• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Soup n Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
grantmichaels said:
Maybe I should try airbrushing some food! =)
with edible gold paint and a stencil that reads THP

giphy.gif

:lol:

Seriously, that pepper pot looks killer. I can only imagine all the flavors rockin in that sammy. Piklez too. I've been craving a cabbage soup. Debated on making one but couldn't get away from the thought of a good mushroom soup. 

D3monic said:
Seriously, that pepper pot looks killer. I can only imagine all the flavors rockin in that sammy. Piklez too. I've been craving a cabbage soup. Debated on making one but couldn't get away from the thought of a good mushroom soup. 

I was distraught at how comforting all soup is to me ...

At first I was like ... I'll just make a X ... then I was like, what about Y ...

Where X = Matzo Ball, Y = Baked Potato, Z = Chicken Noodle ...

It was manifold ...

Every soup is comfort food for me, I guess I just gravitate towards soup for that nourishment ...

Egg Drop/Wonton, Cream of Mushroom, New England Clam Chowder, and yes - Cabbage Soup (we make it the most often historically, although Matzo Balls are en vogue here right now) ...

There's only one soup that I like - and wouldn't characterize as particular nourishing - Minestrone ...

That's diet soup ... even with Mystery Wine powder.

LOL
tctenten said:
Very nice Grant. Looks real good.

Thanks! Tried to weave in everyone's treasures ...

PS - those little pickled charapita are pretty bangin' now ... I ripped one open with my thumbnails and squeezed out about 20x seeds, and ate it ... you did well!

I need to go through this thread to find TGCM's soup from yesterday, or maybe it's still coming and I didn't miss it while cooking ...

Also kind of dying to see JayT's soup ...

And, D3's Philly is sure to be over-the-top ... so I'm looking forward to that also.

I have to type up my entry tonight, so my final post will likely 'just make it' before the deadline, as per my usual. :rofl:

grantmichaels said:
Late-season 'canes are the worst ...

La Nina's supposed to be coming into place this Fall, or is now in place ...
Yes, last 2 were both October storms and deadly. So many of my close friends lost so much in the Outer Banks this storm. Floods to levels never recorded for there and that is saying a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back