contest BEGIN! Pizza Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayT's Big Green Neaopolitan

Ingredients:

Dough:  1 cup AP flour, 1 cup 00 Caputo flour, 1/2 cup warm water, 2 1/4 teaspoons self rising yeast, olive oil, salt
San Marzano crushed tomatoes 1/2 of a 28oz can give or take with a generous sprinkling of Habapeno powder onto the sauce.
6oz fresh mozzarella cheese plus a sprinkling of shredded mozza and provolone towards the end of cooking.
Torn fresh basil.

I had a little bit of an adventure, I got the fire going nicely and everything was cool, I was about to assemble the first pizza when I realized I forgot the basil and had to go back to the store.  While I was gone, I left the top off the Egg.  When I got home it was 1200F so now I know exactly how to get that perfect searing heat out of this thing.  Problem is, now it is WAY too hot for my pizza stone.  I had to wait quite a while for it to cool down to 700F.  I honestly didn't time it, rather I did it by sight.  I would say it was maybe 3 minutes. The pictures pretty much say it all.

20160902_164158.jpg

20160902_161427.jpg

20160902_173113.jpg

20160902_173156.jpg

20160902_173726.jpg

20160902_173740.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
:clap:

Nice way to start the show.
I had to either get it in tonight or be cooking pizza at 7am one of the next 3 days as I am back on nights tomorrow.  I think this is the first time I ever posted first.  Take that Key!!!

tctenten said:
Looks good. How do you like the egg for making pizza? 
The Egg really is all it is cracked up to be (HA!)  I am still working on temp control as I said, got way too hot because I let it run wild while I went out for a bit, but it really can do anything you want and I got it back down into the range I wanted in about 30 mins with the vents.  And to whomever said all I have cooked on it was hot dogs, check out my flog and you will see half chickens, thighs, ribs, pizza, shrimp, halibut, sausage, steak, wings, whatever you want.  I love the EGG, but this contest is not about what you are cooking on, it is about the pie.  I am pleased with mine, got that nice char I was hoping for.
The Hot Pepper said:
So last week

Even here in Amishland that is last week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back