Beer Here

All done.  I forgot to take gravity reading after mash… :doh:   The OG was 1.047  Brix 12.  I missed Bumpers target of 1.056.  Went pretty smooth for my first non kit brew and I just have to remember to dry hop in 5 days.   

Yes I stirred it about every 20 minutes.  The wort had the greenest hue of the few beers I have done so far.   It smelled pretty good but this was the most hops I have used versus the other kits.  

tctenten said:
Yes I stirred it about every 20 minutes.  The wort had the greenest hue of the few beers I have done so far.   It smelled pretty good but this was the most hops I have used versus the other kits.  

Which recipe is this? ... which hops? ...

Bumper said:
Bumpers cascade smash IPA (now in imperial) 

OG 1.056
FG 1.016
IBU 73
Colour 12.3 SRM

9.89lb pale malt ( I use marris otter)
0.85 oz special B
0.46oz Munich malt
0.8 oz columbus hops (at 60min)
4.82 oz cascade at 10 min
0.7 oz galaxy hops at 5 days.
US-05 yeast 

Mash at 153c
Boil for 60 min

Ferment at 66c

Pulling it back around ... looks like a nice recipe to me ... the magic won't be obvious until you dry-hop w/ those Galaxy hops ...

grantmichaels said:
I don't have a LHBS ...

We had a dingy one that was around forever near the airport ...

It missed (way too early) the timing and flamed out years and years ahead of the increased popularity of homebrewing ...

It was a shit-hole place that I recall driving past as a child in the early 80's, in Bradentucky ...

I have to order in ...
. Mine is 3 minutes drive away #didnotfeatureintohousepurchasedecisionwhatsoever
tctenten said:
All done.  I forgot to take gravity reading after mash… :doh:   The OG was 1.047  Brix 12.  I missed Bumpers target of 1.056.  Went pretty smooth for my first non kit brew and I just have to remember to dry hop in 5 days.
. Congrats! It will still be tasty at that OG, closer to 5% but that makes it a great sessional beer!

Bumper said:
. Mine is 3 minutes drive away #didnotfeatureintohousepurchasedecisionwhatsoever
. Congrats! It will still be tasty at that OG, closer to 5% but that makes it a great sessional beer!

I have not dry hopped yet.  Just dump the hops in?  Any mixing, swirling?  How long before bottling and do I need to rack to a secondary ferment?  

Ozzy2001 said:
Don't dry hop until it's done fermenting or at least slowed down tremendously. How were the hops? They smelled great to me.
Not here yet. I grabbed some pellets the other night. I will use them in my next brew.

grantmichaels said:
No ferm shots (again) ...

Man, I tell ya ...

how do you post a video?  I do not know how.
image.jpeg

View attachment trim.9E9DF610-345D-48A9-9ED5-DD836CC63297.MOV

Bubbling away.

tctenten said:

how do you post a video?  I do not know how.

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

attachicon.gif
trim.9E9DF610-345D-48A9-9ED5-DD836CC63297.MOV

Bubbling away.

nice ...

i upload them directly to youtube right from the Photos area on iOS ... then copy the URL to the Youtube page into the body of the Reply here and the forum software handles the IFRAME embed or whatever ...

video downloaded ... looks like a successful ferm to me ...

Back