-day party and ahhaaaaaaa; I got a nice tan.

If knee's not much much better . . . ya s-mother off stump, now. ;)

GA Growhead said:
Brown egg are c. chinense, but taste otherwise. Low heat. Have heard people describe it from raspberry to watermelon. I get red bell mixed with apple and watermelon. Prefect for adding to salads. A very interesting one. Glad you got it already. You gotta do a review and compare on the two whites for me. I found them pretty much identical.
Don't remember what else I threw in. I had set some pods aside for you and couldn't find them when i was packing the box, pods everywhere! but.... Found them the other day though. So you didn't get everything i intended. Looks like they can go to Pia now! Just got her address. muuhaha!
Got Pia's box just now.... Thanks Pia!
Come on now.... you know you want to pop a few infinities and chew them up good. ;)

Brown egg are just good! No, not much heat. Seeds saved and they went into Madballz ferment. Man, I'd add strawberry to the descriptors on yours. Had to stop myself as was downstairs, saving seeds, with that blasted dehydrator smelling it up, loaded with yellow 7's, brains, TSMB's, pungent. Sweetness of BEgg was taking dehydrator "taste" out of mouth.

"Don't remember what else I threw in." You labeled some and ya know, looks like you sent more than a couple Infinities. :rolleyes:

White 7's hopefully reviewed today. Maybe a Choc Barackpore--the label says that along with writing I don't understand but want to taste it. "Infinity can wait." Maybe will just save seeds and hit another of Jamie's SS, the Jonah he sent, your Infinities, and that 007 as I have a gallon of Maalox, now aka several bottles. Then, a Douglah will taste like bread. Of course, everything will taste like bread. Pics to come.

Penny said:
That's amazing that you've been to my neck of the woods Annie!! You're right though that you probably wouldn't recognize it now, how long ago was it that you were here?

A lot of people are amazed by the size of Georgian Bay, its large and its also huge tourist destination, always busy up here.

1979 Christmas break my senior year in college. Had psych proff talking about non-trad holidays. So, since my parents were livid that I spent a junior year in Spain and not taking Ed courses, and etc. Time for me to wish them "Merry" and head north. Had chemist buddies at Chapel Hill and knew some local "growers." Had times been as they are now, I'd still be in your country. Behind bars but . . . didn't pull that on re-entry; left most of Ontario folks with great buzz.

So, so beautiful, the area in which you live. If not for cold, I'd apply to Mac to teach and make the move if they'd consider me; they're on ball with EVERY disciple having Postcolonial slant. I mean, Math? Smart. (USA might get there in 50 years.) Since my concentration's Postcol Eng/Caribbean Lit. But the "chill" is . . . then again, it could be bearable with HUGE nurseries and land. To my knowledge, Cross Country Nurseries in N.J. is biggest "buy pepper plant site" in States. Dear friend teaches at uni in Montreal. I love that town!

Sanarda said:
I'm on my phone, so I can't quote. Floozy as it be, that shit was funny. Aahahaa. I'm a poet and I know it :) ! You can mess wit me. I'm not sensitive and it would probably go over my head anyway. I'm a dim witted Saggitarius so it's all good my Boo. Muahh

"I'm not sensitive" (kinda figured and that's a good thing! Not here either; now let us change the population in this hypersensitive yen half of country: my vote is free Botox injections so many chicks can't say much and they wear a permanent smile. Freakin' permanent 12 year olds, smdh) but this is b.s. and you know it: "and it would probably go over my head anyway." Easy on Sagg! I got about 8 planets there. And they just won't move out.  :rolleyes: 

As Jim Morrison said, "I'm a Sagittarius, the most philosophical of the signs." Some idiot chick in audience screams, "ME TOO!" Then, Jim says, "But I don't believe in it. S'all a bunch of bullshit."  Enjoy your package from Jason, Boo. And I quote, "Muahh."

romy6 said:
Sepia serpent. From silver Surfer . douglah X choc scorp=  pure pain  :fireball:

Pure pain? Really, sweet Jamie? I mean, really? :rolleyes:

WalkGood said:
@ Muchacha love dat sync, I was working on my telepathy ;) Both Byron Lee and David Rudder are two of my favorite English speaking bands from da Caribbean. Too many bands to list from da Español list …

Dat my friend was a great tasting pepper, I enjoyed da serpent over da Madballz but once cooked they were all great! Not sure if the serpent being more ripe made that difference but the Madballz was on the side of acidic for my palette ...

