contest April ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can...and SHOULD...represent the fine city of Houston, home of most of my extended family (a bit outside in a town called Tomball).

A Houston Dog would have to be a Koliche (pastry wrapped...they're all over the place there). Add some texas spice, maybe a texas-style bbq sauce. You can do this.
Houston is so underrated. REPRESENT, DAMMIT!!!!!!

sheesh, went to work for a day, had to catch up on 3 pages of posts~~~ all this fuss about a HOT DOG!

The two-toothed hillbilly dog?

:rofl:
:rofl:
(tried to explain that one to the 'Kid, but he just wasn't gettin' it :crazy:
)

like to assassinate potato salad dog?

I'd LOVE to see another double-barreled Hot Dog video!

I have in mind the perfect hot dog that epitomizes our home town!

uh- huh!!! UH-HUH!!! You will all be AMAZED!
Oh, yeah! I got it! Yo gonna LOVE it!

I have in mind the perfect hot dog that epitomizes our home town!

uh- huh!!! UH-HUH!!! You will all be AMAZED!
Oh, yeah! I got it! Yo gonna LOVE it!
Eastern WA.

Can't wait to see your beaver dog.

Get your minds out of the gutter folks!

All this grub-based location sexy talk has my wiener twitching at the possibilities! :woohoo: :beer: :onfire:
Kansas has some cool possibilities. A twister dog. I'd say the idea but don't want to tell you what to do. Run with it!

Aussie dog...hmmm...Cook it on the barbie, whack it in a damper bun, cover it in tomato sauce, add an egg and some beetroot and there ya go.

...Yuck.

Mebbe a Melbourne Dog. We are on the world's most multicultural cities. Could go Greek, Italian, Asian, anything goes here. This one is confusing.

You can...and SHOULD...represent the fine city of Houston, home of most of my extended family (a bit outside in a town called Tomball).

A Houston Dog would have to be a Koliche (pastry wrapped...they're all over the place there). Add some texas spice, maybe a texas-style bbq sauce. You can do this.
Houston is so underrated. REPRESENT, DAMMIT!!!!!!

Whoa Dad!! A Texican connection!! Koliche? Sounds almost Bo-Hunky. Kolache? Have mercy! If thats true, SoFloPosse powah' is growing by teh minute!

THP....Assdog..really? I gotta' see this!

Marcie...you have FANS! Post your 'thang whatever win or lose.

SL....glad I ain't in on this one with you. I suspect you bring too much WIN for me.

Marcie, bring anEastern Dawg to the DAWGFIGHT!

and TB- what I will post will be truly astonishing!

I've been wondering how to work this TD and when THP posted to "make it a hometown hotdog"....that was the key!

PS- did I just get the name for the TD??? THE DAWGFIGHT ???

Good Gawd!! We have a lot to Texas Connections going on here, especially in the Houston area. I have extended family in Katie. Come on Marcie, can't wait see that Big T badness.

Think I'm going to embrace the total Florida Goodness on this one. I'm starting to see kind of a Tropical / Porto Rican / Cuban Fusion Dog. Humm, mango papaya hot........

Where's my recipe book?

Seeing that I had already bought most of the ingredients for my entry(ies)....then, the "hometown" rule was declared...and my ideas have nothing to do with Kentucky (who the hell would want a KENTUCKY-dog???)....

...looks like I'm out.

Pauly- don't let that stop you, just bring what you got! Maybe bonus points if you can work in a hometown theme, but that shouldn't be a disqualifier.

Pauly- don't let that stop you, just bring what you got! Maybe bonus points if you can work in a hometown theme, but that shouldn't be a disqualifier.

Agreed.

I was kinda thinking about a Monte Cristo dog...but I believe I'll just stick with my first two ideas.

I have been giving this thought since THP mentioned the hometown theme. I thought at first that the Philly cheesesteak theme has been overdone, but then... an epiphany! I live about 20 miles from Hershey! Oh, it is on now!!!

I have been giving this thought since THP mentioned the hometown theme. I thought at first that the Philly cheesesteak theme has been overdone, but then... an epiphany! I live about 20 miles from Hershey! Oh, it is on now!!!

Oh, I dunno.....

Seems a shame to NOT do a cheesesteak dog as an entry. How about doing two? I know I'm planning two entries.

so I guess I have to make a traditional style frankfurter or wiener

since ill be in Germany and all

:)

too bad we arent going for authenticity

You'll have access to some awesome ingredients! :clap:

Yes you will, think real German kruat, and Great Beer to go with it. But if anyone offer's you a shot of Rostaputz, probably not how it's spelled but phonetically correct, you'll have to slam a double shot. When I was stationed there we called it German Tequilla kind of a Pepper flavored Schnapps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back