Beer Here

image.jpeg

Time to play with the peppers.

Tonight I had my first hiccup. I opened a bottle of the BBS Choc/Maple Porter and we had a gusher. I opened it at room temp as opposed to cold. I put one in fridge and will try again tomorrow

tctenten said:
Tonight I had my first hiccup. I opened a bottle of the BBS Choc/Maple Porter and we had a gusher. I opened it at room temp as opposed to cold. I put one in fridge and will try again tomorrow
How'd it taste? =)

After discussing it with Ozzy, I am going to try and bottle Piney The Baby from my keg.  I am going to use  a "poor mans beer gun" and see how it goes.   

I have them in the same fridge as the keg.  Going to do 2 bottles just as a test.  I had an extra racking cane and the stopper so before I spend $$ on a real beer gun I will see how this is.  

wheebz said:
condensation, oxygen, blowing a bunch of CO2 out of solution, mold
I bottled 3 as a test. Followed some procedures I saw on YouTube. A few of the videos claimed the cold bottles, being the same temp as the cold beer would limit foam. Another common theme was that if you bottle on foam, all of the oxygen is gone. That actually makes sense to me . In about a week I will pop one open and pour it side by side with a fresh one from the keg.

Back