• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Anyone Else Like Fresh Boiled Crawfish?

Crawfish are great. Haven't had any quality out here, but there's a festival coming up where they fly in some from the delta I guess. Just one of those things I haven't made it years before to yet. Glanced around at that link up there, might try it when I can get a few buddies in on it.

Having been born on the Mississippi De Soto, WI, I've had my share of crap out of it. Mostly Bluegill I'd imagine. Wouldn't eat most stuff I get out of there either I suppose, but that's probably due to the taste more than toxin.

On second thought, eff it- crack open a can of Old Style or Blatz and eat it- fish, frog, turtle, whatever! Brings back childhood memories...

Nice! I was raised in Baton Rouge, still live/ work there during the week.
Crawfish are freaking awesome! Tony's seafood has some of the best "store
bought (cooked)" you can buy, otherwise call me when your headed this way
& I'll cook up a few extra spicy mudbugs and we can talk "peppers" :)

ButchT

Well, that's a cool offer ButchT. Same to you if you find yourself in SD. I'd love to head thru the gulf coast area sometime. Really am enamored with southern cuisine and all of its derivatives, but haven't had much of the real. Mostly what I try to make at home, and there's only so much a yankee born, socal raised boy can do, lol.

Tempted to start a crawfish farm Diablo? I say go for it, lol. Why not?

I guess Gator by the Bay is next weekend in San Diego and is recommended by the local southern transplants here in SD. Probably $20 at least for parking. But whatever it takes to get to them crawfish.

Whatever it takes indeed. I just boiled 150lbs for my annual bash. I don't get to eat the lil buggers as much as I'd like since moving away from the Big Easy. I guess you can say I have my years rations all in one sitting.

Them fresh crawdads are good eatin'. A bit pricey though once you fly 'em out live here. They had ten and twenty dollar bowls, and along with all the other food and beer the festival kinda turned into a wallet drainer. Two seventy later, and I still got crawfish on my mind.

looks like it JR...

The tags are killing me!;)

Anyone who eats crab and lobster, but not crawfish, is kidding themselves.

Anyone who doesn't eat shrimp and lobsters is either allergic, or insane!!;)

That yabby link is pretty crazy. The first guy seemed like he was keepin them as pets or something until I saw he's just catchin' and releasin' them. They look very close, especially after they've been cooked up. Some of those other pics show some pretty big'uns. And all gray colored. Super-craw's.

I found one of the places where they dumped off the leftover mudbugs from last weekend's festival and had some for breakfast yesterday.

.............You found where they dumped some left over crawfish......from last week.......and ate them with toast???

THOU ART THE MAN!!!!!!!!!;)

Just some stripmall hole in the wall place called Mardi Gras Cafe. Pretty good Cajun food for San Diego. $6.99 a pound though.

6.99 a pound is high as a cats back....especially if they were left overs...

It is getting late in the season now and I have almost had my fill this year...have had over 100 pounds...

I hear ya' boutros...if ya' really like them, I'm sorry you don't live some place they are fairly inexpensive....

It all evens out, somehow.;)

I live in the allergy capital of the world....but that's only because things grow like crazy and let loose their spawn!!!!!!;)

Back