Hab a great weekend all ^_^

"Wine Yuh Waist" was first song I learned warped merengue en Charamicos. Love him! Shakira (before she went blonde, States and dumbed-down) "Ojos Asi" was fun, translated in dance from Southern Spain/Morocco to El Caribe.

I have no comment on SS; my stomach has PTSD flashbacks. A cada uno lo suyo, no? ;)

Tens bon cap de setmana! (Passing that along from Valenciano ex-pat now living in Barcelona. Skypin' with buddy, I sit there and go, "  :banghead: " )

For some pics . . .

1. Madballz Jamie:

AnnsGlog10-26JamieMadballz_zpse9425ca1.jpg

2. Madballz Jason:

AnnsGlog10-26JasonMadballz_zpsab723068.jpg

3. Brown Eggs, Jason (sent 3):
AnnsGlog10-26JasonBrownEgg_zps9efd16c0.jpg

4. What is this pepper, Jason, as it is unnamed but seeds saved and delicious!

AnnsGlog10-26Jasonunknownpepper_zps69eb0f88.jpg

AnnsGlog10-26Jasonunknownpepper2_zpsf814a7ff.jpg

6. Jason's Infinities in delicate/elegant wrapping:

AnnsGlog10-26JasonInfinity_zps138b68e7.jpg

7. Jason's Chocolate Barrackpore?? (All?)

AnnsGlog10-26ChocolateBarrackporereal_zpsdedba167.jpg

Jason also sent some BG7 strains. Some look like the bleed happened and 2 others, not so much. Nice!

8. Family shot with some white 7 P's want to try later with Jamie's White 7's (already had sneak-bite of his) and all those reds, aside from 007's and Trin Sweets, look and feel a LOT like Infinities, Jason? :lol: :

AnnsGlog10-26JasonAssortmentwithWhite7_zpsa5446423.jpg

Madballz quart ferment (should have seeded and put Trini Sweets in here)

Ingredients of mash: Caldwell's, salt, some starter remaining from Bonnet ferment, carrots, raisins, sweet potato, onion, garlic, Madballz, P. Serlano from Jamie, Brown Eggs and unknown tasty brown missile from Jason, Black Naga remaining from Pia's, Hurrikan, Pia, Yellow bhut x primo, Pia, Trini Perfume and 1 jalapeño, me. Smells good and sitting with it's "to process" with buddy:

AnnsGlog10-26JamieMadballzferment_zps48644b71.jpg

And first round dried Aji Limon, CARDI and T. Perfumes/ 1/2 gallon and quart:

AnnsGlog10-26AjiLimonTriniPerfumeCARDIdried_zpsb915ee48.jpg

See? Followed Ramon's advice, shot further away, better pics, but messed up last one.

Can't bring myself to pull those bags and bags, some deseeded, some not, as in "half 'em and heck with 'em," outta frig--my grinder pulverizes seed; may send some stuff out Monday. Nor the upright freezer as might smoke them tomorrow for that Tex-MeXX ferment if ready to process it :rofl: Probably just gonna pick Tabs and freeze 2 gallon bag of those. Some smoked to go with Tab ferment, some smoked to dry with red meat powder . . .

Have a good one and JASON, darlink? What was that black missile you sent? It was so good!!!

That was a Ga black. Seeds from Peter at semillas.de. His site says he got seeds from here in Ga, so of course, I had to bring some back home. They dry easily whole and make tasty powder.
The peach pods are a PI-441598 cross, interesting taste, not like other peach pods. Should have been 5 or so infinitys, so the loose ones must have fell out. And in part of an isolation bag, how fru fru of me. ;) Two bubblegums with not correct calyces and two with. That orange is a BOC. The TS sweets. And both choc barrackpore phenos. I like #2 for taste and shape, but #1 produces more true to shape pods. Peruvian white habs too.
Will add strawberry! Someone who doesn't like peppers could eat those on a salad and think fruit the whole time. It puts out multiple pods per node, really be c. chinense, but taste wouldn't let on to that at all. The unmarked brown are sepia serpents. Mine weren't that hot, at least not brutal like my choc scorps. Shouldn't wipe you out.
My garden looked very sad earlier. About to go see if things look any happier. Maybe pull the overwinter guys back out for some light. Hope your good!
Ferment mix sounds delicious!

