• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Barrackpore 7 Pot Global Grow Log

So Trinicoolieboy was generous enough to send a bunch of seeds to a bunch of folks here and there around the world. Thought it would be interesting to have another one source/ world wide multi grower thread in the spirit of the Nova's Naga thread. Didn't see one going yet, and figured why not?

Just planted the seeds I received a bit ago. Blank peat pellet shots aren't that exciting, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So get planting!!!

IMG_3275.jpg

Hope it's cool to start 'er up and get the ball rolling on this. Kinda just did it without any clearance and will defer to the source! Pretty excited to get some seeds direct from Trinidad though, so couldn't help it! Many thanks Trinicoolieboy!

Here is a picture of my 4' reaching for the sky Barrackpore 7 pod. ;)

it's not as bushy as chilimans, it's been loosing leaves because of a small infestation of thrips. They are still around, but I think they are under control. Those along with the fact it only gets so much light in the basement from the metal halides. At it's current highest point it seems to be 1' 8" tall. It is currently in a 2.5 gallon nursery pot.

edae1843.jpg

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been on the forums for a while, but I'm really glad to see the success you guys have had with the B7P. Posting from my Berry, so hopefully soon I'll be back on the forums once again

Gfgff h

H

Hey Trinnie glad you popped in! My plant is doing well, still a bit smaller than these guys but healthy and getting there!

Things are going pretty good for my B7P as well. The stalk is fairly thick and the plant is growing well under all the floro's. Still only about 1' to 1.5' tall (including pot). Can't wait for it start producing... ONly 4.5 more months to go! :lol:. I don't know what's going to be more painful, the waiting or the first bite into a pod (should it survive)

Hey Blister have you potted yours up yet? The reason why I'm asking is I've already potted mine up 2x. I'm wondering if the size difference is because of the pot sizes, lights or a combo of the 2. I measured mine from the top of the soil, the pot would add an additional 11" to the height. A lot of my other peppers have set pods but I'm still trying to get the 7 pod to set one, no takers yet. Next spring is definetely going to be a hot one once these peppers start rippening.

I haven't potted it up yet matt. I'm trying to keep it small because I don't have a heck of a lot of room under the grow lights. It's still got a long way to go before it gets root bound anyways. I'm planning on keeping it in the pot it's in for a few more months. If it becomes too root bound, I'll trim it back when I pot it up. I'll probably plant it deeper as well to get the roots to start from the stem.

B7PDec1309_02.jpg

B7PDec1309.jpg

It's looking good. It won't be long and you'll start seeing it start to branch again from the first fork. I hear you about limited space under the lights. I have over 50 plants under 2 metal halides. They are getting big, it's been nice getting peppers in November and December though. The coolest part of starting all these peppers so early has been the ability to sample the ripe peppers and any that are not up to par - gone - replant.

I've got about the same amount of plants under 3 4' floro's (6 tubes total). I was only expecting to keep them alive and help them along until summer gets here, but a couple of them are actually setting fruit. The Red Peter has 3 pods and the Tasmanian hab has a couple of pods on the go. Dunno how or why, but they're growing. Hopefully I get to try them and will do the same thing as you mentioned.

all of you guys plants r looking great. can any1 pass a few my way. as i wasnt able to germ any. looking like those plants will me excelent producers.

And it looks like two of my Barrackpore 7 Pot plants have pods. Might take some pictures tomorrow when it's daylight...

MiLK_MaN said:
And it looks like two of my Barrackpore 7 Pot plants have pods. Might take some pictures tomorrow when it's daylight...

OH LUCKY! Mine doesn't have any pods on! I don't even recall if it has flowers at this point. I do have 4 pods on my dorset naga though :)

That is great. Mine still hasn't set any pods yet, it has been flowering but they all have been dropping. I have to get some fertilizer as I ran out, I can see the leaves on a few of my plants starting to lighten up.

Just took a quick pic of my B7P in it's new home. The pot should be big enough to leave it all summer. It's starting to put out a number of buds now and hopefully the damn aphids leave it alone long enough to start producing!

BP-7Pot.jpg

*bump* :)

barrackpore20100713.jpg

Great plant, but I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to the fruits...

Many thanks to trinicoolieboy for the seeds!

*bump* :)
Great plant, but I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to the fruits...Many thanks to trinicoolieboy for the seeds!

I'll see your bump and add more bumpage to the mix!
7potbarrackpore6391584.jpg

I'm with ya, mate. Love the plant, scared as all get out of the pods.
Trini, you da man.

Back