• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Brekkie Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This is heating up BIG TIME!

The Godfather

12 Grain Whole Grain Bread
Pancetta
Prosciutto
Eggs
Lemons
Butter
Jalapeno Peppers
Bell Pepper
Onion
Mozzeralla Cheese
Sharp Cheader Cheese
Baby Spinich
Smoked Haba-Peno Powder

The Godfather starts a great 12 Grain Bread toasted but not overly so. The bottom piece is buttered and a slice of Sharp Cheader Cheese placed.

Next Piece of a Frittata is added. The Frittata is made with Jalapenos, Bell Peppers, Onion, Baby Spinach, Pancetta and Prosciutto. Once all the ingredients are sauteed 6 eggs are added and some Mozzeralla Cheese. Blended to combine all and placed into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes then reduced to 325 for an additiona 15 minutes.

While the Frittata is baking its time to sauce some Peppers and Onions. Thin slice the peppers and onion and add to a preheated pan with 2 Tbs of Olive Oil and a clove of Garlic. Saute till the onions are tranlucent.

Last a nice dolop of Hollandaise Sauce is added. This is made by whisking together 4 Egg Yolks and a Tablespoon of lemon Juice till is is thick and about doubled in volume. The a half cup of melted butter is drizzled in with the pot over medium heat. Some like to use a water bath for this. Once it has all come together and thickened a good pinch of Haba-Peno Powder is added.Spirnkle some diced fresh Cayennes and relax and enjoy.

Since this was a brunch and nice dry Pinot Grigo was perfect

100_3198.jpg

100_3199.jpg

Cheers

Simple Sammie (I forgot to put the rest of the fried potatoes on the plate for the picture)

Ingredients: toasted bread, over-easy fried egg, smoked ham, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, red and green bells, fried potatoes, salt, pepper, cojack cheese.

023.jpg

032.jpg

Thanks to all for the advise and the comments. I am re-posting my final shots.

Nice! Love the fried taters on there.

I'd put one prep pic in there, and then pic one above so we can see all the goings on! Pic 1 = Money!

tfergy - EXCELLENT show, especially for a first-timer. Glad you chose to join in!

RM - Had to laugh at myself a tad, because when I first saw the sammie, I thought the bells were green beans! LOL Nice entry - now can ya fix the spacing, or are you telling us you just moved to Washington???? ;)

Arrange your final pics like this, trust me here:

023.jpg

032.jpg

Yeah tfergy, Those veggies in the foreground is a common mistake.

They interfere with the sandwich itself. Do as Boss suggested... mucho bettero.

Sitting in a hotel room during drill weekend......

....wishing someone would invite me to breakfast.

At least I have Jalapeno Cheese White Castles and beer. :rolleyes:

everything looking good! im going to bed have to get up early. im going to make a sandwhich inthe morning so i be posting that .

Ok, just tried to adjust spacign and when I saved it they were all spaced out again. So I don't think I can fix it. It's actually happened to me before and I couldnt adjust them. I wonder it the large font at the bagining is causing it, any thoughts there boss?

Moved to Washington........ HAhahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! I actually work for the county and one of the buildings I work in that houses many police offices is right across the alley from a "Green Cafe" Kinda ironic......

BAck to the sammie's I am starving.... ramen wasn't enough!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back