• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aus newbie q's

No real recipe as yet, I'm still trying to figure out how to make this sauce :)

It's pretty tasty but has a tang so I need to change it up a lot lol

Scorp first year 26th March

endmarch002.jpg

Choc bhut first year 26th March

endmarch008.jpg

Bih Jolokia 2nd year 26th March

endmarch004.jpg

The fat fatalii plant has been a great producer and seems to have survived all the bug problems. It has fairly big fruit and lots of them so I'll be keeping more of this strain next year. I can't wait to see this plant next year :lol:

Timmmy newbie said:
The fat fatalii plant has been a great producer and seems to have survived all the bug problems. It has fairly big fruit and lots of them so I'll be keeping more of this strain next year. I can't wait to see this plant next year :lol:

Can I bludge some fatalii seeds of you mate? They look the ducks nuts!

Yeah, just pm me your address. I haven't got any seeds or ripe pods at this point but I'll put some aside in a few weeks when I do.

I haven't saved any seeds at all, I guess I should lol

April looks like it should be a good month, all the plants have a decent number of pods and lots of flowers.

Heres todays peppers, I think I could pick this number every week for a while as long as the bugs don't return

aprilstart019.jpg

Thanks dude,

Everything has gone okay I guess. The 7's got hammered but at least the other plants have had a good go.

I took up some sauces to my brothers over the easter break and managed to burn him real good :) lol

I think I should start saving some seeds and drying out the remaining peppers now as I guess the seasons coming to an end

Great to hear alls going well Timmy, what's in the sauce you'r making there?

Timmmy newbie said:
:) Theres a lot more peppers on the plants so I'm happy

I'm making a steak sauce today

aprilsauce004.jpg

Looking good

A steak sauce :) It turned out so good

2 mushrooms
2 tsp brown sugar
175ml mustard seeds
2 tbsp mustard powder
choc bhuts
1 lemon juice
150ml apple cider vin
375ml apple sauce
1 onion
2 tsp home made curry powder
2 tsp rock salt
1-2 tbsp crushed black pepper

It was great on a steak sanga

hey jimmy do you know where I could buy 50 - 100 bottles with the shrink thinky for the top...would'nt mind trying to make a few sauces or two or three or sooooo

Curry powder

2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons ground coriander
2 teasapoons ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon superhots :)

This will make a pretty hot curry, the bad bit is the cost of all the separate ingredients add up. You might want to add more chili powder in if its not hot enough. The original recipe had only 1/2 teaspoon cayenne and was labeled as a mild curry.

Bottles

http://www.cospak.com.au/products.asp?GroupID=115

Around 66cents each all up

Back