• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest April ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for only home-made and stuffed hot dogs or sausages or brats. Or at least the best picture of Der Weinerschnitzel's chile cheese dogs. Those things rock and I can't get them here. :( Of course, we could all be lazy and submit the best picture of a microwaved hot dog :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I vote for only home-made and stuffed hot dogs or sausages or brats. Or at least the best picture of Der Weinerschnitzel's chile cheese dogs. Those things rock and I can't get them here. :( Of course, we could all be lazy and submit the best picture of a microwaved hot dog :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Although that TD was fun... I vote for something different.

Hot dogs = Francheesies!

What about another Chopped challenge? It wouldn't be repetitive because new ingredients will be chosen.

Agreed Pi.

I like the "chopped" or Iron Chef type of challenge.

Basically, anything goes... which means plated dishes vary enormously.

That's where the imagination is let loose... and Figment gets to dance in the periphery.

Ginger Ale.

yeah, TB's "in transition"...which translates to....BONUS FOR US! :lol:

I think the "food on the move" subject was suggested before. Anything cooked on a portable cooking device- bbq grill, smoker, campfire, trailer stove, single-burner plug-in stove, toaster oven, V8 DB manifold, solar oven, etc~ Maybe they are moving, maybe they are advancing their careers, maybe they are just trying to get back to normal life (like many of our Aussie mates).

I'd like to officially nominate this option again in honor of our many amigos and amigas who for various reasons are not able to use a full-on house kitchen and for the many friends who have a limited cooking capacity as part of their daily lives.

SL, it needs to be a little more focused than that. And I don't get some of those. Toaster oven on the move? Did you throw it at hubby?

Ffooccuuss? well, that may be a little difficult right now but I'll try-

food must be cooked on a device that is movable/portable.

I guess the best way to identify it (imho)is...when people move out of a house, most of the time they do not move the kitchen stove, but they do take their bbq grill and smoker. And burner/toaster oven cooking is a whole other category!

does that help?

edit- maybe the food must be cooked on something other than a fixed appliance. Jayt's microwave would technicality allowed~

(sheesh, I can't believe I left out the microwave as a portable cooking device! We'll all be sorry when JayT brings his micro-wieners!)

What about Fusion where I pick one of the cuisines.

Example: Mexican/?

TB makes fried catfish tacos. Loses to JayT with a salsa dog. :lol:

But JayT is disqualified. No dog seen under salsa. :shocked:

Well you get it. It would be cool because everyone would be working with one cusine but the mastery would come with the other they choose! You could make your favorite dish, and change it to make it fusion. Pretty open to make what you want, but still a tying theme.

Could also be similar to the secret ingredient one, where you don't know the cuisine I will choose.

All this news about Japan... breaks my heart.

Makes me want to do a "Noodle Throwdown!!!"

Noodles. Rice... pasta... what else are noodles made from?..., bring it.

There was a line in Blade Runner... "Noodles are good for you."

Guerilla Showdown - cook a meal in/on someone (or multiple people) elses property using an item from their fridge or pantry.

My point is you can lie and pick stuff you know how to cook. I pick BBQ rub and ribs. :lol:
Won't work.

Anyone could have used beef in the beefless burger TD and simply said it was something else. Anyone could have used spinach instead of swiss chard in the chopped TD. I and probably more than a handful of others on this site could simply photoshop coinage into a professional food pic, or even extract elements from multiple pics and PS them together. etc., etc. At some level, this whole TD being based on pics is about honesty and trust. I would hope everyone would have fun with the personal challenge and make it what it is supposed to be, and explore some things they've never tried.

All this news about Japan... breaks my heart.

Makes me want to do a "Noodle Throwdown!!!"

Noodles. Rice... pasta... what else are noodles made from?..., bring it.

There was a line in Blade Runner... "Noodles are good for you."

I'm watching world news as I catch up... I had this thought too where we pay tribute to the people in Japan by doing the Asian TD... Noodles, Dim Dum, BBQ Pork, etc... Anything asian....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back