beer Begin! : June TD - Kolsch

52636b566f844e5e3143714d3b58e2f8.jpg

#Bloomin

yeah, blooming it in a little filtered cold water, then going to add heated (174F) water from my Zojirushi ...

I have excess beer for the transfer keg, so I'm trying gelatin this time just to get to see the crap at the bottom from gelatin ...
also, my beer is a tad bit strong for the style, i think ... so it seemed like as good a time as any ...

Ozzy2001 said:
I can't tell if it's dark or it's the pink walks behind it.

The best color representation of it was last night against the paper towel roll (hydrometer jar) ...

The pic this afternoon was to see if I could read the text on the box behind it, which is white on red ...

I'm bottling mine. The keg spot is going to the IPA :)
My other 2 kegs have the imperial stout and the brunch stout in them.

RocketMan said:
Was thinking I'd be in this one however life has a way of throwing curve balls at you when you least expect it. Oh, I'll be brewing up a Kolsch pretty soon just not this month.
You get your vehicle all squared away?

RocketMan said:
Was thinking I'd be in this one however life has a way of throwing curve balls at you when you least expect it. Oh, I'll be brewing up a Kolsch pretty soon just not this month.

Sorry to hear about the troubles, RM - I just saw the other thread ...

Ozzy2001 said:
You get your vehicle all squared away?

It's getting there, they don't make a kit for the engine I have so he had to machine the parts for it, crazy. I have it back now and am back on the road but still a couple issues to sort out.

grantmichaels said:

Sorry to hear about the troubles, RM - I just saw the other thread ...

Thanks GM

Bottled up the Kolsch tonight. Finished at 4% ABV. Certainly got the straw tone. Definitely interested in how this will score out. The only Kolsch I think I've ever had is a local brewery Schlafley. It's fairly similar to that.

This was my hydro sample/last half empty bottle force carbed in a PET.

It's not bad. I've only had the one and it's not really one of my favorite styles. I think it's similar to that. But that's why I'll be interested in how this one scores lol. It will be good for sitting on the deck outside when it's hot out though.

Back