beer Begin! : June TD - Kolsch

Forecast: Cloudy with a good chance of yeast ...

47ea83e4d79e6c546f8ed01185ab2b2c.jpg

a0bb20a1487b34e9eeb8ff5e966f5611.jpg

a2f148a016161c478b0573c95196bea3.jpg

I'll drink a couple of glasses til it's clear, then try to bottle some this afternoon without taking the keg from the freezer ... just bottle it in the brewery, instead of the kitchen ...

Should be there Friday. I forgot to label the bottles. They'll have blue caps.

1za481850301260859
I'll send some of the Brunch Stout and Bourbon Brunch when the bourbon one is ready (weather permitting).

Mine's not clearing since I disturbed it, and I'm not planning to bother to bottle it until it does - if it ever will ...
2nd glass ...

82b659f0a1b78cab4431564d58bba1d1.jpg

1st glass (after 20 mins) ...

d07bfa286dea6a83632d122235e36691.jpg

d412741379bf948a572fba8fc58e47fa.jpg

I just swapped out the spear for a ClearBeer as quickly as I could, and printed a shipping label ...

Now I have to grab the BeerGun and bottle up a couple real quick ...

It would have been better if I'd done this yesterday, but the yeast was a surprise - mine'll arrive on Monday, but it is what it is ...

I sanitized my BeerGun before disassembling it and storing it in the box ...

I did not sanitize it this evening before bottling the pair of beers, however, I withheld a beer for myself (so I can check for carbonation later) and then bottled the two I sent you - so there shouldn't be any dust type crap in yours, if there could possibly have been any with the BG having been boxed ...

Same for the bottles, but they were sanitized before being put on the tree, and rinsed this evening ...

I doubt there's any problem from my process tonight, but figured I'd be forthright =) ...
New bench-style capper's MUCH easier to use, and totally safe as my hands aren't near the glass ... do like.

Cap popped off wrapping bottle with bubble wrap ...

Check it out, all three bottles weren't 'right' ... leaking ...

Now I have to bottle three more, and drink those three tonight ...

Love this hobby ...

wheebz said:
lol what the hell

Forgot to toss those particular oxygen caps after last time that don't seal ...

It's okay, just packed it up ... on the step ...

Got to do the whole shebang twice ... gotta love it =( ...

wheebz said:
lol what the hell

I planned to send you some other stuff in the box and forgot to include it when I repacked it ... so that sucks a little bit ...

If you remind me, I'll send it in a week or two when I'll be sending like a half-dozen other boxes from my Contest etc ...

hey TC

had the kolsch tonight at like 6pm

best beer you have made yet, pretty fucking good dude

assistant brewer had about 50ml of it too, and said "if this was my homebrew I would drink the piss out of it"

only flaw I kind of caught was a touch of metallic when I poured it, but it went away within 30 seconds, so I am pretty excited to actually drink it properly and judge it

it was good man

Back