• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Brekkie Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
stickman - You don't like over easy eggs? Over hard on purpose, I can't get down. Otherwise nice.
Hey, diff'rent strokes... Ordinarily, I have a sit-down breakfast of eggs over easy on buttered toast, then break the yolks so they ooze out onto the toast and soak in. I thought the purpose of a breakfast sandwich was a take-away meal that you could eat without having the filling running down the front of you...

Been awhile Buddy! Nice to see you in this one :) I am drooling thinking about yours actually.

Scovie like you really need to be sober??? You cook plenty of things drunftk.

thanks - haven't been around too much - this one looked kind of interesting so i thought i'd give it a whirl

The purpose of a breakfast sandwich is to be able to consume high amounts of calories and have an excuse....."it's for breakfast, the most important meal of the day, I have all day to burn these calories off".....meanwhile munching on syrup, bacon, eggs, sausage, butter etc.

Humm, I've been thinking about this a lot as all of us have and here's what I've come up with.

The Players

D4C24337-A892-4631-858D-544ECB25E436-581-0000003CB346EEC8.jpg

POL close up

7650D4B3-DB12-41DA-A271-8F1B8E4C7649-581-0000003CB9E4E372.jpg

Yes that Pancetta and Prosciutto

7E51EF50-8AFD-4E10-98E1-945E26CE9CBA-581-0000003CC11F71F0.jpg

Now to the fun stuff. :)

THE TALLBOY

Layered from bottom to top:

• English Muffin Bread Toast
• Cheddar Cheese
• Shaved Ham
• 1 Egg Omelet
• Toast
• Cheddar Cheese
• Pan Fried Polish Kielbasa
• Toast
• Cheddar Cheese
• Sausage Patty sprinkled with Red Savina Powder
• One Egg Over Easy
• Cheddar Cheese
• Toast
• 2 Pieces Crispy Bacon
• Toast
• Poached Egg on top
• Drizzled with Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce
• Pickled Jalpeños on the side

Awesomely Incredible. Yep.

file-992.jpg

file-2465.jpg

Ingredient Pics and PoL.

file-1385.jpg

The pickled Jalapeño can worked awesome for cutting the toast in perfect circles, then the 1 egg omelet and the fried egg.

Prolly work gud as a Burger pattier too.

file-311.jpg

Here it is: Buddy's Breakfast Torta

Panini pressed layered Torta with black beans, chorizo chicken, fried egg, and avacoda salsa. Thanks for looking.

Ingredients: eggs, chorizon, queso fresco, jack cheese, serranos, avacado, red onion, cilantro, tomato, chicken, hot sauce, biker billy chipotle powder (from Kevin), bread, black beans.

012.jpg

013.jpg

Jesus Christ scovie!!

2 things -

1. Holy mother of god that's insane - how do you eat it?!!

2. What industrial tool did you use to slice that thing in half?

I'm thoroughly impressed. That's like the 7th wonder of Twisp or something. (The first wonders being running water, indoor plumbing & 'lectricity)

DANG Scovie! Way to throw down! I might as well not even enter lol. Hard to top that tallboy.

Reminds me of this that I ate when I went to Portland last:

redonkadonkburgerjpg-6db1924426c8163e.jpg

Made by a place called the Brunchbox, this burger was called "The Monstrosity"

:rofl:

Skewers and a serrated bread knife.
Once I cut it tho, I had to start snappin pictures cuz it was oozin and gooeyin all over the place.
To eat it we just laid it down and knife-and-forked it.

This is my 1st attempt at a Throwdown. They look like so much fun that I finally figured "what the heck" and am going to give this one a try. I am making a "Simple Sammie" using, egg, hot sauce, potato, crushed red pepper, red and green bells, smoked ham, onion, cheese, and Italian bread. (Please be kind!)

Sample picture of ingredients with POL

015.jpg

In process pictures:

019.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

The Surefire Hangover Cure

Oh yeah! I feel much better now!

Ingredients - cooking methods

All butter croissant - buttered, and toasted in a pan
Spicy venison sausage made with 7 pot peppers - sliced lenthwise and fried in bacon grease
Cheddar and fried onion omelette - fried in bacon grease
Bacon - fried in bacon grease
Over easy egg - fried in bacon grease
Everything topped with a sprinkle of superhot powder

brekke012.jpg

brekke014.jpg

Daeeuummm! Musky! You had me at Kraken and Butter Croissant.

I think the Kraken was better for the hangover than that sammich! LOL

GO tfergy! Just have fun, that is really the only stipulation.

And you too Badger! get in there!

Oh don't worry, I'll probably be making a midnight breakfast tonight Scovie! Lots of killer entries out there so far!
Here's a hint to mine:
P10305111.jpg

If anyone besides Scovie knows what this is speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back