• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any Cigar Smokers in the House

so sick of this shit.

its every few years now.  and its just going to get worse with subsidized healthcare.

we are on this long slow march into this old school protestant do-gooding nanny state.... and whats most irritating is that people are more than happy to move in this direction.

All this Cigar talk makes me want to light up a stick..
Undercrown Robosto....from Drew estates.....amazing cigars.

drew.jpg

queequeg152 said:
so sick of this shit.

its every few years now.  and its just going to get worse with subsidized healthcare.

we are on this long slow march into this old school protestant do-gooding nanny state.... and whats most irritating is that people are more than happy to move in this direction.
As a Lutheran I protest the use of protestant here. What you mean in puritanical. ;)

hot stuff said:
As a Lutheran I protest the use of protestant here. What you mean in puritanical. ;)

eh. im referring to the early 1900's protestant do gooders who sought to foist their views of alcohol onto others... almost the entire temperance movement was driven by protestant finger wagging...

idk anything about Lutheranism. im guessing its more strictly adherant to the tennets of martin luther? do they not seek to control others behavior by wielding the power of the federal government? 

queequeg152 said:

eh. im referring to the early 1900's protestant do gooders who sought to foist their views of alcohol onto others... almost the entire temperance movement was driven by protestant finger wagging...

idk anything about Lutheranism. im guessing its more strictly adherant to the tennets of martin luther? do they not seek to control others behavior by wielding the power of the federal government? 
Adherents to the Christian Book of Concord 1580 (which includes 3 documents written by Martin Luther).

We practically invented the "distinction" between Church and State aka 2 Kingdoms.

We believe the government should enforce morality particularly those related to Honor your Father and Mother to Don't Covet your neighbor's stuff. The first table (You shall have no other gods->Remember the Sabbath day) particularly belong the sphere of the Church in the Church.

Personally as a Constitutionalist, I think most laws dealing with morality as a whole belong to the State, County and City governments and the Federal Government should stick to the National Defense, Interaction with foreign governments and disputes between the states (in a very limited sense), as that is how our country was set up.

Extraordinary larry......i tried the Acid line from Drew estates.......not really a big fan of flavored cigars.......but to each his own.....enjoy.

Mikes said:
Been smoking, buying, collecting cigars for 17 years now. Enjoying a15 year old SLR Ser A...first one from the DB in the hammock now :)

That's a great smoke...one of my favorite marcas. 

Like it as well...went way overboard on 01 and 00 boxes of SLR churchills. Then I found the dc cabs from 02, lol.

Alec Bradley has put out the Limited Edition Black Market....Filthy Hooligan for a few years now ....I always buy a few to celebrate St.Paddy's day......here is the 2017 FH.

Filthy2.JPG

Filthy1.JPG

Back