• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music any metal heads on thp?

These days, I listen to all types of Rock and alternative stuff but when I head to the gym, I have a playlist of some of my favorite high energy songs from both new and old artists: Slayer, Volbeat, Deuce, Megadeth, Metal Chruch, Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed, et.al.

Reading back through this thread brings back memories...and not all good ones. :shh: Its been probably 20 years since I have listened to DRI or SOD and the 1st thing I thought of when I read the post about Christian Metal was Stryper, but I guess I'm dating myself a bit.

Reading back through this thread brings back memories...and not all good ones. :shh: Its been probably 20 years since I have listened to DRI or SOD and the 1st thing I thought of when I read the post about Christian Metal was Stryper, but I guess I'm dating myself a bit.
Yes Jeff, you are dating yourself, as are the rest of us in this topic. Good memories, Rock ON!

I remember watching Slayer when Kerry F'n King had hair!
First time I saw them was on the Reign in Blood tour....
Stood outside the Arlington Theatre on 10th and Arlington in Indy for 9 hours in sub-freezing weather just to get my butt kicked :P

Epic show!

Attachments

• kerry-king--large-msg-118408979423.jpg
    kerry-king--large-msg-118408979423.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 95
  • kfk new.jpg
    kfk new.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 98
Older stuff like Dio, Metallica (pre-Black), Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Rising Force, Ozzy etc. More modern includes Scar Symmetry, Disarmonia Mundi, Children of Bodom, Demon Hunter, Dream Theater, and so on. I prefer a little more melody rather than just the face-peeling, blistering, assault on your ears of some metal out there.

My current favorite song. Listen to the guitar and keyboard duel it out at the end.

I like Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Crossfade, Trivium, Seether, Mudvayne, 3 days grace, Bullet for my vallentine, Pantera, Killswitch Engaged,
Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.....

Older stuff like Dio, Metallica (pre-Black), Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Rising Force, Ozzy etc. More modern includes Scar Symmetry, Disarmonia Mundi, Children of Bodom, Demon Hunter, Dream Theater, and so on. I prefer a little more melody rather than just the face-peeling, blistering, assault on your ears of some metal out there.

My current favorite song. Listen to the guitar and keyboard duel it out at the end.

Living Dead Beat the opening is my primary ringer, the bridge is reserved for "Bros"

Hey I am a long way from 40+ and I love FNM and have been a big fan since their epic days ... Just because you are younger doesn't mean you can't enjoy the Dio's, Black Sabbaths and FNM's of this world ;) :hell: along with the newer bands of course and other Genres .

I love FNM, I've been listening to them since about 1990, and yes I'm under 40 years old. :party: Also listened to old Metaillica (Seen them live is 93 before they turned crap), Megadeth, Anthrax, Motley Crew, Pantera, Sepatura, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Foo fighters, mud honey, Alice in chains, and can't forget Sound garden.

Anyone remember this?

EDIT: WTF somehow my video got changed to TLC?

Max Cavalera's voice got better when he left Sepultura...I'm a big fan Soulfly's "Pain".
I would agree with that, if you spend enough time in the good ole USA eventually your english WILL get better!
Old Sepultura was more death grunts now he has a melodic type voice.

Fun hearing all these old band names. I've seen a ton of them. Ozzy in his "No more tours tour." Saw Pantera open up for Skid Row before their first album even came out. Best concert ever was Faith No More that opened for Metallica that opened for Guns N Roses in the New Orleans Superdome. 7 hours of music that followed several hours of walking around sucking down Hurricanes. Seems like I've seen everybody from White Zombie to the Indigo Girls back in those days.

currently listening to danzig, alice in chains, sabboth, stone temple pilots, rage against the machine.. i am living in the past a bit.
Anyone here into Parkway Drive?

Back