• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Show Your Heritage Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
sicman said:
I was going to do spaghetti pie,what a shame. Guess I still could but I woud have to go to store and do it tonight,that sounds terrible.

grant everyone do have hurdles,Im finishing my barn by myself so unless I can get a bunch of thp volunteers I dont have time this weekened. I have to have all insulation done water ran and sink on the wall before monday afternoon. I woud be out there now but I mowed today and insulated all day yesterday. Im tired and this will be my last break until sunday afternoon for band rehearsal and thats work.

Dang I wanted yall to see my pie
Wow....I forgot about these. If it is made with spaghetti, egg and grated cheese, my grandmother made these all the time.

sicman said:
I was going to do spaghetti pie,what a shame. Guess I still could but I woud have to go to store and do it tonight,that sounds terrible.

grant everyone do have hurdles,Im finishing my barn by myself so unless I can get a bunch of thp volunteers I dont have time this weekened. I have to have all insulation done water ran and sink on the wall before monday afternoon. I woud be out there now but I mowed today and insulated all day yesterday. Im tired and this will be my last break until sunday afternoon for band rehearsal and thats work.

Dang I wanted yall to see my pie

I was aiming that more at D3, sic ...

I'm in the same position, I'm going to have to shortchange my dish because of work ...

I was going to do it two-ways, old and new, but will have to instead do it new, and file it under the new-spin-on-an-old-flame category ...

I was just thinking that if I didn't have much money ... I'd run to the butcher and try to score some free bones, and a cheap cut, and make an Asian dish w/ bone broth ...

That sort of thing.

Rock on w/ your barn thing brother, I'd come up there if I trusted my transportation ... that's something I've neglected since I've been working from home.
sicman said:

I can probably hook you up w/ a nice piece of granite for your desk - unless it's massive - from the remnants, at work ...

I almost never get to utilize that perk - I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind my cutting a top out of the remnants!

Let me know ;)

* Delivery not included.

Uh ,ok. That would be awesome. Screw delivery Ill pick it up.

That would be way cooler than what i had in mine.

tctenten said:
Wow....I forgot about these. If it is made with spaghetti, egg and grated cheese, my grandmother made these all the time.
And sausage,several cheeses and anything else you want to put in it. My mother actually has glass pie dishes with a recipe for spaghetti pie printed in the bottom of it,well I have no idea if she still has it but she did when i was little.

sicman said:
Uh ,ok. That would be awesome. Screw delivery Ill pick it up.

That would be way cooler than what i had in mine.

And sausage,several cheeses and anything else you want to put in it. My mother actually has glass pie dishes with a recipe for spaghetti pie printed in the bottom of it,well I have no idea if she still has it but she did when i was little.

Send me approx dimensions in PM ...

I'll hook you up.

I'd rather eat w/ my paws than use plastic silverware ...

I'd rather drink from the spigot, than drink off plastic ...

I'd rather put whatever it is on a bun or in a wrap, than have to hold a paper plate ...

But that's just me ...

Quick update but i have guests... First proof ot heritage dish. Sry if i don't reply to some post but i'm on hurry.

bZY4kHc.jpg

gDzoy5g.jpg

RBG7hHL.jpg

BaoMgbb.jpg

gHQVrbZ.jpg

xl5P7Xb.jpg

dCzT3M4.jpg

Leftover

Jgv2491.jpg

Non hot version
DyMQ1aE.jpg

No way i'll make that only hot and survive... Second proof.

Remember final entry must be spicy. ;)

Looks like duck!

Looks good. Some sort of duck bolognese and spatzle or hand rolled egg noodle... details!

cypresshill1973 said:
What kind of meat is... Duck?
It woud be duck meat :crazy:

You know,better duck or get hit in the fleshy meat of your head.
Yo,Fister should have duck meated
8123594476_fbb2e23620_o.gif

p.s. you guys are actually home of the largest male duck penis ever found. so dont play this I have no idea what duck crap is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back