stickman said:
Wow, had two pages to "ketchup" on... lots goin' on here Miz Annie! You'd be amazed (or maybe not) to find that most Chinense seem to be OK with close to freezing temperatures. It's gotten down to as low as 30 degrees here with them taking no harm. The pods don't ripen at those temps, but the plants keep chugging along. Early this morning it was 24 degrees here, and that's all she wrote I think. We'll see if the Red Rocoto and Omnicolor survived, but I'm sure the rest will die. No complaints though... it's been a productive season. Good luck with the rest of yours!

Rick, hon, was almost hoping they'd die but just looked and from droop to nearly perky! (Worn out yesterday. Fell asleep on sofa, woke up cold, went to bed, slept until 8:30. No alarm, no care, unlike me but . . .) It's also supposed to warm back up here. Back to night temps in upper 40's and some upper 50's for next week. But not putting off the Tab pluck . . . then again . . . :P

PIC 1 said:
Annie your  pepper garden was HUGE success......................I remember when the seedlings were stretching for light...... :)
Big time harvests, and look at that JA hab sauce....I bet Ramon was proud to see that one processes....such a great tasting/ versatile pepper.
I hope you have fun through the holidays with the sauce making and other processes you're involved in...

Grow on...

Thank you, Greg! Thank you for all of your help this season! That success is uh, hmm, working me at moment. But good thing!

Learned a lot. Like, don't over-water, have some heat at bottom, lots of fans once seedlings emerge, light, and ya can't mess it up. Well, ya I can COOK the seeds, without thermostat if MAKING SURE those heat mats are working really, really well, if insulating etc.  :rolleyes:  And learned that if kept at steady temp of 90-95, drop it, change it, sometimes, the change will make them pop, but once they are popped, don't over-water/over-feed, keep pH of soil decent range, and with some "wind," they grow. Pot up.

How's your knee? What did the doctor say? (I know you didn't go. I hate them too.) Didn't check your glog yesterday but no mention of doc on Thursday. Yes, docs suck but so does torn patella meniscus. Dunno about you, but as we get older, gradoux hurts, so we blow it off, since a lot hurts.

LOL, right you are, no doctors. I only go when half dead from flu or something. Run ya through a bunch of X-rays, MRI, and then write a script for anti-inflammatory meds..and say take it easy..and yes the older we get the more it hurts, but better than the alternative.
And one gets used to it (pains)...got to, cuz it's not going away..

I see you're having fun with all of the peppers, can't beat that!

Powders, mashes, sauces, you're one busy lady!

Gonna have to do a pumpkin mash next, still waiting for some serious active from the ferments I started ;)

Gotta call from the Superintendent this morning, seems someone robbed and then burned down the DAEP campus. DAEP is the next step up from in school suspension.

Enjoy the weekend!

That was a Ga black. Seeds from Peter at semillas.de. His site says he got seeds from here in Ga, so of course, I had to bring some back home. They dry easily whole and make tasty powder.
The peach pods are a PI-441598 cross, interesting taste, not like other peach pods. Should have been 5 or so infinitys, so the loose ones must have fell out. And in part of an isolation bag, how fru fru of me. ;) Two bubblegums with not correct calyces and two with. That orange is a BOC. The TS sweets. And both choc barrackpore phenos. I like #2 for taste and shape, but #1 produces more true to shape pods. Peruvian white habs too.
Will add strawberry! Someone who doesn't like peppers could eat those on a salad and think fruit the whole time. It puts out multiple pods per node, really be c. chinense, but taste wouldn't let on to that at all. The unmarked brown are sepia serpents. Mine weren't that hot, at least not brutal like my choc scorps. Shouldn't wipe you out.
My garden looked very sad earlier. About to go see if things look any happier. Maybe pull the overwinter guys back out for some light. Hope your good!
Ferment mix sounds delicious!

