• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Soup n Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know u want to...

wheelbarrow_shadow.jpg

Gonna be Saturday for me. Wife working snack booth at Chris' Homecoming football game. She has the phone that takes better pics. Plus I need a couple small things from the store. Still goin back and forth about what sammie. I swear it keeps me up at night. Wife keeps sayin K I S S. But but but. "Robert, just make yummy comfort food and have fun doin it". But but but

Really surprised she puts up with me.

Let the guessing games begin. I was disappointed in the fresh mushroom selection. Grabbed some dried shittalky 

vNJx7t7.jpg

Pol

ZOhYhLT.jpg

I was going to try and do my cook tomorrow after work but it would have been really stressful. Glad to see it ends Monday night. I'm off and the fam off for the holiday. 

Edit: Not pictured is my meat, darn package was dripping blood all over. 

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Anyone else doing any TD cooking and drinking tonight?

No, but I'm sure we are all going to love whatever you are working on!

Me? Just eating my candied hot peppers today. Way more than I should.....  :drooling:  Been trying to figure if there's a way to include some of the reserved syrup in the TD entry, like maybe used as a glaze on something, or in a sauce....

geeme said:

No, but I'm sure we are all going to love whatever you are working on!

Me? Just eating my candied hot peppers today. Way more than I should.....  :drooling:  Been trying to figure if there's a way to include some of the reserved syrup in the TD entry, like maybe used as a glaze on something, or in a sauce....
Cool man, I hope you do enjoy it. I'm assuming that ellipsis means you're entering a dish for the TD as well, so good luck, and have fun with your entry!
t0mato said:
I wish. Hopefully tomorrow.
Hopefully so! I had to get the cooking done tonight, since I'm going to be at an Oktoberfest beer festival all day tomorrow. The leftovers from this TD are going to be a life saver come Sunday morning.

t0mato said:
I think this should be my first TD

Do all ingredients have to be shown in 1 photo? I forgot to add what I'll use for heat.

No, and you don't HAVE to show things like S & P.... as long as the main ingredients are there. 
Good to see you jumping into the fray~   :)
also you don't have to have PoL in all the pictures, as long as it's in at least one picture. 

Good Luck!

Edit- the heat ingredient should be shown, that is kinda important.  Just get it in one of the prep pictures so we know what it is.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back