• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumper said:
. It doesn't gross me out but I do mine medium, as I read a bit on botchulism a while back and mince is a bit higher risk. Still remote, but I tend to be a little cautious.

How many hours left on 100% beef? Cooking, but it will be 6-7 hours from now.

... and don't forget .30c (or equivalent) PoL ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Apparently I have to cook my fresh ground sirloin to med according to the in-house jury :( I think I'll hide mine off on the side a tad less done. Nice chicken burger!

I think I need to be in this club. the other meat consuming parties in my house probably prefer the cow more dead...

me, I'm very gradually climbing toward the rarer end of the spectrum. I've always eaten my burgers medium well, so its a bit of an adjustment for me.

D3monic said:
have a running joke around here that there is only one level of done-ness. How ever the heck it turns out the last time I go "oh crap" and check on the grill... lol

or like me, your patio light burns out and you are using a mag light to check for doneness. ;)

keybrdkid said:

I think I need to be in this club. the other meat consuming parties in my house probably prefer the cow more dead...

me, I'm very gradually climbing toward the rarer end of the spectrum. I've always eaten my burgers medium well, so its a bit of an adjustment for me.

or like me, your patio light burns out and you are using a mag light to check for doneness. ;)
Well I did grind prime sirloin steak so what is the difference other than texture I asked....

I have to ask Chris, do you find the prime sirloin to have a superior flavor to other cuts?  Personally, I like a ground chuck for the fat content. Fat equals flavor (as I am sure you know).

JayT said:
I have to ask Chris, do you find the prime sirloin to have a superior flavor to other cuts?  Personally, I like a ground chuck for the fat content. Fat equals flavor (as I am sure you know).
It makes a melt in your mouth burger, if I had to judge or guess I say it is about 87/13. I knew I'd be pairing one burger with something else and the 100% beef will get bacon so all will be well. As for flavor, Costco Prime is superior to non prime from Costco and the Ribeye prime is insanely good but a seldom treat.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
It makes a melt in your mouth burger, if I had to judge or guess I say it is about 87/13. I knew I'd be pairing one burger with something else and the 100% beef will get bacon so all will be well. As for flavor, Costco Prime is superior to non prime from Costco and the Ribeye prime is insanely good but a seldom treat.

I almost grabbed a couple ribeyes to grind up instead the brisket, would of been about the same price. As dry as my 100% beef burger was I probably should have gone the ribeye route. Pancetta and brisket was a perfect combo of lean and fat though

Walleye Burger with Jalapeno Tartar Sauce

The patty: Lake of the Woods walleye caught by yours truly in NW Ontario.I minced it, mixed it with egg and bread crumbs, formed patties and coated them in a mixture of flour, corn flake crumbs, bread crumbs, and seasonings. Then gently fried it with canola in a cast iron pan, and seasoned with Texas Creek Jalapeno Seasoned Salt.

The tartar sauce: Mayo, dill relish, lemon juice, fresh minced jalapeno, TC jalapeno seasoned salt.

This was served on a toasted bakery fresh sesame seed bun with shredded iceberg lettuce, lemon wedges, green onion, and a fresh jalapeno.

Yum!

JayT said:
Oh boy!  This is going to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I
muskymojo said:
Walleye Burger with Jalapeno Tartar Sauce

The patty: Lake of the Woods walleye caught by yours truly in NW Ontario.I minced it, mixed it with egg and bread crumbs, formed patties and coated them in a mixture of flour, corn flake crumbs, bread crumbs, and seasonings. Then gently fried it with canola in a cast iron pan, and seasoned with Texas Creek Jalapeno Seasoned Salt.

The tartar sauce: Mayo, dill relish, lemon juice, fresh minced jalapeno, TC jalapeno seasoned salt.

This was served on a toasted bakery fresh sesame seed bun with shredded iceberg lettuce, lemon wedges, green onion, and a fresh jalapeno.

Yum!

In a group of amazing burgers.....

this is my favorite so far!!

Bumper's in the ring, still going to be close with timings.. 

First time making bread rolls with this dough recipe, so roulette, and it is slow to rise right now… 

Ingredients list in final, but you can see where I am going

IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0817.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back