I see that from his website about the Georgia Black. Need to alert FL about the Datil ;) . At least this grew well in your part of GA, great taste! Ah ha: 5 or so Infinitys and l love the fru-fru bag! (So did my youngest cat. An ocicat "blend" with a lot of dog-like in him. I left the peppers out on table last night--they've he's never messed with a pepper not after the first, which I let them, do, play a little soccer, then clean; after that, they never touch "those things" again. But, the "fru fru" bag was too much for him, apparently. He woke me up this morning, all 22 lbs. of him, SCR-eaming. Led me directly to the Infinity w/tiny puncture as though that thing was the enemy I needed to kill, and then, to his cat upchuck in floor. So, gave idiot some milk and cleaned up. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Oh, another BOC! :dance: Ah Luthy, you spect Charlie Brown to kick that Sepia Serpent ball. Might. But have Maalox now. But not happening at 2 am. Again, thank you Jason! And I hope your garden looks less sad than it might have this morning. :pray:

LOL, right you are, no doctors. I only go when half dead from flu or something. Run ya through a bunch of X-rays, MRI, and then write a script for anti-inflammatory meds..and say take it easy..and yes the older we get the more it hurts, but better than the alternative.
And one gets used to it (pains)...got to, cuz it's not going away..

I see you're having fun with all of the peppers, can't beat that!

Powders, mashes, sauces, you're one busy lady!

Gonna have to do a pumpkin mash next, still waiting for some serious active from the ferments I started ;)

Gotta call from the Superintendent this morning, seems someone robbed and then burned down the DAEP campus. DAEP is the next step up from in school suspension.

Enjoy the weekend!

Yep, completely understand the doc issue.

Oh yeah, Caldwell's can take some time, depending on sugars and warmth. Caldwell's isn't supposed to be effected by warmth but that makes no sense to me, since all probiotics are. Have that Madballz jar sitting in aluminum pie pan on heat mat since it turned chilly here. Got few bubbles in airlock, which is about right. Besides, I'd prefer to not to have air-locks fouling because of some too active ferment like did that SBonnet.

Robbed and burned? Wow. Around here, they just burn or kinda blow-up alternative schools. Not sure some POB in Raleigh's not doing it to either prove public ed fails or to get funding to build new schools, since they never catch anybody. But am sorry that happened. From what I've seen in NC, county alt schools are, or were, great places to score drugs, have uninhibited sex, etc. One near house but those kids seem to be pretty decently behaved, so they must've put some weight on supers and faculty, recently, to be . . . more disciplinarian? (Or could be me sitting on front porch first day of school--got several old rifles and a red letter Winchester .410 that my grandfather gave me. Nice to just sit outside and clean guns as kids walk home from school.)

You have a good one too, Scotty! 

annie57 said:
… See? Followed Ramon's advice, shot further away, better pics, but messed up last one. …  

Annie I see a huge improvement and I think you can you can even make them better. First off I want to apologize for saying anything negative, but I hope you know dat I said it with pepper love, as I did not want to come off like an azzz. Plus I know my own pictures can use improvements as well but I know from what you do that you can make dem better. I have another tip you might want to try, pm me when you get a chance.

I hope you hab an awesome Sunday ^_^

Haha...I looked at your title and thought I would come over here and find picks of an ole whisky barrel full of peppers fermenting...I though damn...she's going large scale chemical attack!!!

Nice pulls and nicer care packages lady...how's your weather holding up?

That's awesome that you would think of moving here, if not for the cold, you'd love it here!!

My oldest daughters best friend just graduated after 4 years at Mac, going through to be a Doctor, and now she's gone to York University. My daughter goes to Laurier University, near Mac Master, after 3 years of College, still has 1 year left after this.

Keep the pics coming, I love seeing what your growing ,especially since this is all relatively new to me.

You're having a pretty magnificent wrap up to your season, Annie.  I've got a lot of pods out there to pull, but I don't think I'll get 20 gallons.  How many plants did you wind up with?

WalkGood said:

Annie I see a huge improvement and I think you can you can even make them better. First off I want to apologize for saying anything negative, but I hope you know dat I said it with pepper love, as I did not want to come off like an azzz. Plus I know my own pictures can use improvements as well but I know from what you do that you can make dem better. I have another tip you might want to try, pm me when you get a chance.

