• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Can You Win A—Throwdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I saw that too in DTS's entry. was interesting.

I couldn't find a can of rice. maybe I wasn't looking in the right place..

maybe I didnt try hard enough-but I also couldn't think of what canned item other than rice might have contained Saffron that I could work with (I needed the saffron, not the rice or whatever else. was thinking I could soak the rice (or just drain out liquid if canned) and discard and use the liquid if the saffron came off. but haven't tested up to this point, so not sure if this would have worked.)

I briefly considered going to look at the india store. but I didnt.

maybe someone knows. haha.

SCOVIE! Bad Picture!!!! ( brb )

THP...don't ever have another canned TD! :D Whew...kitchen is an unusual state of chaos, I had no idea what I was doing...

Fish and Chips with Mushy Peas

Slice potatoes into batons and fry in olive oil unti crispy

Mix cheese sauce to directions and pour over chips and garnish with finely diced dill pickle with chilli

Mix 1 tbsp cheese sauce powder with 1 tbsp blended creamed rice to make batter for the kippers

Dredge drained and dried kipper fillets through batter and deep fry until golden

Cook and reduce the whole tin of tomatoes down to almost a paste, then drain off liquid. Reduce liquid to a sauce consistency.

Heat mushy peas to directions.

Plate up.

P4081379.jpg

Chips were no different to any other fried chip I've ever had. Quite tasty with the cheese sauce and dill pickles. Bit high in sodium though...

P4081385.jpg

"kay, this is the best I could come up with in less than 2 minutes.

OH! Nice post, D2S!!!!

Attachments

• kybrds.jpg
    kybrds.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 62
I was going with musical keyboard, not computer keyboard. Sheesh, I did a quick search for "keyboard images" and they all came up with qwertys instead of ebony&ivory. The cheese is in the press overnight..... it's just a little spicy from the jalapeno vinegar, MMmmmmmmmm! Can you say BRUNCH?!?!???

Cheese turned out! After draining it for a couple hours, I put it between 2 coffee filters, wrapped in a towel and put it in the fridge overnight with a weight on it to press out as much moisture as possible. It's a soft spicy cheese. Cup of coffee and I'll be ready to start cooking.

Attachments

• IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 58
If I hear that you are making Sausage gravy and Biscuits. I will be there quicker than you can say "Hi Scovie"!

I'll bring the eggs.

Nothing better than that on a rainy Sunday. Just say the word SL. (please!)

If I hear that you are making Sausage gravy and Biscuits. I will be there quicker than you can say "Hi Scovie"!

I'll bring the eggs.

Nothing better than that on a rainy Sunday. Just say the word SL. (please!)

Lol on the eggss. and I think salsa put the sausage gravy back... haha.

cool cheese! I saw the goat milk too.. same company actually. was going to see about cottage cheese-ish type thing maybe (if that was possible)...
but didnt incorporate it.

--

oh, and y'all are late!

:lightningrod: . It's not an avatar haha... but..

I um... borrowed.. the THP logo ages ago (sorry THP)... was praticing a tutorial in After Effects... and here is the result:

http://s1218.photobu...ab93a5.mp4.html

kybrd's right, I put the canned sausage gravy back. I'm doing a seafood and cheese omelette with hash browns, salsa, fruit, and a bubbly juice. I used the brine from the pickled jalapenos to curdle the milk for cheese. It didn't work as well as straight vinegar or lemon juice. I boiled the brine down to get rid of most of the water then added the milk, brought it up to a boil and the milk broke. Usually the milk will make larger curds. This batch made really fine curds, but after setting overnight, it's like a soft cream cheese. Should work well with crab and shrimp in the omlet. Time to start cooking!

OK...."Hi Scovie".......but I ain't got no sausage gravy~~~

Too late he's right behind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back