• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

ASK THE NEXT PERSON ANYTHING ! GAME !

Either a cup of yogurt or a smoothie - same old, same old. I don't tend to eat a big brekky unless I'm traveling for pleasure. Doesn't do any good to try a big brekky when traveling for business.

But I'll be traveling for pleasure this week .... what should I eat for brekky then?

Strange, but true, I've never had the combo before. Have thought about it, but never gone there. Sounds good, though.

Any other suggestions?

Well, it sounds more like traditional brekky food, at any rate!

Do you have any idea how "sausages" got translated into "snags"? ie - is it an abbreviation for something, or is there some story behind it?

Wouldn't have the foggiest! Growing up, we pretty much only used the term for BBQ cooked sausages in our household... but I'm pretty sure it's a general term for sausages here.

Whack another snag on the barbie, mate?

Yes. Its because part of being a bandit means excessive latenight drinking while planning your next stage coach robbery, leading to excessive amounts of pee.

What means you have to pee worse. "i have to pee like a bandit" or " gotta piss like a racehorse" ?

I reckon "piss like a racehorse" -- but only because it is the cruder of the two.

Why is it, the cruder the saying, the higher degree of exclamation it seems to carry?

These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do. One of these days these boots are gonna walk right over you!

When was the last time you heard that song?

Probably at least in part because it's frequently sung rather throaty, especially that last sentence. Often with more of a "come hither" sound instead of a "you're going to be trampled" one.

Would you agree with that assessment?

Back