I hope you hab an awesome Sunday ^_^

You don't come off like an azz, mi amor! If I couldn't learn, even with a vision "different-ability," they might as well light the bonfire on beach and have a picnic. (But I'll never, gratefully, be compared to Percy Bysshe Shelley, the idiot, although I do like The Cenci; Lord Byron chronicled Shelley's death, and it's hilarious. "Drunk, as was rare event, he went sailing in a storm and drowned off-shore. Brought his body back, built funeral pyre on beach, and to celebrate his stupidity, poured more wine on his flames, as we ate roasted quail flavored by his truly [and the wine], than he had consumed in his entire life.) I love it when I get to teach Late Brit Romantics. Kids think they're wild today? :rofl:

Point is, willing to learn (or might as well be dead) and will PM you as soon as get breathing room! Thank you for offering to help more than you already have!

stc3248 said:
Haha...I looked at your title and thought I would come over here and find picks of an ole whisky barrel full of peppers fermenting...I though damn...she's going large scale chemical attack!!!

Nice pulls and nicer care packages lady...how's your weather holding up?

Damnit, Shane! Gonna bring feds down on me! :shh: (Title was a ruse, now ya busted that. Thanks, man. ;) )

Weather's fine now; plants dead from that one frost--yes, still gotta clean-up garden, but no pod was left behind (and my program worked). If I can get these blasted Douglah, 7 Pod Brown x Naga, Tabs, some Poblano, pasilla, jals'n serrano smoked before dehydrator. Looks like weather lied for today. Also gotta smoke up some Naga and Tabs to add to Tab ferment and choc Douglah, 7PB x N etc for the "not nice" version of Tex-MeXX and some milder ones to add to "nice" version for a meat sauce. I ain't puttin' on no nitrile gloves today. Hell, went to bed last night and something was wrong: I still had on gloves from maneuvering Naga around in the dehydrator.

I didn't send you pods, Shane (since you had massive amounts) but do have "stuff" to send. "Ho-Ho-Ho!"

Penny said:
That's awesome that you would think of moving here, if not for the cold, you'd love it here!!

My oldest daughters best friend just graduated after 4 years at Mac, going through to be a Doctor, and now she's gone to York University. My daughter goes to Laurier University, near Mac Master, after 3 years of College, still has 1 year left after this.

Keep the pics coming, I love seeing what your growing ,especially since this is all relatively new to me.

Well, I could handle the cold if I could grow peppers, run (and play original music; in this area 2 outta 3 ain't bad but no cigar)! Lived in Manhattan over several winters: to jog, wear cold gear, simple. Music was set up and bought peppers in Spanish Harlem. Now, you go find us 30 acres of land for nurseries, and we can beat out the Aussies for plant and seed sells. :party: (And you just mentioned a few unis better than the Ivys in States. Congrats to daughter's best friend!)

A good friend works as translator or something, they keep shifting her around, but senior aid to senator from ON in Parliament. Another friend, alum from Mac and Princeton, teaches at Princeton. Her dad retired as Physics proff at Mac. When I advise students wanting to go to grad school, I suggest that they do an extra year at Mac and then decide. (The few who have never came back!) Work on getting that land, woman! I write a mean grant. :dance: :P

Sawyer said:
You're having a pretty magnificent wrap up to your season, Annie.  I've got a lot of pods out there to pull, but I don't think I'll get 20 gallons.  How many plants did you wind up with?

ArksawJohn! "Pretty magnificent's" about to kill me! :P But better than the alternative. Am gonna visit glogs today unless it rains, which was not forecast. Plants are still in garden, podless. I got everything before frost. "How many plants?" A bunch. I had a dream last night that Valencia's City of Arts and Sciences, not there when I was there, allowed me as much ground space outside as wanted with nurseries. I was so grateful to the Ciutat! And that's why they call them, dreams.

You said "when you advise students", I'm assuming that your are/or were a teacher/professor? After 3 years of College and now year 2 of University, with 1 year left, if not more, I feel a ATM machine. Thankfully my husband has his own business, so its not so bad.

Funny you mentioned getting some land, we are thinking about that actually, moving his shop to a spot that already has a house, and renting ours out. Hate being in town and zero privacy!! We'll see.

