• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Barrackpore 7 Pot Global Grow Log

So Trinicoolieboy was generous enough to send a bunch of seeds to a bunch of folks here and there around the world. Thought it would be interesting to have another one source/ world wide multi grower thread in the spirit of the Nova's Naga thread. Didn't see one going yet, and figured why not?

Just planted the seeds I received a bit ago. Blank peat pellet shots aren't that exciting, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So get planting!!!

IMG_3275.jpg

Hope it's cool to start 'er up and get the ball rolling on this. Kinda just did it without any clearance and will defer to the source! Pretty excited to get some seeds direct from Trinidad though, so couldn't help it! Many thanks Trinicoolieboy!

Yeah, that is a small peak into my basement jungle. Those are all my small plants on the table. You can catch a small glimpse of my bigger plants on the ground (at the bottom of pic). The few leaves you see are of a limon, I took a bite of one of the young pods and it was surprisingly hot. I'll have to remember to not do that with the 7-pot.

Thanks Pepp.

Best to you gettin those through the winter Matt Berry- you're gonna have a helluva jump on this next season, lookin good!

Yeah, I'm just hoping that I don't run out of room. I have about 25 on the floor in 2.5 gallon pots, and another 25 or so in the 6" pots. A lot of them are already flowering and setting pods, I wasn't really expecting them to flower as much under the metal halides as most people say you need HPS for that stage, but mine are going crazy. Probably will be picking pods in December. I'll probably have a few pepper trees by the time everything is said and done. Hopefully they'll stay happy until May, as that is when things start to warm up a bit around here.

The majority of my seeds sprouted, I think I'll end up growing 3 plants. I've got 2 that have about 5 sets of leaves, and we have hit 30C temperatures all this week.

Can't wait to try one of these, and make a sauce out of them.

setback

Well, no pics- none really necessary as there isn't much to take pics of.

A few weeks ago we had a cold night followed by a windy day. The plant looked pretty jacked, it had some roots going into the lower reservoir and musta got chilly feet. I put a cage around it to help protect it from the high winds, that shredded up a bunch of the big leaves. Ended up bringing it inside under a light and the aphids set in. Sprayed it off one day with the hose outside, had to take off for a bit and it ended up tipping over and snappin off. So anyway, hacked it up and tryin to clone it indoors but they ain't lookin so hot. Still a few newly hatched lurker aphids on the cuttings and it's a bitch tryin to get them and not f up the goods in the process.

Maybe I'll get a taker, not sure yet. I still have a few more seeds that I'll germ this January as a backup.

Bringing them in from outside has really presented me a problem with aphids as well. They're everywhere and just don't seem to go away. I've been using safer soap and spraying them down almost on a daily basis, but it's really not taking care of the problem. I'm actually considering putting a small heater in the greenhouse, moving the plants out into there for an hour or so and giving them a shot of Sevin. Talk about a PITA.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck boutros. I've been battling a few pests so far this year. A few of my plants in the back got hit by spider mites, I hate those nasty buggers. I also had / have a small thrips and white fly infestation. The couple of ladybug friends I had overwinter with my plants have helped along with a few spray downs in the sink. Some of my plants look pitiful, but they are hanging on.

My 7 pot pod is now in a 2.5 gallon nursery pot and doing well. Its been producing a few flowers here and there but none have set yet, I've been waiting for one to set so I could post it.

Thanks on the well wishes guys. The clones weren't successful. Too many fiascos goin on. But I'll try again w/ the couple seeds I have soon.

lol, i was alittle optimistic, but not by that much... piccy is deceiving.
Thats a 10ltr pot. (with pot i might get there :) )

chilliman said:
lol, i was alittle optimistic, but not by that much... piccy is deceiving.
Thats a 10ltr pot. (with pot i might get there :) )

sure sure sure Ian...do you stuff socks down your pants too :lol:;)

I WANT SCALE! Surely you have a rule around somewhere or have you "lost" that for some reason today!! :rofl:

Back