beer ASK WHEEBZ

i absolutely would

in fact I will be for our house IPA, well, dextrose that is, not dextrine

and Trillium is one of the highest rated breweries in the country

see this is the new New England IPA trend

super yeasty, unfiltered, still chunks of hops, super tropical fruit flavors, basically like drinking hop tea, which is what people want without the bitterness

Trillium, Treehouse, Hill Farmstead, Alchemist

they are all doing these and absolutely killing it, and I will be as well, because no one in this area does them, and thats what the people want

Mine will be clearer than these, but the same concept will apply, hazy, hoppy, and dry as fuck
example

4.49 rating on beer advocate for Congress Street

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30654/

with 1200 reviews.....

thats a great fucking score

wheebz said:
i absolutely would

in fact I will be for our house IPA, well, dextrose that is, not dextrine

and Trillium is one of the highest rated breweries in the country

see this is the new New England IPA trend

super yeasty, unfiltered, still chunks of hops, super tropical fruit flavors, basically like drinking hop tea, which is what people want without the bitterness

Trillium, Treehouse, Hill Farmstead, Alchemist

they are all doing these and absolutely killing it, and I will be as well, because no one in this area does them, and thats what the people want

Mine will be clearer than these, but the same concept will apply, hazy, hoppy, and dry as f**k

example

4.49 rating on beer advocate for Congress Street

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30654/

with 1200 reviews.....

thats a great f**king score
you wouldn't dextrine, i said ... don't lie Craig #Friday ...

and, you'd sucrose, no? ...
i know they are well-regarded ... just suggested to 1010 that he check his spots for Allagash and Trillium the other night - he found Allagash ...

i don't get either down here, or Maine ... but i know i could get Maine BC ;)

I use both

sucrose gives a great flavor to belgians, as it adds a dryness as well as fruity esters in the form of iso amyl, ethyl acetate, and in dark beers like trappist ales and quads, helps with the production of phenols and dark fruit flavors

while dextrose adds a dryness and allows for more complete fermentations in typical non-belgian ale yeasts, but doesnt give that little fusel alcohol and higher complex esters that work well in belgians

the only beer i have it in mind to add plain sug is like a barleywine ...

i'd use molasses, treacle, brown sug, maple sizzurp, and even agave nectar ... but don't really have plans for using plain sug ...

mostly because i don't appreciate dryness in beer, PERSONALLY, while acknowledging that it's better beer technically ...
and seriously, i don't know what it is ... but i love maillards ... food, drink, everywhere ...

in fact, if you think of a maillard-bomb beer, i think i might look for the boundary soon =)

dopplebocks, eisbocks, scottish ales, Scotch ales, Wee Heavys

wee heavys giving the most

if you wanna go gnarly, do a dopplerauchbier

8-9% ABV smoked beer where you run off 1/4 of your wort, boil it down to like a syrup on super high heat, top it back off and ferment it like a lager

ooohh perfect ... i do like wee heavy's, didn't know that was why ...
i ran into a technique from mead using pressure cooker for honey for that kind where you maillard up the honey ...

maybe i'll pressure cook some wort on the range while doing the boil in the kettle ...

dude ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457054349.137607.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457054359.892415.jpg

DUUUUDE!

srzly ...

drinking it a cpl fl oz a mo just to try to have a bottle to send you ...

wheebz said:
what is it?

that oaked, black ?barleywine? with rose hips, mulberry preserves, and demerara ...
the huge alcohol content gave it those sherry-like qualities i only have come to expect from barrel-aged beers, plus the oak ...

it's genuinely similar to Founders Backwoods Bastard ...

it tastes like something from a Bruery bottle ...

wheebz said:
that f**ked up concoction of a beer that you made with just random shit

well, it didn't seem random to me, but yeah - you thought it was random =)

i'm hopelessly addicted to the notes in the huge beer ... the flavors that come from the alcohol ...

for a few weeks i thought i might just see about doing mead ... but nah, mead is no substitute for me ...

grantmichaels said:
#disclaimer: pulled from beer group on FB

Dude ...

attachicon.gif
12043054_10205359939269215_3950294737365344748_n.jpg

attachicon.gif
12809771_10205359939669225_7552435046268091971_n.jpg

Uhm ... yeah ... no!
i've had congress st, double dry hopped congress, st, summer st,sleeper, st etc all excellent. you would love their brewery or at least the one in boston, havent been to canton one.   I think you would also love their pot and kettle oatmeal porter. I have a couple bottles of wild sinister kid which is described as a american wild ale aged on sour cherries in oak barrels on the way here saturday.  think dude said they were $24 a bottle- hope its good..lol 
:cheers:

FreeportBum said:
i've had congress st, double dry hopped congress, st, summer st,sleeper, st etc all excellent. you would love their brewery or at least the one in boston, havent been to canton one.   I think you would also love their pot and kettle oatmeal porter. I have a couple bottles of wild sinister kid which is described as a american wild ale aged on sour cherries in oak barrels on the way here saturday.  think dude said they were $24 a bottle- hope its good..lol 
:cheers:

:CHEERS:

Oatmeal Porter sounds perfect, yup! =)

If I get to where it's time to get into trading, I've planned to see if I can't get some MBC from you (and I can get all the OB in the world from my sister) to get myself started =)

I'm about to lock it down on the commercial beers a bit, though, and focus on homebrewing monsters ...

Going to dump beer this weekend, in all likelihood, and get back to the brewing ...

I got you covered with MBC,trillium and treehouse brotha. whats cool is I can jump on the train here in my town and zip down to boston and back for usually under $50. get drunk sleep it off on the 3 hour train ride home..lol

FreeportBum said:
I got you covered with MBC,trillium and treehouse brotha. whats cool is I can jump on the train here in my town and zip down to boston and back for usually under $50. get drunk sleep it off on the 3 hour train ride home..lol

Awesome.

I know how I am about stuff, and I know I'll get all cray about trading once I let myself start, so I'm holding off for now ... but, eventually ... soon!

I didn't get an El Catador membership because CCB can't run a website for shit, but I am going to poke around Cycle Brewing and see about their barrel-aged beers ...

Reliable (in-industry folks around here) have been saying Cycle's BA beers top CCB's ...

wheebz said:
f**king sylvester stirring shit up again

brew-boner cockfights like the one in Tasty McDole's thread are a really good place to learn shit, but I usually lurk ...

honestly i was watching waiting for Wayne to chime in because last time he took the value angle that leaving yeast in beer is a poor value ...

then your buddy Michael Lunn showed up and i had to switch over to Bob's thread, LOL ...

i'm mostly  just waiting for the perfect opportunity to let them know how much more colloidal proteins bother me, because i CAN'T avoid them while drinking the beer ...

that opp hasn't come yet, though ...

and yeah, slow Friday at work, LOL ... haha ...

Maybe that's what I need to do, I need to empty my legs to get ready to fill again.

Box heading your way next week Wheebz. Going to have

Flaming Pumpkin, first time making it AG
Bourbon Barrel Stout
Tudor Ale
And
Your choice
The Bard, a similar sweet Melomel
The Paladin, a dry and Oaked show Mead(needs 6 months aging)
Or both

Back