beer ASK WHEEBZ

ok, i'm fine with going after clarity of flavor, so long as it won't be overly lacking for ending up without wheat or much crystal etc ...

going to be Trois and NS, basically ...

reading yeast white papers ...

I'll never rouse yeast again, or use a plastic fermenting vessel ...

image.png

image.jpeg

Wheebz I picked up a 2 gallon Pliney clone from my LHBS. When I plugged the numbers into beersmith the IBUs seem pretty high, but it is consistent with another Pliney recipe I found on the net. Does this look OK to brew? Or do I need to cut back the hops. The LHBS claims this is their "hoppiest beer "

From what I remember from the Pliny recipe I have, which I posted and I know grant will reply with it, it was like half of that ibu wise.

Don't use dextrose, use malt to make that up unless you have the london III. Columbus Simcoe and centennial are rigyt I think, but there's another and I wanna say it's Amarillo. Once again grant will repost it for me.

Pretty sure I have some DME, would I use the same amount by weight? In your opinion is it best to add at beginning of boil or in the last 10 or 15 minutes?

In all seriousness ...

When I want to do a round of bottling from a bunch of kegs, not just one, what's the best technique? ...

I have a lot of kegs around, so I don't need to optimize for using a single one or whatever ...

I'm thinking I'd want to put some water in a keg and pressure it, and then put some CO2 in a small keg and pressure it too ...

Then between beers, run some water through the lines, and then chase it w/ some gas, and then hook-up to the next beer? ...

I've managed to spew beer so many times at this point that I'm genuinely a little bit gun shy of the liquid transfers I'll be the 1st to admit ...

And for cleaning of the bottles ... just a rinse and dry of brand new one's? ...

just go from keg to keg to keg, dont need to rinse, just have a separate glass next to it and drink what comes out of the line in between beers

its just a quick disconnect anyways, pop it off one, toss it on to the other, fill up a glass until the new beer comes through, drink the glass, fill up your bottles, call it a day

and if you wanna bottle, I only rinse them with tap water, let em drain real quick upside down and then just fill em with beer

wheebz said:
just go from keg to keg to keg, dont need to rinse, just have a separate glass next to it and drink what comes out of the line in between beers

its just a quick disconnect anyways, pop it off one, toss it on to the other, fill up a glass until the new beer comes through, drink the glass, fill up your bottles, call it a day

and if you wanna bottle, I only rinse them with tap water, let em drain real quick upside down and then just fill em with beer

oh, that won't be nearly as bad in that case ...

so ...

set the regulator for liquid (on a dual-reg) to the same psi that the service keg has been at (like 9-11 psi or whatever) so it's close ...

set the other regular for like 3 psi or so for the gas to push and to co2 flush ...

and then i guess i'll just go lightest to darkest ...

that won't be too bad ...

hopefully i won't spray gallons in the bottom of the freezer like everything else i've done so far ...

jesus god no dont fill those bottles at 10psi, you will shoot beer all over the place

you are going to degas your keg and fill the bottles at like 2 or 3psi from the keg, just enough to push the beer out

jesus god no dont fill those bottles at 10psi, you will shoot beer all over the place

you are going to degas your keg and fill the bottles at like 2 or 3psi from the keg, just enough to push the beer out

ok ... both regulators on the co2 get like 2-3 psi then ... the one for flushing and the one for liquid pressure ...

Back