BEER!

Anderson Valley Brewing Company
Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema
Cream Ale
5.6% ABV

Pours a dark copper color with nice carbonation and a small head. Leaves a nice bit of lacing. Nice malty, spicy scents. There's a nice sweet taste, malty, with some orange notes. Medium Body. This is an awesome session beer, very easy to drink. When I first took a sip I knew this is a totally different kind of beer, I highly recommend this beer to everyone, to at least try it once, but I'm sure you will try it again and again. :beer: :beer:

Cheers!

So we racked off a keg of imperial milk stout that we brew, and then turn into Creme Brulee today, but we got it before it went into the filter and all the extra vanilla gets added

its basically a cask imperial stout

:drool:

came in at 10.8 percent too, higher than usual

Do you take PayPal??

Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project
Our Finest Regards
22oz. Bomber
Barleywine Style Ale
Winter 2010/2011
13.5% ABV

Poured into a chalice a nice cloudy grape color, nice carbonation, nice little fizzy off-white head, which does leave some sticky lacing behind. The nose is malty, grapy, with some figs, raisins, plums. The taste is sweet, malty, grapy, with a nice touch of dark fruits. Medium Body, no way this is 13.5% ABV, goes down very nicely. A very tasty brew. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheers!

today its mill st coffee porter
pour dark but lets light in around the edges laces well 1.5 finger head
2011-07-05223521.jpg

aroma dark roasted coffee and chocolate verry faint though
taste dark chocolate and cofee up front that melts into malty molasses butteryness with an after taste of almost grass or japanese green tea

drinkability its full bodied so its a chewy one lightly carbed so if you like thick beer you may get a few down

overall not too bad but not worth a 4 hour trip to get 6.5/10

Southern Tier's Imperial Creme Brulee Stout
22oz Bomber
Imperial Stout
10%abv
25* plato
2-row pale malt
dark caramel malt
vanilla bean
lactose sugar
kettle hops: columbus
aroma hops: horizon

100_9301.jpg

Fatastic full body, vanilla aroma, nice mouthfeel. Tastes a bit of toffee and vanilla. Finishes a little dry and hoppy/bitter. Thanks Wheebz.

So we racked off a keg of imperial milk stout that we brew, and then turn into Creme Brulee today, but we got it before it went into the filter and all the extra vanilla gets added

its basically a cask imperial stout

:drool:

came in at 10.8 percent too, higher than usual

Gonna need some of that!

+10 JayT, if there's a line for samples where does it start!

annother winnipeg half pints

little scrapper IPA (50ibu)
1122.jpg

pour golden amber with a large white head that sticks around for a while and laces decently

aroma is floral citrus and pine hops

flavor floral hops then a bit of cristal malts and finishes with tolerable bitterness

drinkability its medium bodied with a spritzy carbonation thats neither light or strong.

i like this one its a good ipa a little on the bitter side but it is 50ibu not the most bitter or the least not quite as balanced as hoptical illusion that and its almost imposible to get localy so HI gets the top spot but LS IPA is more flavorfull in the hops department so i'd give it a 7.5/10 and if i could get it i'd buy more.

312 is a staple at every bar in chicago, and its a great beer

i feel bad for you drinking the rumspringa, considering its loaded with diketones and super under carbonated

Tonight a very tasty DIPA.

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Double Galaxy Single Hop IPA
750ml Growler
Swing-Top
Double IPA
8.2% ABV

Poured into a DFH glass a very nice cloudy golden yellowish color, nice carbonation, very nice one-finger plus creamy off-white head, with some nice sticky lacing to follow. The nose is a hop bomb, with some nice malt notes, lots of citrus, and a very nice touch of pine notes, also some spice notes. The taste is very nice, hoppy, slight maltyness, sweet, lots of nice citrus/pine notes. Medium Body, ABV hidden very well with this one, very nice subtle dry/bitter finish. Goes down very very easy, slightly chewy. Never heard of this Galaxy Hop from Australia before, but it is very nice. WOW! This is definitely a very tasty DIPA on the lower side of things. Glad to have gotten a chance to try it, Thanks Kyle! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheers!

This Afternoon

Three Heads Brewing
The Kind IPA
6.8% ABV
22oz. Bomber

Pours a nice cloudy yellow/orange color, nice carbonation, nice little fizzy off-white head, with some minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is mostly malty, with some hops, some citrus, slight pine notes. The taste is malty, with some hops thrown in, citrus, slightly piney. Medium Body, nice dry/bitter finish. A nice brew, was expecting more though, glad to have gotten a chance to try it though. :beer: :beer:

Cheers!

Back