Reviews: Jamie's and Jason's White 7 Pot and Jason's Choc Barracks:

White 7 Pod Jamie and Jason: Contrasts (comparisons are competitive IMHO esp. when it comes to that which one does w/love)

Both pods: Jason's on left and Jamie's on right

AnnsGlog10-28JamieandJasonWhite7P1_zps440a2cc8.jpg

First off, they're white enough for me. Not as white as white bhut, not going to be mistaken for a yellow or peach: white enough. Cream. Jason's is larger because it was grown in-ground, assuming, while Jamie's grown in pot, assuming.

Cut open:

AnnsGlog10-28JamieandJasonWhite7P2_zps8cb4282c.jpg

Deseeded and eating tasting:

AnnsGlog10-28JamieandJasonWhite7P3_zps690d6789.jpg

Texture: Both J & J pods, nice and firm. "Plastic-y." Smooth. :rolleyes:  Also, pod is thick-skinned for a 7. Not a lot of oil.
Seed count: high on both
Smell: weird, initially. Chemical 7?
Taste/Smell: This is where 7 Yellow smell almost kicks in, but that's only close contrast but not as strong as Y7. Both were sweet, fruity, but Jamie's was like eating a pear. Really sweet. Jason's was not as sweet with more of a cucumber/apple taste. Not super heavy 7P taste on Jamie's. But more of that on Jason's. Both were delicious in different ways.
Heat: 5 of 10, maybe. Jason's a touch hotter. Both were hot enough, good all-over mouth burn, lip hit, no big throat attack, but then the Sepia Serpent, via Jamie, altered buds. I think Jason's wanted to go at back of throat more but never went there hard.
Summary: Even though this is not a stable hybrid, got to grow this in 2014! Man, make a killer white sauce or powder with dried pear, garlic, salt, some ginger. And if the taste stays in existential crisis, could add other spices.

Jason sent two Chocolate Barrackpore:

One he had labeled #1 and 2nd he had labeled H2.

Pic of outside of pod #1:

AnnsGlog10-28JasonChocBarrack1_zpsc948e036.jpg

Inside of pod #1:

AnnsGlog10-28JasonChocBarrack2_zps904bbf3e.jpg

Bite of #1:

AnnsGlog10-28JasonChocBarrack3_zps1245751d.jpg

And uh, bite of inside H2:

AnnsGlog10-28JasonChocBarrack4_zpsf53aa5ed.jpg

I think pictures speak: I launched into H2!

Texture: Both pods, were firm but the H2 was more ripe and far more choc/burgundy in placenta. (I hung with that thought after tasting,)
Seed count: high on both, lots of thick placenta but #1 had more strains of yellow in it, while again inside of H2 was darker.
Smell: Heavy 7 with for some reason, lol, hint of JA hab coming from somewhere and I'd already dried all those seeds.
Taste/Smell/Heat: #1 was one bite, and the heat was Douglah's grandfather in hell, not playing, gonna kick stomach like battery acid, HOT. No creeping, and couple bites built to serious heat. I drank more Pepto. Spit a little, cussed a little. Tasted more acidic than Madballz and hard to pick up a flavor as :hot:. But not to be deterred, once knew stomach was not going to cramp or a little stoned from #1, I tried the H2 an hour later, checked on dehydrator, picked a few Tabasco in garden, bla, bla and came back to H2. Brushed teeth, rinsed mouth. H2 is another matter. I didn't care if it tore me outta frame, which it did, because it tasted so GOOD! Oddly, maybe it was over-ripe but tasted like somebody had crossed a Douglah with a JA Red with JA Hot Choc with Peach bhut? Sweet and earthy while fruity--hard to describe but this one is a grower! I'm forgoing Douglah to grow H2 next year, taking a chance on it. (I lie: Douglah has a place in sauces and powders.)
Summary: Cross is still unstable but while really hot, H2 is such a keeper, but then Choc Barrackpore might need to be baby-sat on vine to let over-ripen just a tad or bring in, and go almost over-ripe. Truthfully, they came from different plants with different genetics. Growing H2 and may give #1 (probably will) a go. H2 reminded me more of Madballz had that are darker in placenta.

