• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! salsalady's Stuffed Pepper Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaQatz, you got a pretty tight grip on that pepper ...  :eek:  !

I'm predicting geeme baked stuffed peppers inside the brownies!!!! 

Am I right, geeme? 

Good looking grubs and goodies being posted up!

I didn't make it to the FM for the chiles I wanted so will have to make due with store-bought. 

Bonci poppers pizza!

At the moment pizza Bonci is the best method i know for a pizza with my standard oven. Maybe someone would say that crispy thin pizza is the best, but trust me that stuff is more than just good.

Details of procedure here!

My ingredients:
380g w260 flour
304g cold water
3g fresh beer yeast
8g salt
15g evo
22h of fridge.

More or less 700g of dough for 32*37 board.

Toppings:
[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I used 20 poppers on that (4*5).[/SIZE]
oregano first, then poppers, then Campania buffalo mozz (more or less 400g in total).
I covered poppers with a slice of buffalo mozz.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Cooking: 10 minutes lowest position, 8 mid high position at max temp (~275°C).[/SIZE]

Poppers: cherry peppers or similar, deseeded, with 1 anchovy, 2 capers and some fennel leaves each.
Anchovies and capers cured with salt, washed with water, then bathed in evo.
Poppers were left all night in fridge then pulled out 1 hour and half before using.

iRTT8hROqx1Lx.jpg

iI7zmRMAyFzmX.jpg

iMX92aJHbwzuj.jpg

Best eaten aften after a while.

salsalady said:
I'm predicting geeme baked stuffed peppers inside the brownies!!!! 
Am I right, geeme? 
Nope! Good try though.  :D

Some excellent entries got posted after I went to bed last night - this TD is heating up! 

Essegi said:
Bonci poppers pizza!

At the moment pizza Bonci is the best method i know for a pizza with my standard oven. Maybe someone would say that crispy thin pizza is the best, but trust me that stuff is more than just good.

Details of procedure here!

My ingredients:
380g w260 flour
304g cold water
3g fresh beer yeast
8g salt
15g evo
22h of fridge.

More or less 700g of dough for 32*37 board.

Toppings:
[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I used 20 poppers on that (4*5).[/SIZE]
oregano first, then poppers, then Campania buffalo mozz (more or less 400g in total).
I covered poppers with a slice of buffalo mozz.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Cooking: 10 minutes lowest position, 8 mid high position at max temp (~275°C).[/SIZE]

Poppers: cherry peppers or similar, deseeded, with 1 anchovy, 2 capers and some fennel leaves each.
Anchovies and capers cured with salt, washed with water, then bathed in evo.
Poppers were left all night in fridge then pulled out 1 hour and half before using.

iRTT8hROqx1Lx.jpg

iI7zmRMAyFzmX.jpg

iMX92aJHbwzuj.jpg

Best eaten aften after a while.

I swear my taste buds are picking up the flavor on these right through the screen! Fantastico!

[SIZE=18pt]Joyner’s Indian inspired spiced chicken stuffed Bahamian Goats[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Marinade for chicken:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=12pt]1 cup plain yogurt[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]2 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]1 tablespoon garam masala[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]½ teaspoon of Joyner’s Thai Blend[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]1 teaspoon cardamom powder[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]2 tablespoons tomato paste[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt] 1 ½ tablespoons dark brown sugar[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Salt and pepper to taste[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]1 clove garlic minced[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mix all ingredients together in a bowl minus the chicken. Put the chicken in a shallow container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Get your hands dirty and work it into the chicken and under the skin. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Grill the chicken over medium heat (350 to 400) on my grill making sure to turn every 10 to 15 minutes to keep from burning. Remove chicken once it is cooked…cannot give you a time since all chicken thighs are not created equal. It took roughly 40 minutes for me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]Additional items for the Bahamian Goats[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]1 cup Basmati rice[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]½ cup shredded mozzarella [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]3 Bahamian Goat peppers[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Small handful of cilantro[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Cook a cup of Basmati rice following the directions on the rice.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Remove the tops of the Bahamian Goats like you were working with a pumpkin[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]Stuffing the peppers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pull apart a small piece of the chicken and mix it with a few tablespoons of rice. Stuff this into the peppers and top with the cheese. Place on the grill for roughly 10 minutes, I used a grilling basket. Remove and add a piece of cilantro.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]
10562664_851762444857483_84288518039451270_o.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]
10648974_851762438190817_2278374622432043124_o.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]
1519534_851762434857484_8788349797253291384_o.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]All I can say is these were super hot! I forgot how hot our Bahamian Goat peppers were this season. [/SIZE]

Most excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And perfect thinking on the cheese. You want it melty and cheesy, with a mild flavor that does not take away from Indian. WELL DONE!

The Hot Pepper said:
Most excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And perfect thinking on the cheese. You want it melty and cheesy, with a mild flavor that does not take away from Indian. WELL DONE!
Thanks boss, glad I got a break to actually make some food...was a long shot but it worked out!

Tequila Sunset

A fitting end to summer - candied ripe pods stuffed with tequila-infused brownies, alongside jamaica flower and tequila coconut ice cream.

Soften coconut ice cream then mix in hot pepper powder, jamaica flower powder, and a bit of tequila. Refreeze. 

Make dark chocolate brownies (I used Ghiradelli), use light olive oil instead of veggie oil and add hot pepper powder. Crumble the brownies and drizzle with tequila; mix well. 

Stem and slit hot peppers of your choice (I used aji cristal) and deseed. Melt sugar, salt, lime juice and tequila in a sauce pan at medium-low. Increase the heat and add the pods. Stir gently to coat the pods and allow to boil until the pods start to become translucent. Remove the pods to parchment paper and allow to cool. Stuff the pods with the tequila-infused brownie mix then chill.

P1010823.JPG

P1010825.JPG

P1010824.JPG

Wondering about jamaica flowers? They're called that in some regions of Mexico, but are best known as hibiscus in the U.S.

Nice geeme. I see we both are using similar ideas. Aji crystal like that ought to work quiet well, it's really fruity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back