event Aussie - Sawtell Chilli Fest 5th July 2008

theHippySeedCo said:
the retarded landlord had to replace gutters, i said "watch round there as Hot, if touch cause they are Naga's blah blah "
he goes "yea Ok no probs"

i get home, making coffee, look out window,, all my plants are trashed,, bout 8 Broken at base and some in 1/2's,, morich's, bonnets, savina;s, Bihs all broken, i was nearly crying

im realllllly pisssed offf

that really sucks man. Revenge is warranted....

Karma will get him...

hey waitt till ya try 1 of these Scotch Bonnet Cup Cakes.. these going on the baking list ,, shit yeaaaaa be great with some of the new goo :)
taking a Cam ? a Test on the Porch of something hahahahahhahaahah dunno what yet, but we will find things :)

Can't you make some really hot Naga ones with a few mashed up worms in and give them to him to say thank you for doing the guttering?

Dang Neil..that's horrid.

I almost feel bad ordering pods now...:shocked:
Hope they bounce back eh?

Have a blast and be safe m8.

-QS

Yaaayyy I made it back.

My ears are ringing & I think theres a piece of my brain missing.

Im damn sure I left some of my liver & sphincter back in sawtell :hell:

I had a great time everyone ....took about a million photos, but its been a real long & enjoyable trip back so I'll get onto posting some stuff tomorrow....now its time for a few lagers

For now though I'll tell you one of the funniest stories. Standing in front of a sauce stall with HippySeed, we ask what kind of chillies are in his sauce, he gives some BS answer (i dont think he knew) - then we spot a scraggly looking little plant on the end of the table.
Seeing our interest he tones in with " Its a Naga Jolokia...its the hottest chilli on earth you know" We start asking him questions (its obviously not a naga jolokia) & he digs a deeper hole by saying the guy he got it from said sometimes they're also called a 'Trinidad'. THSC & I go over for a closer look...Hippy picked it for a small Bih with growth issues...& I found aphids on it. Needless to say we didnt buy any of this clowns sauce lol

But the laugh was on us, last night I heard that he managed to sell that same plant to some bigger clowns for $50 :lol:

Good to be back....more stories to come for sure

:cheers:

we stopped in at my Daughters and stayed up till 2 listening to stepdad Mark's Rare LP collection and partying (the Reggae version of the Dark Side of the Moon Album was Most Excellent) had breakkky drove 5 hrs got home bout 3.30 this arvo.. flat out since, now uploading a few pics of the weekend..

was the bestest weekend ive had in Yearssssss, Dunno how many friends i made geeez, and hahahahaha that Old Bloke,, "excuse me, it says contains chillis', what kind?"
"Red 1's" hahahahahahaha then the Plant thing, and the Guys whom bought the Plant, Clint (shit i met every1) and his mate paid $50 for the plant, and i had like 20 of each Bih , Dorset, Savina Pods on me

BillyBoys Naga Paste, Knocked the Crap out of heaps of people it was Excellent, ill prob even put a post up just on that. 1st person i met was Marcel, that was it love at 1st sight lol,, Paste came out and we Blasted People all Day..

so yea , im still excited and already 10 people want to buy the Chilli Mayo from Lancoora and im bout out,, nicest stuff ever and Katrina was heaps cool and if i wasn't at marcels, with Haggis (thats another story there :) ) i was hanging out at the lancoora watching the fresh chilli basket go downnn

1 guy, wore a Canberra jersy WAS AMAZING,, Bent and i were with Katrina and i was showing her the pickled Bih, this bloke goes "can i try 1, is it hot ?" shit yea go for it, and he did. didn't bat an eye,, Bent and i are waiting for him to go off, nope "oh that was nice" i gave him the bottle of them later in the day..

what a Hoooooottttt :onfire:

getting a stall there next year Definatly

Lots of good stories to come from that weekend...when my head stops buzzing lol. Will go through my pics tomorrow.

That guy in the green jersy was amazing...he honestly didnt flinch...it was a full 2 minutes later when i saw a bead of sweat on him...but he was unfazed.

man i'm already looking for the next one...been searching google for 'taste of byron 2008' cant find anything :shocked:

the 3 Brazilian Dancers :shocked:

yes, we need longer to party hahahahahha

and that was so much fun, i was nearly Chillied out lol

what about the guy in the chilli omp, nearly heaved before the final and wasn't gonna go on, then did it, came 2nd, and toook off so Fast, should be in the Olympic team Geez, dunno where he went though, just took off lol

chillied out..yup , i was up at 3 am with the horrors. Stopped off at Yamba on the way back, grabbed some fresh prawns & dropped in on BB...and was duly chillied again.
Man am I gonna pay for this :lol:

I've got some inquiry's underway about the Byron Bay festival. It doesnt seem to be listed on any of the local calender of events.
Will let you all know when I get replies.

**Sawtell Pics**

I named a bunch of them & put into a zip file.

2.12 MB download:

http://www.alphanerdz.com/sml.zip

They're all half-size of originals to keep the download small so if you want the full size ones PM me. They're also a little crappy because I take them on my phone...it's just easier in so many ways.

:cheers:

Good Pics...even on a cell phone....

Looks like you guys had a blast....

One day, just maybe one day I will be able to visit...

Back