beer ASK WHEEBZ

Pumpkin Ale getting racked to the bottling bucket for bulk priming

E2EA65F0-8E91-4A70-98C3-81578B9FE1F8-2901-000003C81F80F286.jpg

86EE9401-B672-4D78-B8F4-E3B493833204-2901-000003C826B915A8.jpg

All tucked into their resting place for 2 more weeks.

A9C1250A-563E-436C-B89C-EE9EABCF91D0-2901-000003C82ED463FF.jpg

FG was 1.012 which makes it about 7.2 ABV and the sample had great flavor with the taste of the spices and I wasn't expecting to but I could also taste the pumpkin itself.

Cheers

Wheebz, I'll be sending you a sample when the matching Hot Sauce is done around the first.

I solved my immediate needs for a fermentation chamber (at least I hope) Got one of these guys https://www.cool-brewing.com/ Waiting to see if I can hit 65 degrees.

Today was my first ever brew day. Cooked up a brewers best APA kit. I'm curious to see how it goes.

Where the HALE is a picture of the Scovie wet hop Darwnis special beer?

Pour in a glass.

Take a picture.

Post it.

Unless that pole dancing girlfriend of yours drank it all.
Then we want pictures of that.

Flaming Pumpkin Colonial Ale

From RocketMan Brewing

7.2%ABV

Great Malt flavor with just the right amount of spice. Thanks for the assist wheebz. next time I think I just might try for a real Falming Pumpkin by adding a touch of Fatalii.

B8BB9479-B3D0-4F57-AE49-E3DE5962AA59-266-00000015913DCC4A.jpg

PM me if you want the recipe.

Where the HALE is a picture of the Scovie wet hop Darwnis special beer?

Pour in a glass.

Take a picture.

Post it.

Unless that pole dancing girlfriend of yours drank it all.
Then we want pictures of that.

it looks like any other golden colored beer lol

its not gonna look any different

What do you guys think of this kit? It's on Living Social for $63 right now.

http://www.midwestsu...rewing-kit.html

Looks like the one I started with, still using it and it does a great job. There are some other things you'll need though like a big stainless steel pot. I have a 5 gallon pot which lets me do a good 3 gallon boil without having much of a boil over problem.

Does it come with your first brew free? Check and see if you have a local brew shop where you can get it. It'll save you the shipping charges.

Then once you get it, RDWAHAHB!

(Relax, don't worry and have a homebrew!)

Cheers,
RM

Looks like the one I started with, still using it and it does a great job. There are some other things you'll need though like a big stainless steel pot. I have a 5 gallon pot which lets me do a good 3 gallon boil without having much of a boil over problem.

Does it come with your first brew free? Check and see if you have a local brew shop where you can get it. It'll save you the shipping charges.

Then once you get it, RDWAHAHB!

(Relax, don't worry and have a homebrew!)

Cheers,
RM

It does come with one free brew as well as a $25 credit to use on your next purchase. And the thing about this one is, I can get it for $63 through livingsocial.com and I have a $10 off coupon, shipping is $12 so I would pay $65 total. I have a local brew shop right down the street. Do you think they would have a kit like this for less?

Oh, and I'm trying to get my wife to buy it for me!

Well, I paid 79 for mine so I have to say that's a pretty good price but there's also something to be said about getting in with the people at your local brewshop too.

Watchout for the free beer kit they give you though. The malt and all may be good but I'd buy a new yeast packet to go with it. There's no telling how old it might be and fresh yeast is important.

Back