beer Begin! : June TD - Kolsch

c518376ef38406fc69c5b0bfa5940e05.jpg

1.5L/sec O2 for 75-90 seconds ...

Pitched the WLP029 ...

No evidence of ferm having taken off, but not too worried honestly ...

Liquid yeast (that came hot), no starter, two degrees below recommended temp, and assloads of O2 - probably still budding!

I'll check it again at the 18 hour point, so, around dusk ...

:cheers:

Nice!  I am usually one of the first few to post my BD but have been insanely busy with trying to get my gardens in between all of this ridiculous amount of rain we have been getting up here.  It is hard to deal with super saturated soil.  Between that and work, it will be a little while before I can get everything for this one and brew it.  I designed my recipe for this weeks ago and have gotten my yeast and hops for it, just not the grains yet.  I will probably get them a day or so before I plan to brew.  Luckily, as wheebz said, a kolsch can be pumped out rather quickly.

Raising the ferm chamber temp to 66F ...

I can't tell much since I'm in a keg, but I might pitch a pack of US-05 after a while ...

Liquid yeast that arrived at 93F ... not awesome, as always ...

I'm not pitching any extra yeast since 1) this is a BD beer, and I've brewed it ahead of schedule, and 2) i don't have anymore of the same kolsch yeast ...

It seams to be forming some krausen, now, so I'm going to let it go and cross my fingers ...

Two things:

1) If you bubble in a shit-ton of O2 and go -2F the yeast's happy range, budding can last a while and ferm can start slowly ...
2) Liquid yeast can suck the joy out of life here in Florida, still ...
3) Patience and confidence in your brewing is helpful, because Wheebz would have -25/50'd for dual yeast ...
Okay, three things ...

I'm going mad traditional on this one ...

Just bunged up the corny, going for self-carbonating ...

#RheinsGotYerButt #SoGermanYo
One shot ...

079acd1c006a07e0a0a9d44fac35cf09.jpg

0a477ee6bf881c8989451a4601dc1116.jpg

#Tilted

Hopeful, especially as this is completely unnecessary.

Ozzy2001 said:
Lol we'll see how this turns out. I added my 2nd hops too early and my wort gravity was a little low. We'll see what happens.
You can move the time for the hops, and tweak the efficiency in Beersmith to see what happens to the IBU's ...

I always like to go get an idea what I'm likely to end up with when stuff meanders a bit, and then I RDWHAHB =) ...

Lol I'm not worried about it in the least. I can get get a -15/50 for all I care. It still might turn out. Maybe a bit weak though. It'll still probably be better than a Budweiser so that's a plus since I drank about 5 of those yesterday golfing lol.
All I can tell you is that in pretty hammered right now. I lost count of the beers when my father in law brought some brews over.

Back