Beer Here

so you guys do realize you have to keep your beer out of the light right?

stop taking pictures of clear fermenters

from the time that beer gets hops added to it, it shouldnt see light at all

not even for 30 seconds while you take a picture

wheebz said:
so you guys do realize you have to keep your beer out of the light right?

stop taking pictures of clear fermenters

from the time that beer gets hops added to it, it shouldnt see light at all

not even for 30 seconds while you take a picture

Check....no more pics. It is out of the light....except for the picture taking.

Very happy when I saw activity in the blow off tube this morning on the Summer Wheat from yesterday.

its good

its not go out of your way to buy a bottle for 100+ dollars good

if you want an almost identical beer, get a St Bernardus 12

same original recipe and brewer, same yeast, like 6 miles away from each other in Belgium

I've had SB12 ... they carried a strong selection of the Belgian beers at Total Wine when I did my initial foray into beer like 5-6 years ago ...

That was when I had Double Dead-Guy Ale, BORIS, 8ball Stout, Rasputin, Chimay, and that nasty German shite: Schlenkerla Rausch* ...

I drank singles of like 125x beers one summer trying to find some beer I liked ...

There were like 10x that I loved, and like 15-20x that I was ok w/, and like 100x that were meh ...

This just reminded me that I did like a Rogue that was made to a chef's spec w/ Sorachi Ace that I liked, though ... I might have to do a beer w/ that hop, now, actually ...

image.jpeg

Well it is beer.

I will drink it, but glad it is a one gallon batch.

Yep.  Red Ale.  

Pretty sure under attenuated.  Only used 1/3 of the recommended sugar and it was like I shook it before opening.   The stout will be interesting to see if I have the same issue.  The Summer Wheat is still bubbling away in the blow off jar and I think will be my best effort so far.   

Working on some labels.  Very basic.  Will be for identification purposes once they are bottled…and for when I give some away.  

summer_wheat.jpg

Oatmeal_Stout2.jpg

grantmichaels said:
I've had SB12 ... they carried a strong selection of the Belgian beers at Total Wine when I did my initial foray into beer like 5-6 years ago ...

That was when I had Double Dead-Guy Ale, BORIS, 8ball Stout, Rasputin, Chimay, and that nasty German shite: Schlenkerla Rausch* ...

I drank singles of like 125x beers one summer trying to find some beer I liked ...

There were like 10x that I loved, and like 15-20x that I was ok w/, and like 100x that were meh ...

This just reminded me that I did like a Rogue that was made to a chef's spec w/ Sorachi Ace that I liked, though ... I might have to do a beer w/ that hop, now, actually ...

I've done the same thing back when i still had money. Was hard for me to find beers I really liked and when I did I would get tired of them quick. 

Hoegaarden was a favorite for a long time but I don't know what's up with it. Been rare that I find a case that I enjoy. Not sure if it's storage issues or brew it self. Most the time it's just been tasting like lame crappy beer. Going to assume it's a storage issue. Last good batch I had was a 6 pack at a crappy liquor store. 

Hopefully I score some gumball head soon. I should swing by the store tomorrow night on way to work and see if the shipment came in. 
I like the summer wheat label will look great on amber bottle

image.jpg

I have been poking around looking for 2-3 gallon recipes and I came across this one. Why is the post - boil volume higher than the batch size? Is this normal with bigger batch sizes?

I just tried a peanut butter porter a few weeks ago at a beer fest. Can't say I was a big fan. I'm a huge peanut butter guy too so I possibly had too high of hopes. Let's just say I'm not sure I would want more than a 6er of it.

Ozzy2001 said:
I just tried a peanut butter porter a few weeks ago at a beer fest. Can't say I was a big fan. I'm a huge peanut butter guy too so I possibly had too high of hopes. Let's just say I'm not sure I would want more than a 6er of it.

I can see how that might be the case, too ...

I guess it probably depends on how many slots you have, whether or not you'd want that to be one of them ...

Looks pretty ... the head looks pretty good and whatnot  ...

Fruit beer is probably hit or miss throughout the category, I imagine, LOL ... I've never had the beer from that kit =) ...

It actually finished up pretty nicely.  Happy for my first attempt.  Will be all gone tonight.  A gallon really wasn't as much as I thought, but a perfect size to test a recipe.  Oatmeal stout gets bottled this sunday when I get back from playing in the woods.  

Can you tell if it's just a beer that you don't care for, or is there an off flavor in particular that's making it a little offensive? ...

Back