• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Mexican TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this looks like some great stuff, can't go wrong with Mexican. :dance: Wish I had gotten home from this fire assignment in TX a couple days sooner to join in. Flying home from Dallas tomorrow afternoon, so doubt I could make the deadline without sneaking something in from Taco Bell.

...just hopeing the electricity stays on the rest of the evening.
The whole neighborhood's juice has been knocked out three times already... we have a gas stove, but darn sure not gonna have burners going with no a/c as the house would quickly match the outside temps (100°F + right now). :mouthonfire:

What????? You're not willing to die for the TD cause? Shame!

:rofl:

That's why man invented the grill, and the tiki torch.

Cost of ingredients for fist TD…. $266.81

Dude, I'll sell you one of my crowns for $50.

You better not be trying that hard, it violates the spirit of the throwdown for most of us.

Though Paulky, a multiple crown winner, tends to drop a dime on these things, with good results!!

The first 3 entries have this one in the bag anyway.

Right, TB?

He could be feeding 10 people, we don't know.

Well, that would be one way to get logchief to visit...

...we're under a major burn-ban, so no grillin' outside (unless you use a gas grill).

I only use mesquite, oak, or pecan wood ...which is the main reason I didn't do fajitas, brisket, or cabrito.

The cops and fire dept. will give you a ticket methinks if they see smoke.

I'm out. Been sick for a week now and thought I was a bit better and got some stuff together. Halibut. Shrimp. Al Pastor. et.al. I feel like crap now and the very thought of food is making me want to barforama ding dong. Sorry amigo's. Do your 'thang ya'll.

TB out of the Mexican TD??? Is this the in-out-in-out...in game you played last time? I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Dude, I'll sell you one of my crowns for $50
Well it does include the price of a bottle of Anejo Patron......and 8 delmonicos at $90.00
V

PS very busy right now having milk droped in my eyes so I can see to finish this.....
Will get it all organized and post tomorrow

Those fish tacos looked absolutely perfect salsalady! Impy, hell yeah. And scovie... its not fair that you made all the food in Mexico, jk, that platter looks amazing.

I got a camera for my birthday a couple days ago! Unfortunately I haven't had much time this weekend so I had to just throw something together for the TD, figure I don't have an excuse not to participate now that I have a camera. Oh and I forgot about the proof of life until I had already started eating, so my official entries will be of 1/2 eaten food :oops:

The Salsa:
Left it kinda mild since it was going on my salad. Cilantro is in there too, just forgot to take a pic of it.
DSC00102.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

The Food

About 1/2 lb of hatch green chile, and a couple habs
DSC00081.jpg

Into the pan with some onions, garlic, flower, and chicken stock
DSC00089.jpg

Add pollo
DSC00090.jpg

Toss it in a tortilla with frijoles and queso
DSC00092.jpg

Wrap it up and serve!
DSC00093.jpg

Flamecycle please read all the rules carefully, if that is supposed to be your entry.

Well, that would be one way to get logchief to visit...

...we're under a major burn-ban, so no grillin' outside (unless you use a gas grill).

I only use mesquite, oak, or pecan wood ...which is the main reason I didn't do fajitas, brisket, or cabrito.

The cops and fire dept. will give you a ticket methinks if they see smoke.

They seriously won't even let you grill? Those oppressive bastards...

I'm out. Been sick for a week now and thought I was a bit better and got some stuff together. Halibut. Shrimp. Al Pastor. et.al. I feel like crap now and the very thought of food is making me want to barforama ding dong. Sorry amigo's. Do your 'thang ya'll.

Damn dude, hope you get better. It's not right without you on this one especially!!!

It's like if I missed a busch light drinking contest.

Soflo update...

Both meals cooked. Pictures taken. Posting to happen late tonight or early tomorrow.

Bear didn't show up. I think his mange has started acting up again. Probably at home having a honey bath and rubbing his nuzzles.

Where you at JT?

The lighting sucks in my house so I can't take good pictures at night, with or without flash, but here's my terrible night photo teaser...

1190088926_photobucket_63126_.jpg

The spices for the marinade: achiote (annato), allspice, cloves, Mexican oregano, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, canela, dried pequins, and salt. After I ground the spices they'll be mixed with garlic, avocado oil, and a few chopped congo black habaneros, and bitter/seville/sour orange juice to marinade the pork overnight.

1190088926_photobucket_63130_-1.jpg

Banana leaves, the congo black habaneros, and $.80 (50 cent piece, quarter, and a nickel, kind of hard to see :oops: ). More to follow tomorrow with better pictures. :D If you know your Mexican food then you already know what I'm making. :D

who buys banana leaves?????
Hey hey hey you told us a long time ago that tree of yours is not a banana tree it's some other leaf you've been masquerading as a banana leaf. :lol:

Busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back