Beer Here

RocketMan said:
I still have a couple Warlock and my Publix still has it. Look at ABC they usually have several Southern Tiers aside from the Creme Brulee.

Yeah, ABC is where I tend to go (when I go) aside from Publix (booooooooo), but they never had Warlock this year ...

Choklat, and Orange one, but no Warlock =\

First kegging attempt will be tomorrow. Beer (3gallons) is currently in fridge cold crashing. I plan to bottle 1 gallon and keg what is left. I have a couple of questions.

I am using a brand new keg and will sanitize and then run some sanitizer through the picnic tap.

Should I bother taking apart and sanitizing poppets?

image.png

Using this chart, with my fridge at approx 35/36f I should use about 8 or 9 psi?

Do you guys put a blanket of CO2 in before the beer or just fill and then purge the O2.

Any tips, recommendations lemme know. Any of my plan look wrong, please lemme know.

tctenten said:
Should I bother taking apart and sanitizing poppets?

Do you guys put a blanket of CO2 in before the beer or just fill and then purge the O2.

1st ?: no.
2nd ?: no.

On the 1st ? I think I'm right, and the 2nd I don't think I'm right, but it is what it is ...

I'd always planned to do closed-system transfers from the ferm corny to the service corny, and once I actually start to do those, it'll solve that ...

So far, I've been pouring gently from one keg to the other, and then purging the headspace afterwards to minimize the oxidation ...

I wouldn't bother taking new stuff apart either. I will when it has been used though. It's so easy to taken apart. It's probably a minute chance of any infection, but I'd be super pissed if I ruined a 5 gal batch by not doing something so simple

Ozzy2001 said:
I wouldn't bother taking new stuff apart either. I will when it has been used though. It's so easy to taken apart. It's probably a minute chance of any infection, but I'd be super pissed if I ruined a 5 gal batch by not doing something so simple
I will for future batches.

In other news...specifically Pliny news...

My buddy went to buy some yesterday and guy was sold out, but told him he will hold 2 for him next week. The store owner also told him another spot to check. He was telling me that it is still hard to get and they are very snobbish in their distribution. I will hound him until he fills my order...so to borrow a Game Of Thrones reference...Just like winter, Pliny is coming.

image.jpeg

Fg 1.012 after temp correction

ABV 5%

Very happy with the clarity and I am sure it tastes nothing like it was supposed to. Kegging went very smooth. Keg and CO2 tank in fridge doing there thing. I may have a sample later on. Just hope we do not lose power today.

wheebz said:
pretty clear for homebrew

Thanks, all the great tips I get here are helpful.   First time that I used a Whirfloc tablet.  I guess it did it's job.   How are you doing with all the snow?  

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

Fg 1.012 after temp correction

ABV 5%

Very happy with the clarity and I am sure it tastes nothing like it was supposed to. Kegging went very smooth. Keg and CO2 tank in fridge doing there thing. I may have a sample later on. Just hope we do not lose power today.

Pliny the Smallz looking really good ...

Back