Beer Here

oxication will take longer than a week, unless you bottled them without purging the bottle at all, and then if thats the case you deserve to have them taste like shit

wheebz said:
oxication will take longer than a week, unless you bottled them without purging the bottle at all, and then if thats the case you deserve to have them taste like shit

No purging.  

So I guess you are saying if I want to bottle beer that I have in my keg, I should get one of the beer guns that purges first and fills second?  I trust your opinion implicitly over the tons of stuff I find on the interwebz. 

Really the only reason I want to bottle some beer that I have kegged is to share with you guys.   

tctenten said:

No purging.  

So I guess you are saying if I want to bottle beer that I have in my keg, I should get one of the beer guns that purges first and fills second?  I trust your opinion implicitly over the tons of stuff I find on the interwebz. 

Really the only reason I want to bottle some beer that I have kegged is to share with you guys.   

Buy a BeerGun, and tell Danielle we said Hi ;)
tctenten said:

It'll be the only reason I use mine, too, but I'm excited about sharing some beers w/ ya'll ...

I think I'll take mine out tomorrow and try to bottle some beer ... so I can have slots to brew Wheebz' beer and Deebo into ...

the other option is have a second T coming off of your regulator, and toss a valve half way in the hose, and purge out each bottle with CO2 before you fill it, but thats a huge pain in the ass

although if you are only filling a couple bottles, its definitely the cheapest

image.jpeg

First glass of mead. Kinda reminds me of white wine. I will need to buy some from the liquor store to compare.

Ozzy2001 said:
I had a sample of a mead at the bar the other day. Special B or something like that. It was pretty good.
Actually it was B. Nektar by Dudes Rug. Just looked it up.
B. Nektar's Dude's Rug, I think ...

You can visit them from Clearwater, I think ...
tctenten said:
On my second glass….I wish I could explain what I am tasting.  It is growing on me.  I think I will give it another try.  
I felt the same. It grows on you - and the high abv is appreciated by me.

tctenten said:
My order finally arrived, so there is a pretty good chance that I brew Wheebz porter this weekend.  

Wheebz or Grant the flaked oats were not crushed/ground is that ok?  They look like oatmeal.

That's correct ...

Wheebz will be happy someone is brewing his beer ...

okay ... doesn't get any easier than that one ... single-infusion, single-temp mash, single bittering addition, no starter needed for 2.5-3 gallon batch ...

Easy!

grantmichaels said:
okay ... doesn't get any easier than that one ... single-infusion, single-temp mash, single bittering addition, no starter needed for 2.5-3 gallon batch ...

Easy!

Yes!  I just want to pay more attention to my water amounts for the mash and then ultimately for the boil.  I am also going to throw a small amount of the pickle crisp in to see if it helps with my ph issues from the last batch.

Danielle just asked if I could brew something that she likes, something like Corona Light.  I threw her a $20 and gave her directions to the closest beer store.  

tctenten said:

Yes!  I just want to pay more attention to my water amounts for the mash and then ultimately for the boil.  I am also going to throw a small amount of the pickle crisp in to see if it helps with my ph issues from the last batch.

Danielle just asked if I could brew something that she likes, something like Corona Light.  I threw her a $20 and gave her directions to the closest beer store.  

there's a recipe from Wheebz using WLP944 for a Mexican-like Lager that i fully intend to brew one day ...

it's somewhere on the earliest pages of my thread ...
As for the total water, it's 2.5/3 = x/18qt ... solve for x ...
15/18 = x/18
x=15

Use 15 qt's of water ...

Back