• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Can You Win A—Throwdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping to be in in this but we're all over the place this weekend looking for a house to buy. Sure would be nice to just take this part from this home and combine it with the other 20 parts we lived from other houses but dang does that get expensive :)

Great entries so far. Some real thinking going into it. Can't wait to see what your going to do with the goats cheese SL!

SL wins the innovation award for sure. NEVER would have expected homemade cheese. I am getting all primed up and ready to go.

I'm game.

Attachments

• IMG_20130407_131326.jpg
    IMG_20130407_131326.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 57
A couple more prep pics, then the final post- and I did not use the frozen grape juice in the first picture, ended up with V-8 Fusion and ginger ale shown in later picture.

need a bump~

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 60
Lol your can of whole eggs says "71 servings".
Please explain what's in the can, I can't wrap my brain around it

Edit: ooh, they're dried, I get it!

Salsalady’s Sunday Brunch

Fresh cheese- Goat milk and the brine from pickled jalapeno peppers. Reduce the brine to 1/3 volume, add goat milk to the pan and bring back up to boil. Pour into coffee filter lined colander and allow whey to separate. When it’s mostly dry, add another coffee filter to the top, wrap in a towel and place in refer overnight. The cheese is soft and spreadable, with a nice bite from the jalapeno brine.

Hash Browns- chop up canned boiled potatoes and brown well. Sprinkle with spicy Old Bay seasoning.

Omelette- mix dry eggs according to directions, pour about ¾ cup egg mixture into oil-sprayed non-stick pan. Add dabs of spicy soft cheese, crab and shrimp. Fold onto plate, microwave 20 seconds to melt the cheese.
Biscuits- bake according to directions, use strawberry pie filling for “jam”.
Add hashbrowns and biscuit to the plate, serve with fruit, salsa, and V-8 juice/ginger ale beverage.

Canned items- powdered eggs, potatoes, goat milk, pickled jalapenos, salsa, tropical fruit, blueberries, crab, shrimp, V-8 Fusion juice, ginger ale, biscuits, strawberry pie filling.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 54
Powdered eggs FD! Powdered eggs!

It's a miracle isn't it!!!!!!

edit. FAN FRICKEN TASTIC SL!

BOOM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faNqHcra7tY&sns=em

Thanks, Scovie, The eggs actually tastes pretty good, and the spicy cheese is really good. It'll be good just on crackers.

Salsalady just opened up a can of Whoopass. Nicely done!
Pun intended? ;) :lol: Thank y'all~ I have plenty of powdered eggess left for you Scovie...

Wow. Who knew you could make something out of a can look so good.

I would actually consider eating that ;)

Frydad's Stuffed Artichokes

Ingredients: One can whole artichokes, one can "no butter necessary" biscuits, HOT Rotel Tomatoes (with Habanero), Jalapeno SPAM!!!!!, White clam sauce (which has garlic, parsley, and olive oil in it!!!!, not to mention tons of sweet clam meat!!)

Cook the biscuits till done. Then split them and put them back in the oven at 200 degrees American until they are dry throughout. Put in a food processor until they are biscuit crumbs.
Drink a beer.
Before that, dice the jalapeno meat, process it in the processor until finely ground, and cook on low heat until it is brown and crumbly throughout. It takes a while.

Meanwhile, drain a can of HOT Rotel tomatoes and separate the red from the green. Reserve the juice. After that, core out the artichokes so you can stuff them.
Drink a beer.

Mix the crumbled spicy meat with the biscuit crumbs in a bowl. Add the reserved Rotel Juice. Stir until it's kinda mushy.
Stuff this mixture in the artichokes. Top with the "green" part of the Rotel that you picked out.
Drink a beer.
Put it all in a dish, and add the can of White Clam Sauce to the base. (It's very garlicky, which is a bonus!). Throw in a scoop of the spicy tomatoes.
Bake for 30 Minutes at 350 American.
Drink a beer.
Take out and adjust the 'chokes so they are upright. Broil for 2 minutes on high.

Serve it to your loved ones who doubted you could make canned food taste this great!!!

Nice TD, THP, Thanks for the fun!!!!

FD

JayT's Can-Can Hawaiian Pizza

Ingredients:

Pizza Dough
Spam
Pineapple Chunks
Black Cherries
Aged Cheddar Cheese Dip
Pizza Sauce
Green Chiles
Chipotles in Adobo
French Sea Salt (just 'cause I can!)

Pretty self explanatory, rolled out the dough, mixed the chipotles and the pizza sauce together in the food processor, and spread over the dough. Diced up the spam and spread it around along with the pineapple chunks, cherries, and green chiles, splooged the cheddar cheese sauce over it, and baked in a 425F oven.

100_1511.JPG

100_1512.JPG

The action shots started off the way all good throwdowns should, with a Bloody Mary.

100_1502.JPG

100_1503.JPG

100_1504.JPG

100_1506.JPG

100_1505.JPG

100_1507.JPG

100_1509.JPG

100_1510.JPG

100_1512.JPG

100_1516.JPG

And nothing goes with a Spam Can Pizza like some shots of Hornitos! Right TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back