contest April ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of Asian TD ideas this month - I think it would be a good one. The scope could be expanded for including "asianizing" traditionally non- asian dishes. For instance, taking a bland food and spicing it up with heat and an Asian flair to it. Another example would be the American hot dog asianized. I see lots of possibilities here.

A lot of Asian TD ideas this month - I think it would be a good one. The scope could be expanded for including "asianizing" traditionally non- asian dishes. For instance, taking a bland food and spicing it up with heat and an Asian flair to it. Another example would be the American hot dog asianized. I see lots of possibilities here.

I'm really not sure I'd want to be limited to Asian....although I do love a good stir-fry!

If you state that rice has to be a part of your dish....then you open it up to a wider range of cuisines.

.....not that anyone ever listens to me. :lol:

"Limited" to Asian? What limit? Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Phillippino, Laotian, Cambodian, Malasian, Mongolian, Indonesian.......

anything that has soy sauce, msg, crispy noodles, won-tons, or snow peas counts as asian.

And you have to give it a chinese restaurant name, like:
#17 Dim Sum Tasty Chicken Wings

Seems it's hot dogs. Phew. This was a long topic for one TD.

We can eventually do them all too. Some good ones here.

One Asian restaurant I ordered for mrs. blues and myself. " She'll have the cashew chicken and I'll have the mongolian beef." Waiter..."Excellent! Two numba' 6!!" No matter...Asian and especially Chinese food is some of the best food by the best people on the planet! I was in Elko, NV a week ago, out in the middle of nowhere. I ate at a fantastic Chinese joint owned and run by real Chinese. The portions were HUGE! Enough for 3 people and tasted fantastic. Shay shay nee!

I'm glad to finally be back on the forums and I'm glad everyone is amped up on hot dogs. I think a hot dog challenge would be hilarious. How strict would we be on "hot dog", though? Just wieners? Does it have to have a bun? Does it have to have a standard questionable meat content? I once had a salmon hot dog that was ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back