• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody else here a gearhead?

DEFCON Creator said:
Actually, I am. The DefconMobile should finally be completed on my 90 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary Edition. Strapped a lovely little Vortech S2 onto it, complete with an awesome cold air intake system, BBK Suspension with progressive springs, MSD ignition system. I had already installed the Hypertech chip, traction bars and frame connectors years ago, and basically swapped the old Flowmaster Force II's for a new set. There's a nuch more stuff to add to this list, but I don't want to bore you guys. We are currently putting the business pieces together for Defcon Racing (I thoroughly love the name, it has a nice ring to it). What a tax shelter being your own sponsor for your own racing team!!! I'll post pics when it's completed...

that sounds awesome Creator....

I haven't run it at the track as of yet, for one reason...I'TS NOT DONE YET!!! I shudder holding my breath whilst chomping at the bit. When all is said and done, it should be running mid to high 4's in HP and equal torque (THE important part). We've been playing around with numbers as to what it will do, and we're guessing very low 12's with the distinct possibility of high 11's. And to think, this is my daily driver, and no I don't care about gas prices!

Ah...the ol' drag strip. I'm more of a road course guy, myself.

The last time I went to the drags, my car ran an 18.02, and I missed 2nd gear. Brand new stock Car & Driver Magazine numbers are 17.95. Now, my car isn't meant to do the 1/4 like a rocket...she likes the turns...a lot! I can hang with just about anything that costs tons more through the twisties.

Before I die, I'm going to take my car around Laguna Seca for a few hot laps.

Sickmont...Do you have acess to parts for older Lincolns? I'm looking for a '65 Continental convertible as my next project.

Ahhhh, I am looking for the best of boh worlds. Handling AND 0-60. We seem to have done a pretty good job trying to equalize both. I won't be able to give he exacts until its' completion. Stay tuned...

DevilDuck said:
Ah...the ol' drag strip. I'm more of a road course guy, myself.

The last time I went to the drags, my car ran an 18.02, and I missed 2nd gear. Brand new stock Car & Driver Magazine numbers are 17.95. Now, my car isn't meant to do the 1/4 like a rocket...she likes the turns...a lot! I can hang with just about anything that costs tons more through the twisties.

Before I die, I'm going to take my car around Laguna Seca for a few hot laps.

Sickmont...Do you have acess to parts for older Lincolns? I'm looking for a '65 Continental convertible as my next project.

Yeah, i've got a good source of parts for the older ones. We have a Lincoln only wrecking yard here that i use quite often for the older cars.
They're called Lincoln-Land(obviously) and they haven't failed me yet. Their number is 1-888-546-2727.

Gearhead:

rose21.jpg

Me at Lime Rock in Conn......road racing.

We describe road racing as turning both ways.......

willard3 said:
Gearhead:

rose21.jpg

Me at Lime Rock in Conn......road racing.

We describe road racing as turning both ways.......

Ya, i dig the road course stuff also. I've been to the 12 hours of Sebring 3 or 4 times already(but not for the whole 12 hours)

Some friends of mine here build road-race ready kit cars based on the Lotus super 7.
And having driven a few different ones, i can honestly say the Stalker V6 is the best one ever done. Imagine 300 HP in an 1800 pound car that handles good enough to make your brain leak out of your ears...
www.stalkerv6.com

Well, "The Mustang" is DONE!!! I haven't a clue how to posts pics on this board, so until I do, I'll just enjoy the pics myself. Hee hee hee.

This monster came out far better than my expectations...And they call this 'street legal'?

Looks like "Defcon Racing" has just become more of a reality than before.

DEFCON Creator said:
I don't know how to.

Use www.Photobucket.com to host them. Then it'll give you a url to use here. When you reply to a thread, there's a little yellow box above the area where you type your response. Click that box and it gives you a place to insert the url. Then just hit reply and you're done!

DEFCON Creator said:
Well, "The Mustang" is DONE!!! I haven't a clue how to posts pics on this board, so until I do, I'll just enjoy the pics myself. Hee hee hee.

This monster came out far better than my expectations...And they call this 'street legal'?

Looks like "Defcon Racing" has just become more of a reality than before.

Oh, who did the dyno-tuning by the way?

I've got a buddy that's has been helping me with this project, and he took it to a friend of his shop that deals with hi-end motors. Kinda cool. I also couldn't believe how clean this thing is running. I left the stats at home, but I'll post them later. Truly mind-boggling.

I tried, but alas, I'm more of a gearhead than a tech-head. I'm thinking of just putting the pics on our website for a little while. Maybe I'll do that tonight. I'll post the stats as well. Stay tuned...

DEFCON Creator said:
I tried, but alas, I'm more of a gearhead than a tech-head. I'm thinking of just putting the pics on our website for a little while. Maybe I'll do that tonight. I'll post the stats as well. Stay tuned...

You gotta make a trip down here with it in March for the N.M.R.A.
(National Mustang Racing Association)
Seriously. 4 days of mayhem and Mustangs!

Sickmont said:
You gotta make a trip down here with it in March for the N.M.R.A.
(National Mustang Racing Association)
Seriously. 4 days of mayhem and Mustangs!

hmm maybe our client will be there with his crazy mustangs..

only auto event on my radar for march is the 12 hours of sebring!! i can't wait!!!!! too bad its so far away.. hearing those new turbo diesel audi prototypes whoosh by is crazy! by far the quietest car on the track..yet the fastest. would be interesting if bentley would free up some more budget (i know they made a lot of money with these continental gt/flying spurs....they are like the boca raton civic!) to bring out the speed 8s again. those cars were incredibly fast..but i'd like to see them run against the r10s. and who could forget the growing rivalry between the corvettes and the aston martins! (go aston! :P )

i think its best if i put it out of my mind so time doesn't slow to a crawl..

xgrafcorex said:
hmm maybe our client will be there with his crazy mustangs..

only auto event on my radar for march is the 12 hours of sebring!! i can't wait!!!!! too bad its so far away.. hearing those new turbo diesel audi prototypes whoosh by is crazy! by far the quietest car on the track..yet the fastest. would be interesting if bentley would free up some more budget (i know they made a lot of money with these continental gt/flying spurs....they are like the boca raton civic!) to bring out the speed 8s again. those cars were incredibly fast..but i'd like to see them run against the r10s. and who could forget the growing rivalry between the corvettes and the aston martins! (go aston! :P )

i think its best if i put it out of my mind so time doesn't slow to a crawl..

We were actually thinking about going to Sebring for the Nostalgia race on Dec. 2 and 3rd.....we were thinking about splitting the rental on a motorhome for the weekend for the race...

Back