• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Ethnic/Regional Sandwich II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
It's TD Weekend!

Pick any region or ethnicity's sandwich and...

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry

Plus:

1. Must be a sandwich known to a region or ethnicity. You can alter the recipe as a long as you stay authentic, meaning, respect the sandwich. No cross-regional fusion etc. So either post the most bangin' version of this sandwich we've ever seen or add your own twist keeping within the bounds of the region/ethnicity, so it is still authentic, but a new version.

Examples: Cuban, Falafel, Philly Cheese Steak, etc., etc., etc. What constitutes a sandwich? If they call it a sandwich, it is one. So no asking. If it is it is, if not, not.

PoL = .70

END Sunday 10 PM EDT

BEGIN!

TIP: Extreme members, don't forget about your ability to attach pictures to this post, or create your own TD album in Hot Food Pics in Gallery and store all your TD pics there! Tutorial

Tomorrow will be the earliest for me. The hippy food store is the only place I've found a couple of the ingredients, and they're out of stock on one until tomorrow. Excited to see what everyone comes up with!

If anyone is on the fence with entering this (noobies) DO IT!!!!

Soflo has some great ideas, and I know a bunch of others do too.
Let's make this one a classic!

If it's a "Wisconsin Grilled Cheese"!!!!!! haha

Okay, I got my idea.

Ingredients....check!

Time......uhm.....not so sure!

I'm going to try hard not to JTeed this one!!!!!

Those are technically considered melts, G, not grilled cheese sandwiches. You know better than that!
Not really. I generally don't eat sandwiches. To me a grilled cheese can be simple, slap some cheese between two slices of bread and grill, or complex, load it up. The cheese will melt, either way. So calling a grilled cheese sandwich a "melt" is either a regional thing or peeps getting more technical about sandwiches than I care to get. At the end of the day, I usually only eat half as a sandwich, and if I'm up to it, I eat the middle out of the other half. No biggie what you call it.

And, heh, even that place calls them grilled cheese sandwiches!

heading to the grocery store now

hint : going back to my time spent in europe, at 3am, drunk as a skunk, and ordering this food 2 or 3 times a week

wait, am I allowed to say europe, or is that racist?

and I am high as a kite, so this is going to be one sloppy damn sammich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back