Beer Here

I just ran all of the numbers manually to better understand efficiency/gravity etc. Fortunately numbers are my thing and my hand run numbers jived with beersmiths. I look forward to seeing what my efficiency is for this brew, that way I will have a baseline for future brews.

It also has given me a better understanding on how to build my own recipe to suit my tastes going forward. I did not realize how big of a deal knowing your efficiency number.

I just ran all of the numbers manually to better understand efficiency/gravity etc. Fortunately numbers are my thing and my hand run numbers jived with beersmiths. I look forward to seeing what my efficiency is for this brew, that way I will have a baseline for future brews.

It also has given me a better understanding on how to build my own recipe to suit my tastes going forward. I did not realize how big of a deal knowing your efficiency number.

now you probably see why I'm sending a recipe instead of a kit to the next person I'm helping to start ;) ...

Mexican hot chocolate perhaps?

was waiting until i had 3x for free shipping..

that one was #3, #2 was the pecan, and I'd originally put the rye-pa in my cart ...

lol ...

for the relaxing, therapeutic brew w/ ice chilling and nothing to clean but a pot and a strainer ;) ...

You still need to brew that pecan pie brew GM.  If its good I want to copy it.  I already have a dessert beer in my keg or I would give it a shot soon.  Next for me is the Imp then a split batch Belgian wit for my wife (and me :) )

After this batch, assuming all goes well, I think I will keg next one.

I have a bit of beer backlog at the moment. Haven't had one all week and I really need to get through the rest of my store bought stuff.

What I really want is to really like one of these beers I am brewing and have it kegged for the summertime down by the pool.

tctenten said:

I have a bit of beer backlog at the moment. Haven't had one all week and I really need to get through the rest of my store bought stuff.

What I really want is to really like one of these beers I am brewing and have it kegged for the summertime down by the pool.
Summertime????!!!!!!   You could drink through a couple of kegs by then :)

You still need to brew that pecan pie brew GM.  If its good I want to copy it.  I already have a dessert beer in my keg or I would give it a shot soon.  Next for me is the Imp then a split batch Belgian wit for my wife (and me :) )

i will probably smash together that recipe and my recipe for the Mild, re-jiggy it a bit, and brew it up soon ...

wtf?

you will have do much beer before then ffs ...
Summertime????!!!!!!   You could drink through a couple of kegs by then :)

seriously, this guy!

grantmichaels said:
i will probably smash together that recipe and my recipe for the Mild, re-jiggy it a bit, and brew it up soon ...

nice!  That truly sounds like a great beer if it works out well.  At least for a pecan pie lover like myself.  

Anyone else feeling the beerz?  :crazy:

Not expecting the beer to still be here in the summertime....Kegging will be next . Then once summertime is here, I want to enjoy my homebrew out of a keg. I want that keg to be in a cooler, floating around in my pool next to me. Pretty sure it will be a session style IPA.

Not expecting the beer to still be here in the summertime....Kegging will be next . Then once summertime is here, I want to enjoy my homebrew out of a keg. I want that keg to be in a cooler, floating around in my pool next to me. Pretty sure it will be a session style IPA.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452314013.367566.jpg

if you could only post his original laugh with that pic

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Alright...you guys twisted my arm. I will have a beer with you.
WOOOORRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!!  

I think session style IPAs are going to be my thing for awhile to try a bunch of different hops.  A 2 gallon batch is perfect to try something quick and if you really love it do it again, or jump up to a 5 gal.
Rudie inc!!!
Rudie says that Sessions are where its at bro

and he looks cool as shit, so I trust him

I just keep smelling this beer in between drinks.  It smells so good.  

So there is this guy that works for us.  He's been brewing before me.  I gave him some of those Cascade hops and yesterday I brought the open bag of Citra with nothing in it that had been open for 6 days.  He was like oh damn, that smells amazing.  He still brews extract and shit.  Its good stuff though.  He always brings me a bottle and vice versa.  I have a feeling though that he will be inclined to at least try some citra hops as opposed to whatever comes in the kits he buys.  He's almost 70, so I don't know that he will change his ways.

Back