contest BEGIN! Regional/Ethnic Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is....my first entry....and quite last minute, as tomorrow's hot-brown is the DH. ;)

Submitted for all to see......Louisiana Shrimp Po-Boys.....fried with a XXX corn meal beer batter.

Ingredients:

-Raw de-veined shrimp
-Corn meal
-Flour
-S&P
-XXX powder
-BEER!
-Toasted buns
-Pickled asparagus
-Homemade remoulade (mayo, ketchup, horseradish, garlic, lea&perrins, etc....)

100_0770-1.jpg

The asparagus is pickled.....quite an awesome addition!! Retta made the remoulade from scratch. The olives have been living w/ the habs for months.

Enjoy!

Paulky please see rule 4 and list the ingredients and recipe in the presentation post, thanks.

Looks good.

paulky_2000 said:
Here it is....my first entry....and quite last minute, as tomorrow's hot-brown is the DH. ;)

Submitted for all to see......Louisiana Shrimp Po-Boys.....fried with a XXX corn meal beer batter
The asparagus is pickled.....quite an awesome addition!! Retta made the remoulade from scratch. The olives have been living w/ the habs for months.
Enjoy!
Nicely done, I like how you tied it all together, remoulade is classic on shrimp and also asparagus so putting both of them in the po'boy with remoulade makes for epic 'nawlin's po'boy :) what ya got in there fo' da heat?

Although I prefer my cheese 'whiz-less' the bar has been set high. Nicely done so far all, especially DQJT.

PS, don't worry the sloping forehead, knuckle dragging issues will work themselves out in a few hundred thousand years........

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just a little smack talk ;). Nicely done on the sammich sir. Nicely done!

Shrimp and asparagus? Olives? Even drunk......I can't get next to that! Weird shit-o-meter.....that's an 8. Paul...your freakiness has reached new levels. Bring teh hot brown!!

First one to bake your own bread... nice!

Forget the homemade bread......Tasmanian Salmon!! wtf how can we compete with that! :)
looking forward to see what ya got goin there

sorry mrarboc.. that kangaroo evaded me this morning so unfortunately i have had to go with a different theme :D wont be long.. sauce is cooking everything else all ready.. its nearly compilation stage!!

German Roast Pumpkin Bread with Tasmanian Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Cream Sauce.

Bread is finished.
P3070368.jpg

All together.
P3070370.jpg

All together with with a Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
P3070374.jpg

Bread: Roast pumpkin, roast garlic, roast pepitas, sour cream, yeast, salt, pepper and water.
Sandwich: Roast pumpkin bread, Horseradish Cream, Mizuna(yeah yeah, I know...it's peppery though...) New Zealand Brie, oven roasted Ball Peppers, Tasmanian Beechwood Smoked Salmon.

There ya go...I wasn't to drunk (just) to post Woohoo!!!

it's really late, but I gotta get a teaser out there!

growstuff055.jpg

Can't show anything else or it's partially give it away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

definitely kicking it up a notch! ;) this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back