Beer Review Feedback

congrats on the successful batch o' beer. i actually just finished reading a book about beer and the last section was going over home brewing. once i'm settled in for a while, i plan on acquiring all the needed parts and ingredients and trying again.

I highly recommend it. Out of 20 or so batches, even my worst one was still far better than anything budweiser ever made, and actually cheaper than buying even cheap beer.

"Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence" by xgrafcorex

Oh, I've never even heard of that. It sounds delightful.

Must add to my Christmas list!

i had never heard of it either until i saw the gift box at the store. i was excited to try it..too much so i think. was a little let down..still a good beer, just not what i was hoping for since i like the other ommegang offerings. i figured belgian style stout + chocolate = epic beer. don't want to rain on your hopes and dreams pertaining to this beer, each person certainly has different tastes..i just think this beer could've been better. needs more chocolate.

Bryan, have you tried Rouge's Chocolate Stout? It delivers the chocolate flavor in spades. Not really my mug of suds but it's interesting and I can see it as a nice 'dessert beer".

yep, that stuff is pretty tasty. i think i still prefer the shakespeare stout. i have a new on in the fridge i'm looking forward to. ridgeway brewing co from the UK the beer is called Lump of coal stout. reviews i've read weren't great..but i'll see for my self.

well, i guess this is sort of the feedback/random posts about beer thread, so this is as good as anywhere to post. just got back from my grandma's house up in the detroit area and had plenty of new beers, and also picked up some to bring back with me to missouri. had a few different beers from the great lakes brewing co...couldn't find their blackout stout though. :( had some founder's porter on tap..i'd have to say it's one of my favorite porters now.. it was delicious. had some other cherry porter on tap that i can't remember who brewed it. it reminded me a lot of a red wine, while still tasting like a porter.

thanks to my uncles, i also had some bell's best brown, some local ipa (King's), and found out a few stores to go to as well. there we bought some bell's pale ale, bell's porter, and some magic hat #9 "not quite pale ale".

thanks to out waitress at this irish pub we went to, my brother and i spent about an hour in this one liquor store with an impressive selection of beer from all over the place. i walked out with some stone 11th anniversary ale, bert grant's imperial stout, new holland mad hatter IPA (a michigan local), weihenstephaner vitus (weizenbock), and for tonight..a small bottle of johnnie black label. nothing too fancy as far as scotch goes..but the store wasn't the cheapest unfortunately, and i had already spent enough on beer.

oh! and i grabbed a package of dave's insanity popcorn while i was there. :hell:

now my problem is deciding between the stone or the bert grant's for tonight. can't find this type of stuff here in mexico, MO..so i'm trying not to drink it all too fast.

xgrafcorex said:
yep, that stuff is pretty tasty. i think i still prefer the shakespeare stout. i have a new on in the fridge i'm looking forward to. ridgeway brewing co from the UK the beer is called Lump of coal stout. reviews i've read weren't great..but i'll see for my self.

It's hard to beat the Shakespeare Stout, but don't give up on the Chocolate Stout until you're tried it on tap.

I'm envious of your Grant's score. I never see it any where anymore. I read that the brewery got into some financial problems a while back. Their Perfect Porter was my favorite session beer, and I really miss it.

To everyone posting random (non review) posts in the beer review thread, I just wanted to remind you that this thread is for all the side conversation/comments. The other thread is solely for reviews. ;)

xgrafcorex said:
To everyone posting random (non review) posts in the beer review thread, I just wanted to remind you that this thread is for all the side conversation/comments. The other thread is solely for reviews. ;)

What he said. Please don't make me have to delete or move posts... too much work! :hell:

Back