Beer Here

So I have beer again.  An APA and a hoppy hefeweisen kegged.  Put down a couple of fresh fresh wort kits a few weeks ago as didn't have time to brew and freaking over buying the stuff.  Definitely worth picking up if short on time, much better than can kits as it is basically wort made by someone else rather then dehydrated wort syrups.    Pilsner to be kegged today, and then the fridges are free for my own recipes next week!  

Cheers!! 

No chill at a guess to save sanitising the containers - wort post boil in 5 gallon plastic water containers.  Pretty decent actually, the APA is a rye amarillo, very tasty.  the hoppy hefe has a decent dose of mosaic which goes nicely with the hefe style.  

Basically ferment with preferred yeast.  20 minutes and you have a brew on.  Cheaper than buying, more expensive than brewing at home.  But points for convenience.  Pretty popular here.  

A link to another brewery in Aus that does them to see what I mean.  

http://www.cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/index.php/beer-kits-recipe-packs/all-grain-fresh-wort-kits

Hoppy Hefe in some saaz hops!

Cheers! 

Attachments

• IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 72
IMO, you'll never have fine control over such a small batch size ... nothing can be measured accurately enough to be dialed in finely ...

In other news, I got 99 problems but bottling ain't one! ...
Looks good, though ...

:CHEERS:

Is your computer fix not going smoothly?

grantmichaels said:
IMO, you'll never have fine control over such a small batch size ... nothing can be measured accurately enough to be dialed in finely ...

In other news, I got 99 problems but bottling ain't one! ...Looks good, though ...

:CHEERS:

tctenten said:
Is your computer fix not going smoothly?

Just have a difficult batch of work right now, primarily ... at a time of year w/ the shortest day length ...

I'm not able to stay up late-late as readily when it's getting dark at 5PM as I can when it gets dark at 9PM ...

My circadian rhythm is highly photosensitive, is all ...

Add a little stress for the time of year, and a little more for Danielle and I just being the people we are ... and it's kind of a just get through it period these past couple of weeks ...

I am about to crack a beer and do it in a more relaxed manner, so there's that at least!

No TD for me, though ... had to opt for walking the dogs and doing some chores as a priority ... at least the dogs aren't going to be nudgy this afternoon, now =)

Looks nice ... glad you like it ... looks like you are ready to start doing beer from recipe, with freshly-milled grist ...

Then you'll start to get the one's that are as good or better than the commercial one's ;) ...

The best tasting IPA I've ever had, is my own #Fresh #TopsDevilDancer ...

grantmichaels said:
Looks nice ... glad you like it ... looks like you are ready to start doing beer from recipe, with freshly-milled grist ...

Then you'll start to get the one's that are as good or better than the commercial one's ;) ...

The best tasting IPA I've ever had, is my own #Fresh #TopsDevilDancer ...

Yup looking forward to it.  Last kit will be brewed either tomorrow or next weekend.  

The stout tastes over carbonated as well.  I think for the last kit I am going to cut back a little on the bottling sugar.  I like the taste of this but it does not have that creamy or silky mouth feel that I like in a stout.   It has fizz.

tctenten said:

Yup looking forward to it.  Last kit will be brewed either tomorrow or next weekend.  

The stout tastes over carbonated as well.  I think for the last kit I am going to cut back a little on the bottling sugar.  I like the taste of this but it does not have that creamy or silky mouth feel that I like in a stout.   It has fizz.

Pour it onto itself more instead of down the glass, and it'll release more CO2 during the pour I think ...

I don't like metallic over-carbonated stout either, but it can be dissipated pretty readily in the pour I'd think ...

Back