beer Begin! : June TD - Kolsch

image.jpeg

All done. Finished at 1.01. ABV 4.1. Nice color, nice clarity, it will be good for hot summer days.

Dang 1010, you go out and pick up an expensive filtering system?
grantmichaels said:
Like it?

I really have no idea if mine's good or not, never having had one ...
Look at Publix, we've been getting Goose Island Kolsch there for a couple of months now.

Looks good. I am shooting for a non-infected finished product. Otherwise throwing out everything out that is plastic and used for bottling. I havecread a few different things that maybe the culprit. I am pretty sure it occurred after fermentation and while bottling. The sample I tasted when I took FG was so different from where it finished.

Not my clearest batch. I think this is the batch I forgot the Whirlfoc tab. I can't believe how lemony these Sorachi hops are. You would think I put some lemon peel in it.
This is going to be a pretty tasty hot weather brew. Not sure how it will score though.

Lol this judging will be very informative.

I'm going to find out that this is just a terrible beer or I don't like a Kolsch.
In reality I think I'm not a big fan of US-05 when it's so up front. I wish I had my temperature right when I fermed this beer. Maybe the esters would be as noticeable.
I think this will be a pretty humbling Brewdown for me coming off 2 wins.

I guess I need to ship this bitch off. If we wait until next week I can beer gun my brunch stout and IPA to taste too.

I don't really want these beers sitting in the post office storeroom over the weekend.

And really, mine kind of must be to-style, since I used only kolsch yeast and grain, and fermented it nicely ...

I just think it's a beer I don't care for, honestly ... it's clean, crisp etc ... but meh ...

grantmichaels said:

Ditto.
Lol I may drain the rest. It's actually not bad with the cigar I'm smoking right now, but that may be because I can't taste it lol. On the samples I could taste the Sorachi more. But now it's all yeast. I'm actually going to use the Sorachi in my cherry wheat this weekend. I can't wait to brew that one.
Going to use red wheat and flaked rye.

Back