• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Soup n Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
salsalady said:
No, and you don't HAVE to show things like S & P.... as long as the main ingredients are there. 
Good to see you jumping into the fray~   :)also you don't have to have PoL in all the pictures, as long as it's in at least one picture. 

Good Luck!

Thanks SL!

Here goes nothing. More to come later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 76
The large majority, but don't sweat it. Looking forward to see your entry.

11755248_487873411367211_2527388869001108164_n_zpsyj1vxs6l.jpg

My entry will be a little later today.

Soup and sanwich has been my comfort food sense I was a tadpole. Soup has always been one of my strong points. I don't really get crazy fancy with it, but it always tastes AWESOME. Iwill be making what my wife calls "Jack um up soup". This soup is a thick and creamy cream of potato soup that I add lots of pepper jack cheese to to make it just spicey enough to excite your senses and warm your heart. For the sanwich I will be presenting a old time classic MONTE CRISTO. I can remember the days before ever Barbie doll started bitching about her waist line. The days when coffe was a dime and corner diners had menues that made you smile.

I look forward to presenting my take on the comfortable soup and sanwich that mom would make when the air was crisp and you were tired from playing in the fallen leaves.

Dagnabbit I forgot to mention that!

My intention was, heat on only one required but can do both. This lets you do a classic and stick to it, as a cooling side as well.

Since both are one entry, heat just needs to be there, in something. ;)

Added:

As always needs a hot pepper ingredient, but does not need to be in both.

The Hot Pepper said:
Dagnabbit I forgot to mention that!

My intention was, heat on only one required but can do both. This lets you do a classic and stick to it, as a cooling side as well.

Since both are one entry, heat just needs to be there, in something. ;)

Added:

As always needs a hot pepper ingredient, but does not need to be in both.

THANKS BOSS

They had the best drink specials. We used to start our evenings there to 'set the stage' for what would come thereafter ...

I also really liked their fried chicken salad ...

They had a burger with a fried cheese wheel on it that was pretty rockin' ...

Haha ... and people wonder why we DIY ...

Village Inn pies were our T-day choice forever ...

As a kid I liked the multiple choices of syrup I wasn't allowed to have at home ... and the chocolate chip pancakes, which I also wasn't allowed at home ...

You are missing the finer institutions, though ...

The good one's ...

Church's chicken ... what I wouldn't give to have one, again ... I'd drive right fucking now.

We have Popeye's, but it's not even close to teh Church's ...

We still have Basil's ... and they've added a few interesting Greek elements to their menu that make it pretty cool, plus racks of ribs ... Basil's is a handy place to have, actually.

Miami Subs was half-decent for a sub shop, but honestly Publix has been making the best subs all along ... nobody can beat the fresh-factor of a supermarket ...

Churches never had but seen...

Miami Subs burger tasted weird, weird bun like a dry kaiser... ha.

Publix does have good sammies.

My mom used to work at a popeyes. They would make her soak the old chicken in bleach water. 

I've ate at perkins, village inn, bob evans near here sucks. Not sure if we have village inn here. We did in Nebraska. I think bakers square is the predominate pie restaurant here. 

I pretty much stopped eating at chains in high school, but in some places it's hard to avoid... when visiting people, and they want to take you out to eat, there's only that... so things like Outback become high-end...

The Hot Pepper said:
Miami Subs burger tasted weird, weird bun like a dry kaiser... ha.
El Grande “The Big One” with eggs, Swiss American cheese and your choice of steak, ham, bacon or sausage on toasted bread.

I used bagel, so that could be it ...

Can't wait to make some philly cheesesteaks. I'm starving for them. 

Going to show those silly Philadelphians what they doing wrong. 

I'd call it a Shitcago Cheesesteak but this state doesn't deserve that honor. They'd just butcher it like they do hotdogs..

867d3a1d32abeed5bbf60b13503a76d5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back