• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Show Your Heritage Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

"Passed" the tomatoes, rest to come tomorrow.

Wish I could join in, but mother-in-law is here for the weekend, and she wants steaks today. Yesterday and tomorrow were/will be eaten up with road travel. Good luck all! Lookin' good so far!

If you grew up eating short rib ragu, then damn you!!! Just damn you!!!!

Or wait, methinks meatballs!

:woohoo:
Cool JP!

TC, short rib and veal meatballs? Grew up eating spag and meatballs and this is your kicked up version? Just a guess.

The Hot Pepper said:
If you grew up eating short rib ragu, then damn you!!! Just damn you!!!!

Or wait, methinks meatballs!

Many different types of meats in the "gravy" when I was younger.  Grandma, if she was still around, would crack you over the back of your head with her wooden spoon if you ever called her gravy anything but gravy.   God forbid if you said "sauce".  

You are correct on both guesses.  I did forget the eggs when I took the picture.

Sweet!

Yeah gravy. Italian-American thing especially in Brooklyn and Jersey!

The Hot Pepper said:
:woohoo:
Cool JP!

TC, short rib and veal meatballs? Grew up eating spag and meatballs and this is your kicked up version? Just a guess.

Short ribs and pork neck bones for the gravy,  ground beef for the meatballs, and it was always "macaroni".  Obviously everyone's family did it a little bit different, but spaghetti only when we had a fish sauce.   Yes I will be kicking up the gravy with the dried yellow bhuts.   

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back