event Aussie - Sawtell Chilli Fest 5th July 2008

(the Reggae version of the Dark Side of the Moon Album was Most Excellent)

Who did that?

the Guys whom bought the Plant, Clint (shit i met every1)

...your ability to remember names is what blows me away.

Cooool pics and the Prawns

yeah i got the cooked ones on the way home - medium Kings for $20/kg, so fresh the shell falls off them. :drooling:

For the ones I cooked up at Sawtell - fresh green prawns - make a small incision through the shell where the legs are with a sharp knife - add jerk sauce & 1/2 cup of water - cover tray with foil & cook on the shelf of BBQ with hood down on low heat for around an hour.
The sauce has cooked into the prawns but they're not soggy.

Reggae version of DOS -- could it be Easy Star All-Stars ? after hearing about this from you guys I looked for it -- Im a big Pink Floyd fan - and I like reggae -- Anyways I have this on disc -- very good I likey

bentalphanerd said:
For now though I'll tell you one of the funniest stories. Standing in front of a sauce stall with HippySeed, we ask what kind of chillies are in his sauce, he gives some BS answer (i dont think he knew) - then we spot a scraggly looking little plant on the end of the table.
Seeing our interest he tones in with " Its a Naga Jolokia...its the hottest chilli on earth you know" We start asking him questions (its obviously not a naga jolokia) & he digs a deeper hole by saying the guy he got it from said sometimes they're also called a 'Trinidad'. THSC & I go over for a closer look...Hippy picked it for a small Bih with growth issues...& I found aphids on it. Needless to say we didnt buy any of this clowns sauce lol

But the laugh was on us, last night I heard that he managed to sell that same plant to some bigger clowns for $50 :lol:

theHippySeedCo said:
was the bestest weekend ive had in Yearssssss, Dunno how many friends i made geeez, and hahahahaha that Old Bloke,, "excuse me, it says contains chillis', what kind?"
"Red 1's" hahahahahahaha then the Plant thing, and the Guys whom bought the Plant, Clint (shit i met every1) and his mate paid $50 for the plant, and i had like 20 of each Bih , Dorset, Savina Pods on me

O.K chapter 3
Last week Katrina from lanacoora chillies (who were next stall along) told me they spent the $50 from the 'Naga Jolokia' sale at her stall buying up her chilli posters with pictures & descriptions on them :lol:

So the 50 clams wound up with her & the funny man is gonna learn about peppers.

Kind of a moral to the story

stillmanz said:
my guess is chillishack am I right??????
I have a sixth sense about these people...

I don't even know (Hippy probably remembers)...i do know i'm gonna video it on my phone next time I see their stall :lol:

It takes a special kind of person to sell something they have no clue about. Next festival I'm going to have a vid going for some of these stands...they're unbelievable

Back