Also, tried Jamie's Jonah--it was actually sweeter than I expected, not bad, since I don't care for most reds, Yellow Primo is still a grow for next year; Sepia Serpent is not as stomach will never forgive it; Giant White Hab and Peach that Jason sent were both wonderful, not tried the InfinityS yet, since the cat did. 

Meanwhile, halving peppers to dry, to smoke and dry, to smoke and add to Tab and Tex-MeXX sauces hmm. Currently 2 trays of Inca Red Drop are drying for something. Heck no, didn't half them but got these done over weekend:

1/2 gallon Aji Limon/Yellow Bouquet, 1 quart Trini Perfume, 1/2 gallon Yellow 7, Yellow Brains, Yellow Moruga (for poultry/fish blends), 1/2 gallon Orange Thai, and working on the quart which will become 1/2 gallon+ for red meat/pork powder blends that now has ancho, pasilla, gajillo, some Douglah, few jals, serrano. Yes; will divide them to blend, but just wanted some place to stick them until rest were smoked and dried. Which just might run and do now as cloud cover will help keep smoke in smoker.

At some point, think I might even eval essays before tomorrow. Really miss glogs of others so might just trust temps and let 'em smoke couple hours with pecan--whacked some of that last night near dark--it's dry. Stupid baby copperhead came outta lower 40 woodpile and met a hatchet.

AnnsGlog10-28Dehydrateround1_zps5932b2a9.jpg

Awesome reviews Annie. Spot on with the white or not so white 7's. They do go white to yellow but do not stay white long. A pure white 7 has to be out there somewhere. I still love how crunchy and perfect they look. Massive producer too. The choco barrackpores look very bhut like to me. Do you or Jason know what it is crossed with ? Dried pods look perfect . Lotta work going on there. 

IMG_5063_zps32d14f0c.jpg

Nice reviews Annie!

Plenty of work going on there drying and saucing all those peppers too!

Better a stupid baby copperhead than it's daddy!

Glad you saw it first!

romy6 said:
 Awesome reviews Annie. Spot on with the white or not so white 7's. They do go white to yellow but do not stay white long. A pure white 7 has to be out there somewhere. I still love how crunchy and perfect they look. Massive producer too. The choco barrackpores look very bhut like to me. Do you or Jason know what it is crossed with ? Dried pods look perfect . Lotta work going on there. 

IMG_5063_zps32d14f0c.jpg

My guess on choc barrack, Jamie, is that--did y'all know I'm teaching?--lol--Grant, at JRain--has it as a hybrid developed by JRain. I'll ask since am placing an order for couple X's. He crosses a lot with bhuts so am thinking Choc bhut x Barrackpore, and the taste was a 7 x bhut. Best of both worlds on that H2, fer sure. If you want'um seeds, lemme know. I think you'd like #1 best, as is scorcher and is more 7 than bhut. Man, you'll love my Peach Bhutah sauce. Todd taught me to sacrifice heat for flavor in sauces. Powders, well, am learning there. Sauce not hot enough, shake some powder blend on it and then go sauce. (Which I did with yours and my livermush/egg/cheese sammy last night and it rocked!) Delicious blend, Jamie :party: .

Devv said:
Nice reviews Annie!

Plenty of work going on there drying and saucing all those peppers too!

Better a stupid baby copperhead than it's daddy!

Glad you saw it first!

Penny said:
Like Devv said, better the baby then the daddy!

Glad you saw it!

Y'all not edumacated about the copperhead? Or ours? The baby bite is worse than elders.' But just ticked me off, slithering out near dark. Thank God for keeping blades sharp. Actually, it was an adolescent sneaking out near dark; pieced back together, and sneaked over to my freak-out neighbor's deck. Laid it out. Damn thing wouldn't coil. :mope:  She gets up early. Around 6 am, so cool: she screamed.  :D I let her do that a while until I was satisfied and walked over there with axe to kill it.

Yeah, Scott, getting out early to smoke those as started raining or drizzle last night and had stuff coming off dehydrator so . . . busy, busy. How ya ferments coming?

Penny, how's the land-grab coming? Did you splain to yer husband that we'll be using that space for nurseries? ;)
Thanks for looking and commenting!

Back