beer ASK WHEEBZ

well you will be a huge fan of this then as well

the londoin broil cubes were so fucking good, I saved the other half to make with some asparagus tonight

RrQnT1V.jpg

made that motherfucker incluising the chili

so let me post what I am about to eat before I take pictures of the finale . Chili went into the fridge and freezer for later

18oz London Broil, rubbed in garlic, pepper, and salt

seared in the skillet, basted with Lancaster county hand churned butter and thyme sprigs

resting right now for another 2 minutes

asparagus, pepper,  EVOO, shaved lemon peel

PAIRED WITH!!!!!!!!!

Pizza Boy PermaSmile golden sour wild ale, brett, lacto, pedio, 6%, and aged on peaches and apricots

fuck your couches

nice cook on the steak, fo sho ...

looks like good eats w/ thinner spears (i prefer the smaller diam asparagus) ...

not sure on the beer, but i trust ...

:cheers:

beer matches the asparagus, not the protein

too many people match the protein and let the sides just dwindle, i like to switch it up every once in a while

and the acidity of the sour beer cuts through the fat of the boil perfectly

while it doesnt match flavor, it matches texture and mouthfeel

haha, i meant sours in general ...

i've found through exploration thus far that there's a lot more that i haven't liked, than one's i have ...

i liked the one i made, actually ...

you need training young padewan

if I am converting a wine drinker to pairings, I will sit down with a couple of sours and explain the deal, and usually before the end of the dinner, they are like fuck wines ill pay that money towards actual pairings

wine pairings are so one dimensional

i know they can be good, i just don't know how to tell them apart at the point-of-sale ...

i drain-poured the Green Bench one i tried most recently ...

it had a fierce bite, the wood was harsh, and i couldn't imagine ANYONE liking it, lol ...

at the same time, the one i made using the fermwrap and the East Coast Yeast that I open-fermented was damn tasty, despite some phenols ...

See here is the problem I have

When I graduated high school I got accepted to Johnson and Wales for culinary arts, and said no, and joined military instead

so my big things are food and beer

now I have absolutely zero plating techniques and making things look pretty that they teach in these schools, but I do have an understanding of flavors which is why I think beer worked out so well for me

problem i think I am gonna have is letting someone else run the kitchen while I do the brewery and me not wanting to get involved

wheebz said:
See here is the problem I have

When I graduated high school I got accepted to Johnson and Wales for culinary arts, and said no, and joined military instead

so my big things are food and beer

now I have absolutely zero plating techniques and making things look pretty that they teach in these schools, but I do have an understanding of flavors which is why I think beer worked out so well for me

problem i think I am gonna have is letting someone else run the kitchen while I do the brewery and me not wanting to get involved

Dude, I didn't know your prior service! What branch and specialty were you?

You'll still have complete approval authority over the Menu and you can always set up a special Pairings section that you develop the recipe for what pairs to your beers. Might even have one Sous Chef that does them directly under you.

Question:

I'm wanting to brew up a coffee stout. I know you said you're not a coffee fan, but figured you've still brewed them.

Is flameout the best time to add the grounds? I know excessive bitterness is a concern when using coffee. I've also seen where some people cold press and add it at bottling. In your opinion, what's the best method.

Back